[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 416 KB, 1000x667, complain-lazy-coworker[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5779434 No.5779434 [Reply] [Original]

Guys Im in real trouble. Im a freelancefag and made more money 2017 betting on shitcoins than I did working fulltime.

Now my clients literally have to bully me into doing any work for them. I still get tons of jobs because Im one of the best they got. But every day I check out a bit more mentally. Now the worst part is I already committed to a bunch of projects in 2018 and I can hardly muster up the energy to do them.

Only thing keeping me going is that I make more cash to dump into cryptos. I literally live in my parents basement and put 80% of my monies into BTC and assorted shitcoins.Im afraid one day I might just tell my boss/client to fuck off and then the entire crypto market will collapse.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY LIFE?

>> No.5779524

bump

>> No.5779575

>>5779434
here anon I have some advice: shut up

>> No.5779590

>>5779434
trust me i'm in the same boat except i work at a startup as a software engineer.

I have been making more money for the past 6 months in crypto than I am making at my office job, which means my performance at work has suffered.

However, my review was positive so I dunno. I'm just gonna scrape by and get to 2 million, cash out a million and then quit.

feels good being <30 and in the crypto scene early

>> No.5779610

>>5779434
Because you're turning into a trader. Why don't you do work on the weekdays where you have all your shitcoin investments set up and then trade on the weekdays? I do that, it's probably better since I'm less likely to keep moving shit around.

>> No.5779647

>>5779434
assuming you're making decent $ in crypto, I don't see why the wage job is worth the time and effort if it isn't producing as much. If your time is better allocated to crypto so be it, just make sure you have plans in place if it does fall through.

>> No.5779657

>>5779610
But I'll also say that it's affecting my performance too. I've been catching myself sleeping at my desk and having to regularly go outside for a breather. I called in sick today because I was watching ETH yesterday night moon.

>> No.5779678

>>5779590
Exactly the same position. I've even started doing small trades at work.

Basically we need to sort our shit out

>> No.5779790

>>5779610

I dont even trade, I just shitpost on 4chan and read up on shitcoins al day. I have no idea wtf Im doing and realize that Im just riding a massive bullrun. Thats what scares the hell out of me, that this shit will be over one day and I lost my main source of income because I simply didnt give a fuck anymore.

>> No.5779864

>>5779434
Man needs work in his life otherwise he is empty. Keep doing what you are good at and invest in crypto on the side. There will be time when you can enjoy the money.

>> No.5779895

>>5779790
It's how you fund your crypto, so there's a reason to care. If it gets to that point where it doesn't fund your crypto, than I guess you lost your passion.

>> No.5779899

>>5779864
>Man needs work in his life otherwise he is empty

only people without goals and ambition believe this

>> No.5779905

>>5779434
Same here man, I'm just waiting for ETH to reach about 2000-4000k usd and then I'll stop accepting 90% of the paid projects.

I'll only work on the most fun things, till then I try to work at least 8 months a year to maintain a somewhat normal FIAT-income incase all of this falls through. Also to keep my clients from going elsewhere after hearing too many "nah, cant be bothered with your project".

This is the smart thing to do I think, play it safe until you cashed out and made it.

I do not know how to deal with the motivation issue though, I hear ya man.
Doing the projects themselves isn't that bad, but as soon as I get even 1 feedback round I'm checked out. It just isn't worth my time.

Money < Time < Health

It's what we worry about, after you've got money secured you're suddenly aware of the value of time.

>> No.5779907

>>5779434
You are not a freelancer what do you freelance at? Showing off your crotch what do you make? 6,000 dollars a year? You're not a fucking freelancer just say that you fuck around a lot.

>> No.5779964

>>5779907

Marketing related and its significantly more than that. I do fuck around a lot tho.

>> No.5780002

keep working so you have a fail-safe in case the markets crash/something goes very wrong with trading.

>> No.5780005
File: 149 KB, 900x599, 1509656028808.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Freelance writer checking in here...

Client told me to write about cryptos 18 months ago

Caught the bug

Told clients old and new to fuck off

Literally made 10x what I was making freelancing doing jack shit.. Watching numbers on a screen.

They've begged me to come back to.. Doubled my pay and all

They try to hire pajeet and then a few weeks/months later, the beg for me to come back because they are bleeding visitors, clicks, impressions, etc

>> No.5780022

>>5779434
>Thats what scares the hell out of me, that this shit will be over one day and I lost my main source of income because I simply didnt give a fuck.

Makes this vid seem pretty relevant. Crypto is creating a fantasy economy that could very well go up in a poof of smoke one day, while no one is addressing real problems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BfMFOd0-l0&t=164s

>> No.5780023

>>5779905
>I'll only work on the most fun things, till then I try to work at least 8 months a year to maintain a somewhat normal FIAT-income incase all of this falls through. Also to keep my clients from going elsewhere after hearing too many "nah, cant be bothered with your project".

smart move anon
I started phasing out lower end bullshit too and only taking on projects that are not a total drag
truth be told though Im a lazy cunt and would jump ship any minute if I hit my financial goals with crypto

>> No.5780058

>>5779434
What happened is that you joined a cult. It didn't look like a cult, but that is precisely what crypto is and what function it's fulfilling for you. It's also why so many people resist it so much.