[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 159 KB, 600x594, 1521394160223.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8626686 No.8626686 [Reply] [Original]

BTC was created out of a despise of traditional investments, monopolies, and slavery to a system in which the average person has 0 power to protect their own assets, wealth, or economy from greedy 1%ers, conflict of interest in political struggles, and acting themselves as collateral in the giant monopoly of the financial economy of the world.

some of you might argue it already failed. Some of you think its under attack now because its demonstrated proof of concept.

What makes you think this can ever die? if we witness another financial collapse, i believe that crypto will go through a second shine. people will flock to it again due to its deflationary nature and see it as a safe haven from manipulation by traditional powers. this is the true value of bitcoin. not speculation. it may crash now, but it will never fail at its purpose. people will forever use bitcoin from now onwards. i'm too stupid to know what this means from price eventually, but one thing is for sure its not going anywhere.

>> No.8626727

>>8626686
Because with BTC you're a slave to basement-dwelling libertarian autists who didn't waste their BTC on pizza or drugs ages ago instead

>> No.8626812

>>8626727

you see this is where you are missing the point. you have these "basement dwelling autists" who are in-charge of their own money flow and net value.

What political, social, and economic power do these average neets have on a global scale? nothing. What this means is that they cannot leverage their control and fuck everyone else in the world with their combined wealth and clout. there is no centralization of power with bitcoin in a humanity global scale.

right now there is. and me and you, we are the collateral they bargain with or use as pawns or, better put, as insurance and risk management. "they" gamble by using your home values as a risk factor. your assets are put at risk for their gain. you are collateral.

with bitcoin this simply can't happen. that is the value.