[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 4 KB, 205x246, wjfihg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7281845 No.7281845 [Reply] [Original]

if there is one thing you should be looking when investing in crypto is that it has no working product and lot of "milestones".

Imaginary "partnerships", promises and tweets are all we need to achieve great gains right now. Unfortunately a lot of cryptos claim to be delivering their final products 2018/2019. This means we will reach the stage where these coins actually needs clients and real world use to be successful and increase in price. This won't happen, and even for the few that manage to do so, it's not going to be enough to justify a project to be evaluated in billions of dollars. Deep down we all now that. A little project developed by half dozen guys should not be worth more than companies with hundred / thousands of employees out there.

So pray the market recovers soon and enjoy the promises land for now to maximize your gains, this is literally your last chance.

>> No.7281861

>>7281845
there can be only one imo. it will be decided this year

>> No.7281876

I gotta agree. Even if it's not the end for crypto it's going to be the end for unregulated 100x profits.

>> No.7281942

>>7281845
>A little project developed by half dozen guys should not be worth more than companies with hundred / thousands of employees out there.
I can partially agree to everything but this.

Gold and fiat are both speculative as well, but they're mass adopted. You don't have to "create value" for a new currency to have high value, you just need a mass of people who agree to use it.

>> No.7281980

>>7281845
If the prices kept going up like during new years, you wouldn't be saying that.
The truth is this is all speculation, it could stop being cool right now and everything could die

>> No.7282001

>>7281845
>A little project developed by half dozen guys should not be worth more than companies with hundred / thousands of employees out there.

You're comparing apples (shares in a company) to oranges (a new currency). If a currency shows sufficient utility then the "market cap" (really the circulation) can massively exceed that of the company that developed it.

You need to adjust your thinking.

>> No.7282003

they're not though. do you really not understand on the crypto market cap works?

>> No.7282433

>>7281942
>>7282001
>>7282003

Ok, I see the point regarding the new currency. But a great portion of those cryptos/tokens are not meant to be currency per se.

And for the ones that are strictly currency, i think it's reasonable to believe that there isn't space for all of them in the future. If we ever reach mass adoption ( and i mean real mass adoption, where you can actually go to your local grocery shop and buy whatever with crypto and don't even need to question the owner if he accepts it or not ), only one will be really successful ( or a couple at most ? ), nobody wants to have dozens of different currencies.

As for the other non-currency only cryptos, they will solely depend on their projects to be successful and aggregate value/price.

>> No.7282519

>>7282433
There's already multiple credit cards + cash accepted everywhere, what makes you think someone won't create a POS device that accepts any crypto?

>> No.7282805

>>7282519
multiple credit cards/cash is one of the things crypto ( as a currency ) is suppose to eliminate, if we really reach mass adoption stages, i don't think it's going to be acceptable to have dozens of different cryptos as currency, you can even accept any crypto, but the general consensus is that only the main one (s) will have real value. ( once again, this applying to the cryptos that want to be nothing more then currency )