[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.04 MB, 1200x822, work-from-home.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5829647 No.5829647 [Reply] [Original]

Are there any real work-from-home jobs that are legitimate?
Don't say crypto I need a job because I have no initial money.

>> No.5829747

>>5829647
do you have any skills? you could write blogs. Start a special interest website like moot did. Manage social media for boomers. You can shill money. Some people pay you to do so on yelp or amazon. You can make toys out of clay for children. there are a lot of possibilites

>> No.5829770

>>5829647
I work as a web designer from home.

Work for small startups that aren't tech oriented and can't fund full-time offices. Even if they want to hire you fulltime in-office, they can't.

The reason it shouldn't be tech oriented is cause they would rather use the office space they do have for their business-related employees.

Or you can do freelancing but it's a riskier market than even startups unless you're good at it.

If you don't have a technology skillset there's some support lines that hire overseas people and might allow you to work from home depending on the situation.

>> No.5830559

>>5829770
>If you don't have a technology skillset there's some support lines that hire overseas people and might allow you to work from home depending on the situation.
I've been trying that but haven't had much luck
>>5829747
I'm working on studying to get some skills to produce content but I was hoping for something simple in the meantime

>> No.5830609

>>5829770
hmm, do you have a website

>> No.5830612

>>5829647
cam whore
if you're a dude you could fuck you gf on chaturbate or something

>> No.5830702

Teach the chinamen, don't even need a degree. Look it up. Plenty of sites, with degrees $18-25 an hour, without degrees you set your own rates on palfish.

>> No.5830760

>>5829647

Im a marketingfag and I work from home
sometimes go in to meet with my clients but 99% remote work
build some skills that are in demand and go for it m8. but honestly crypto is more fun and more lucrative right now.

>> No.5830784

>>5830702
Wouldn't you need to know Chinese in the first place though?

>> No.5830824

>>5829647
I'm interested in programming but I think my lack of math skills will prevent me from writing interesting programs.

>> No.5830863

Writing copy for online marketing as a freelancer, depending on your tolerance levels. You can make about $20-$30 an hour if you're a fast typist. Downside is the work is monotonous and you can give yourself carpal tunnel doing that shit if you aren't careful. You can also potentially move up to get some lucrative assignments based on a lot of factors. $20 per hour is like the minimum.

>> No.5831141

>>5830784
Online TESOL course = $50

>> No.5831433
File: 56 KB, 475x637, KIKO TO LAMB0LAND.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5829647

you dont need much money to get into crypto man..

if you are looking for a second source of income that you can do FROM HOME then go for KUCOIN

just follow the referral link in the picture, sign up, get your own referral link and start spamming that shit everywhere. send it to your friends.. anything. doesn't really matter. you make money off of everyone who signs up with your link..and everyone who signs up with your friends link.. and every trade they do..

half this board is already in on cukoin, so start fucking now, otherwise youll have yourself for missing out. there is literally zero risk and barely any effort involved. if you wanna get into the crypto market you need to make money, NOW. best of gains to you, anon

>> No.5831483
File: 88 KB, 890x670, 1450484371192.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5830824
That's bullshit bro.
I was never that good at math but still managed to almost graduate on my CS degree with honors. Programming is not really about classic math at all. Yes it helps if you understand basic operations and shit like logarithms, but discrete mathematics is something completely different from the math you're used to.

tl;dr
>just do it faggot

.t 3rd year CS student

>> No.5831587

>>5831433
First of all the coin you're shilling is literally a pyramid scheme
Second of all I don't want to use up my last bit of savings without a guaranteed way to get it back.

>> No.5831695

>>5831483
Unless you want churn out menial bullshit for-loops all day you need above average maths skills though.

>> No.5832220

>>5829647
I do graphic design and video editing from home for a small marketing company. I live in a small town and they basically have the market of all the local businesses. I unironically used my portfolio of memes that I made to get the job. It doesn't pay all the bills so I work part time as a wagie, but between being a professional memer for local businesses, bein' a part-time wagie, and crypto I'm sittin' comfy. Def would recommend looking around your area if you have some skills in the Adobe Suite.

>> No.5832298

>>5829647
You could suck dick from the comfort of your bed.

>> No.5832402

>>5832220
I actually have a full-time job and have them pay me for design work since it doesn't fit the bill of my position. I also found that working for state governments can be lucrative, like for your state parks. They usually have abysmal graphic design, they will pay better when you're with them more, but the pay periods & contracts are fucking long. Took me like 3 months to get a check for one of them and I've been in a contract for half a year with another and they just emailed me for continuation last week.