[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 292 KB, 1037x1072, 594a27b2b7664b7977c0594b_img1-2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8041938 No.8041938[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So I decided to start looking into how to operate a LINK node. I'm not terribly proficient with coding and the like, but I recently figured out how to ssh into a website and use css so I'm feeling bullish. Below are some excerpts from the ChainLink Node FAQ

=====================================
>Wouldn’t holding millions of LINK automatically rank you to the top above the other nodes?
No, holding LINK is just one of the factors when determining a node’s reputation. Having LINK on a node helps get the node started, but there is a point of diminishing returns for how much LINK to hold. Nodes that simply have enough reputation may be eligible for the job. From that, node selection will be random.

>What are the factors for ranking a node
Availability (uptime)
Correctness of responses
Total number of assigned requests
Total number of completed requests
Total number of accepted requests
Average time to respond
Amount of penalty payments
Amount of LINK held

>How active do I need to be with running a node?
There are a few manual tasks that need to be accomplished. As a node operator, you will need to establish connections to different API endpoints which require authentication or custom computations. You will also need to ensure that the system is well-maintained and updated with the latest security patches.
=====================================

https://guides.oraclefinder.com/node-faq

The thought that occurred to me is that being an early bird in setting up a node might be one way to improve reputation in what may likely become a competitive market. So we should figure out as much as we can about this now! The question, then, is what kind of node to set up, if I understand it correctly. I'm going to look at this image from the FAQ for inspiration to begin with. I welcome your thoughts as well.

>> No.8041952

don't post pro-LINK threads you fucking moron, keep price low so we can accumulate low

>> No.8042006
File: 6 KB, 250x207, 1518570881450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>uses intel sgx node
>thinks his linkies won't get stolen by script kiddies via spectre exploits

Link is dead retards, how can you not see this.

>> No.8042027

>>8041938
Nice work anon

>> No.8042095

As an individual without access to the backend of something like SAP, I am thinking that the All Web API's will be the place to get creative. Perhaps there are some measures of Things on the internet for which clients will be willing to pay a small amount. What about measures of social media presence for advertisers? Or perhaps comment analysis indicating shifts in opinion?

>>8041952
Yeah, fair. I guess I'm too naive for this place.