[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 26 KB, 306x306, 1418687547538.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
586334 No.586334 [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /biz/. In a few short days I'll be making a life changing decision to either quit my decent paying job 40k a year with prospects up to 90k a year through hard labor that's detrimental to my health to go ahead and dedicate my full time to college In hopes that:

>I'll make a career where just won't hate my life.
>make decent money

I want to get an industrial design degree, or possibly ME. Still not quite sure which one, or even if I would be able to find jobs with having those degrees.

Am I about to dun goof? BMW
> decent amount in my bank account saved
> no debt

>> No.586353

You'll realize there's not much of a difference in the salary to justify the salary and go back. Every IB friend I have has gone from $150-200K/year 80-100+ hour weeks to $50K working 3 days a week and have never been more happy.

Only people who think salary = happy life are college kids. The guys who really love money and love to put up with hard work start their own businesses, they don't work for somebody else.

>> No.586373

>>586353
That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I have a passion for inventing and thinking outside the box, and I think ID would make me happy. I've heard that:
>Doing what you love for money=immeasurable wealth

Which is kinda what I'm hoping for. But at the same time, being my own boss and living off of residual income through something I created or a business sounds equally nice..

If there's anyone who can help me decide, please do. I have 15k in savings if that helps any.

>> No.586378

>>586373

>Doing what you love for money=immeasurable wealth

Hell no. Do what you're good at, to afford to do what you love. If you're good at math and love to paint, then becoming a Finance/Engineering major and having a hobby in painting is the most logical choice. But I think rationally. Some people make a good living doing what they love, but it's not very realistic to succeed statistically.