[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 67 KB, 426x341, 1352722375359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
654488 No.654488 [Reply] [Original]

Anon looking to buy a home here.

Im hesitant to buy anything right now because things seem a bit overpriced. Is it possible that something like the previous mortgage crisis might happen again in the future, or have safeguards been put in place to prevent that kind of thing from happening again? I dont want to get in a house and have it be worth less than what im paying for it down the road. Is it a good time to buy right now?

>> No.654492

>>654488
always possible for it to happen again

>> No.654494

>Is it possible that something like the previous mortgage crisis might happen again in the future
It's not likely.

That said, housing markets do move in cycles under normal conditions. There is no guarantee whatsoever that your house won't go down in value.

>> No.654613

So, really, this can be a quantitative decision. Look at how much you'd pay monthly on a rental vs. an equivalent purchased home.

If it's nearly the same, you will want to purchase to take advantage of any appreciation.

>> No.654629

>>654488

depends, you seem really beta, so do you want your wife to cuck you in your own home or just some rental? Me I went with renting because the former is really fucking pathetic.