[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 126 KB, 960x684, ChartOfTheDay_1657_32_Million_People_Control_41_percent_of_the_Worlds_Wealth_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5805507 No.5805507 [Reply] [Original]

Let's try and guess the relative average wealth of all the boards on this site.

Wealthiest board is likely /biz/ or /k/. Maybe /o/ but I don't go there enough to know if they're all talk or if people actually buy shit. /k/ probably has the oldest average age on the board and most users have jobs and are fairly productive members of society.
/cgl/ is tough, but I think it's pretty high up there too.
/co/ beats /lit/ and /v/. Shelf threads are fairly active and comics are far more expensive than books. /v/ is underage and mostly pirates.
I think /toy/ beats /a/ but I'm not confident there. /a/'s buyfag thread is pretty fast after all.
/trash/ and some of the art boards might surprise me since a lot of people there buy commissions, but I'm pretty sure it's down there with /b/, /r9k/, and /adv/ for poorest boards.

Anyone else?

>> No.5805554

What about /pol/

>> No.5805654

>>5805554
Oh, that's a tough one. I'm willing to say lower 50 percent since it is mostly underages and neets, but I know some gainfully employed people visit there so I can't give anything more specific. They offered some very good advice when I stumbled onto a trade apprentice thread, and they can make some good money. Nowhere near /k/ at least, though there is some crossover.

I'd like some other opinions before I can say for sure.