[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 8 KB, 276x183, 1426549049976.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
695280 No.695280 [Reply] [Original]

Long story short I was fired yesterday from my part-time job working at an amusement park. I'm 19 years old and that was the only income I had. I was paid minimum wage £5.60/hr and I'm totally lost, I really don't know what to do.

Can anyone give me some advice on picking myself up and trying to go for another job? I'm in college at the moment too. (UK college so a year before university)

I feel like total shit, it was a 0 hour contract job too, I just need to find another job.

>> No.695615

>>695280
My advice is to not get too bent out of shape over being fired from a minimum wage job. They did you a favor. I don't personally know you, but I'm sure your time is worth more than 5.60/hour.

If that quality of job is all you're capable of/aspiring to get then you can go nearly anywhere and get another one. Minimum wage is meant for the lowest common denominator of human beings.

>> No.695617

>>695280
was it thorpe park cos' I was there yesterday

>> No.695796

>>695280
Move on. I've worked all above minimum wage jobs, until one day I was in a rut and decided to try out a minimum wage job simply because it was close.... well.. I still cry to this day realizing all the autistic people who worked there. I left there and looked for a better job, found it a week later making 12 (when 7.25$ is minimum here).