[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 4 KB, 205x246, 4L_pSD4H9BG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8384113 No.8384113 [Reply] [Original]

What are some of the highest paying most fulfilling entry level jobs for a CS/Comp E stemfag college grad? Also which city should I move to since mothers basement is starting to get a little lonely?

>> No.8384136

>>8384113
Kneepads

>> No.8384171

if you want to be a code monkey go be a programmer. entry level's at web startups and app developers can pay a lot because of the whole app craze that's been going on.

learn database development/integration as well, db admins make a fuck ton of money, especially gov't contractors because the gov't doesnt have to worry about profits.

I used to work IT for the county parks department and everytime the small ass MS access db had a bug, the contractor was called. He was paid 400$ just for that trip, took him about 3 hours (2 hours communte, 1 to fix it)

>> No.8384242
File: 59 KB, 338x296, K750i.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8384113
No job in CS is fulfilling
If you are competent you are rewarded with more and more work until you are doing so much you no longer have the time or the will to do it properly anymore, then you get burnt out and want to kys
The only fulfillment comes from making your own projects and seeing them become successful
If you want a grad job, get one at a large company where you can do the absolute minimum while you leech off the talent and motivation of others as people have done off me my whole career and you have a much happier life

>> No.8384878

IT Security is a growing field. Entry level can earn anywhere from $50-$75k a year. Military contracting companies pay more but often require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Any decent sized city or company, Atlanta, Research Triangle Park, Space Coast in FL, Seattle, Virginia, IT Security jobs are just about everywhere. Dell, Verizon, Health Insurance, Government, Contractors are always looking for people. Look for IT contracting/staffing agencies. Recruiters will literally find jobs for you, get interviews setup, etc. Apex Systems, Smartlink, Kelly Services, Insight Global to name a few. Call these companies and ask to speak to a recruiter. Introduce yourself, send over resume, do this until you have a job. Then keep doing it until you find a job/pay you like/enjoy.