[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 58 KB, 800x800, 1440168956315.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
867601 No.867601 [Reply] [Original]

You always lose by selling your labour. Your effort just goes down the sink. You work to pay for food and rent, i.e. you work for the ability to work more.

The most efficient form of labour is the creation of capital, like intellectual property, patents, computer code.
What do you know about this kind of labour, /biz/?

>> No.867605

I know it's easier to sit around and wait for someone to do that then to come in and make a similar product and profit.

>> No.867686

>>867605
Yep. I've harvested enough opinions from various forums, often directly solicited, to write a few ebooks. I plan to do just that. But I'm pretty sure it'll just be pocket money.

>> No.868650

Bump. Surprised /biz/ isn't more interested in this topic. It's like pulling an inheritance out of a magic hat. Capital creation!

>> No.868669

>>868650
Sort of, but you have to do something outside of the box (harder than "show up to work, work, leave") and, more importantly, you need to be lucky

>> No.868687

>>867601
>You always lose by selling your labour. Your effort just goes down the sink. You work to pay for food and rent, i.e. you work for the ability to work more.

So all that money I made, saved, and invested in shit was imaginary?

>just invent something

If it was that easy do you not think everyone would do it?

>> No.868696

Really, what OP is talking about is not creation of capital but OWNERSHIP of capital. I create capital at my job all the time, but because of my contract, I don't own it.

Ownership is actually where the benefit arises. Creation can lead to ownership, but so can simply purchasing, in the form of monetary investments.

>> No.868700

>>868687
You always lose in relation to whoever owns the relevant capital. He's one step ahead, usually due to inheritance.
People crow about managerial skills, but half of being a capitalist is simply leverage. Intellectual capital creation allows leverage to jump out of your forehead like bloody Athena. It's miraculous.

>If it was that easy do you not think everyone would do it?
Make this comment in a forum thread with an affiliate link in your signature. Your comment is now a tiny piece of capital. Bad example, but not a false one.

>> No.868724

>>868700
>You always lose in relation to whoever owns the relevant capital.
Businesses are always profitable?

>Make this comment in a forum thread with an affiliate link in your signature.

Again if it was easy and profitable people would be doing it. You are not the only person out there trying to make a buck. In this case you have dropped the "just invent something" for "just become a respected expert who's opinion is highly regarded". The second likely being easier than the first but still neither simple nor easy.

>> No.868753

>>868724
>Businesses are always profitable?
A job is a sure thing once you get one?
Everyone goes down with the ship.

>In this case you have dropped the "just invent something" for "just become a respected expert who's opinion is highly regarded".
In this case I have retained "intellectual property" as "intellectual property."
And if you honestly believe you need to be a publicly known expert to attract interest in what you type, how do you explain your interaction with me? Or mine with you?
If this were the comment section of a blog post, it would only attract further interest and invite people to comment. More search terms are created. The value of the page as an advertising space increases.

>> No.868778

>>868753
>A job is a sure thing once you get one?
I never claimed it was, you claimed the employees always lose in relation to the owners which is patently false. The owners can lose millions while the employees still get paid their wages.

>In this case I have retained "intellectual property" as "intellectual property."

For what you say to be worth anything you need credibility, which I doubt you have. Feel free to start a website and see how many people care to read what you post. I would suggest working as a journalist but that would be wasting your labor apparently.

>> No.868824

>>868778
>I never claimed it was
and I never claimed that businesses are always profitable. What I claimed is that a business is a man with leverage using it to take a share of somebody's effort. To express it in the vigorous terms I'm sure you're used to, a renter is his landlord's bitch. A servant is his employer's bitch.

>The owners can lose millions while the employees still get paid their wages.
Or laid off. Or evicted.

>For what you say to be worth anything you need credibility, which I doubt you have.
How is credibility gained?
Do you just sort of make an amiable face at someone until they decide your words will be credible? Since you need credibility to have your words believed.

Are you a former steel worker? Just a strange intuition.

>> No.868865
File: 24 KB, 360x324, Op_15c506_1890926.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>868824
>I never claimed that businesses are always profitable

>You always lose in relation to whoever owns the relevant capital.

>> No.868889

>>868865
How are you feeling? : )

>> No.868909

>>868669
Fuck that. There is plenty of opportunity inside the box. Be a better businessman in an established industry. Could you run a better plumbing or grass cutting company? I run a home repair business and make major bank. My secret is I just fucking work harder than my competitors. I show my clients that I care. It's pretty fucking easy. A lot easier than coming up with the next Microsoft.

>> No.870292

Bump