[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 70 KB, 717x960, gato3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7465914 No.7465914 [Reply] [Original]

I'm beginning to think that the way to go is creating a highly divesified shitcoin portfolio, and with shitcoin I mean anything below 10M. The main reasons for this are:

1. They won't go significantly lower.

These shitcoins have such very low market cap that only the devs and a bunch of hardcore believers hold them. They are not prone to panic and at these levels the ethpyramid effect is quite strong. Everyone holding them is too greedy about the enormous growth possibilities and won't sell at such low levels. Also, nobody is that retarded to go all in on one of these, so there will be very little effect from FUD, as most people will have only a very tiny chunk of the portfolio in them.

2. Obviously, the growth potential.

If only one of them multiplies x1000 it really doesn't matter what any of the others does. If you spread 2 ETH across 20 shitcoins, 19 of them die and 1 of them multiplies by 1000 your portfolio did a very easy x50. Also, remember point 1, the other coins will not lose much value.

3. Diversification reduces volatility.

Yes, volatility is dangerous on any of these shitcoins alone, but combining them on a highly diversified portfolio you can get volatilities very close to those of the big players while still preserving all the growth potential.

Naturally the best way to go is to choose shitcoins that do sound serious or that have some interesting project. If you pick them up blindly probably it won't work. I think I'll take 2 ETH out of my portfolio and dedicate it to this project.

What do you guys think of this strategy? Will it work? I don't think I can lose much from this. Can you think of any reason why I should put all my money on something like BTC instead?

Also, which coins do you know with market caps <10M that are worth it? Preferably coins that haven't had any kind of mooning yet, as all mooning can be reverted.

I'm gonna do some research on my own and in a while I'll comment some shitcoins that I'll use for this.

>> No.7465953

I've thought about this myself.

I think it makes sense in a bull market, but with all these bears in the woods it's too risky.

>> No.7465977

good strategy. you just need to pull out on time

>> No.7465994

sounds interesting, post progress sometime again with the same pic pls

>> No.7466025

>>7465914
I've started buying into Pre-ICOs for anything I think will increase in value, especially when their starting marketcap is super low. having 1 or so eth each in 10-15 ICOs seems like a good strategy for catching a couple of moons without losing all your money.

>> No.7466026

>>7465914
inb4 100% of the shitcoins fail

>> No.7466077

>>7466025
I've thought about this but many times post-ICO the price plummets to 1% what it was.

It's better to get in on absolute ground level, when these projects have no hype anymore from ICO hunters but still have a promising project that might become something in the future.

>> No.7466091

>>7465914
yes, this has been very profitable in the past and it's what I'm doing now. but it takes a lot of patience. I look for coins that have been around since 2015 or before (preferably older), where the dev is still active and the wallet/network is functional and stable.

>> No.7466149 [DELETED] 

Join us and watch your money grow. We have all the tools you need!

https://discord dot gg/pbN4G73

>> No.7466162

>>7465914
congrats anon, this is the path.

>> No.7466215

>>7466091
Any advice on how to find these jewels? I don't really know where to start.

>> No.7466255

>>7466215
Turtlecoin.lol

>> No.7466553

>>7465994
Will do.

>>7465953
I don't think it's that risky. Read point 1. It might be even safer than BTC.