[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 54 KB, 585x627, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57622387 No.57622387 [Reply] [Original]

Highly suggest you read this if you want a laugh, then head on down to the comments that are 50/50 between "you are an absolute moron and shouldn't be giving financial advice" and "omg gurl you're so brave everyone else here thinks they're too smart to fall for the ol 'CIA told me to put $50k in a shoebox and give it to some stranger while keeping it a secret from everyone you know' scam!"
https://www.thecut.com/article/amazon-scam-call-ftc-arrest-warrants.html
>Scam victims tend to be single, lonely, and economically insecure with low financial literacy. I am none of those things. I’m closer to the opposite. I’m a journalist who had a weekly column in the “Business” section of the New York Times. I’ve written a personal-finance column for this magazine for the past seven years. I interview money experts all the time and take their advice seriously.
NEVER TAKE FINANCIAL ADVICE FROM WOMEN

>> No.57622492
File: 197 KB, 777x888, charlotte.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
Either a jew or some sort of jew-lover.

>> No.57622540

>It’s obvious that this article hit a nerve from the number of commenters insisting that this could never happen to them, lol.
>Guys: scammers wouldn’t do this if it never worked.
>I truly hope that you people calling the writer dumb are as smart as you think you are!
"actually you're only making fun of her because you're stupid and don't know how stupid you are, everyone on planet earth would fall for this bullet-proof scam"

>> No.57622726

>>57622387
The story sounds kinda fake

>> No.57622764

>>57622387
>NEVER TAKE FINANCIAL ADVICE FROM WOMEN
I generalize it to not taking advice from women, at all.

>> No.57622802

>>57622387
I used to see this and just think “lol dumb woman” but now I see it and think insurance fraud.
Probably just a dumb hole who was feeling emotional bc her pussy was bleeding realistically

>> No.57622814

>>57622387
>put 50k in a shoe box and gave it to someone
Did he literally fell for the troll “we put $10 each in box and make $20”?

>> No.57622823

>>57622814
No she fell for the scam version. Box trade is legitimate hack

>> No.57622842

>>57622387
Pretty dumb but $50k isn't a lot of money

>> No.57622873

>>57622823
Kek I read it
It was so fucking stupid
I almost fell for the “someone took $500 off your paypal call us if it wasn’t you” until I remembered that I don’t have $500 in there kek

>> No.57622886

>>57622842
For her? It absolutely was
I think it was most of her saving

>> No.57622913

>>57622842
>Calvin wanted to know how much money I currently had in my bank accounts. I told him that I had two — checking and savings — with a combined balance of a little over $80,000. As a freelancer in a volatile industry, I keep a sizable emergency fund, and I also set aside cash to pay my taxes at the end of the year, since they aren’t withheld from my paychecks.
>He asked me how much cash I thought I would need to support myself for a year if necessary. My assets could be frozen for up to two years if the investigation dragged on, he added. There could be a trial; I might need to testify. These things take time. “I don’t know, $50,000?” I said.
It is for her.

>> No.57622964
File: 132 KB, 1920x804, MV5BMzY2ZWQyNjktMzY0ZS00MmNhLTg4MmYtYTYyNWE5N2VjNjc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIwODk1NTQ@._V1_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
So some dude pulled the bill Paxton move from true lies where he pretends to be a CIA agent in order to seduce Jamie lee curtis?
Except this dude did it to snag $50k from the woman?
Topkek

>> No.57623050

For the illiterate and lazy, an abridged version of the scam is:
1) She gets a call "from Amazon customer service" where some lady with an accent tells her she's being scammed and transfers her to their "FTC liason".
2) The "FTC liason" then tells her someone is using her name to register a bunch of bank accounts and properties around the world and was involved in drug trafficking, and that she had warrants out for her arrest in Maryland and Texas. He asks her how much money she has in her bank accounts, she says $80k, then he transfers her to a CIA agent (lmao).
3) The CIA agent (another person with a noticeable accent) has to convince her that this isn't a scam. He tells her to go to the FTC homepage to look up their main phone number, then hangs up and calls her back on that number.
> The FTC number flashed on my screen, and I picked up. “How do I know you’re not just spoofing this?” I asked.
>“It’s a government number,” he said, almost indignant. “It cannot be spoofed.” I wasn’t sure if this was true and tried Googling it, but Michael was already onto his next point.
4) CIA Special Agent Michael tells her she can't tell anyone about this, including her husband and her attorney.
>“You are being investigated for major federal crimes,” he said. “By keeping your husband out of this, you are protecting him.” He then repeated the point Calvin had made about my phone and computer being hacked and monitored by the criminals who had stolen my identity.
>“If you talk to an attorney, I cannot help you anymore,” Michael said sternly. “You will be considered noncooperative. Your home will be raided, and your assets will be seized. You may be arrested. It’s your choice.”
5) She asks if she can visit his office, but he says there's no time and they need to act fast. Then he tells her that they're going to deactivate all her accounts, including her Social Security number, and she'd have to only use cash for possibly UP TO A YEAR.

>> No.57623104

>>57623050
was the accent... indian?

>> No.57623146

>>57623050
Why are woman so fucking retarded. How do they have the same rights as us?

>> No.57623149

>>57623050
6) This is when he asks how much cash she'd need for a year and she suggests $50k. He tells her to go withdraw it without telling the bank teller why. She goes and gets it, and is informed that she'll be meeting another agent outside her apartment at 5pm.
>It’s impossible to explain why I accepted this logic. But I had been given marching orders and a deadline.
>I was on high alert for anyone who might be following me. At one point, a man in sunglasses and a hoodie trailed me for a few blocks. At Michael’s suggestion, I ducked into a parking garage until he passed.
7) She asks to see his badge, so he sends her a picture of his CIA badge (again, lmao). Then she's told she'll be giving the cash to an undercover CIA agent, because the money she has is considered seized as part of the investigation, but they'll give her a treasury check for the same amount that will be considered "clean" (jesus christ lady).
>“Why can’t I just use this cash?” I asked. “Why do you have to take it and give me a check?”
>“Because all of your assets under your current identity are part of the investigation,” he said. “You are being charged with money laundering. If we secure this cash and then issue you a government check under your new Social Security number, that will be considered clean money.”
8) She does as she's told and gives a shoebox with $50k to some random guy parked outside her apartment. The guy on the phone says they'll give her the check tomorrow, and to stay on the line while they set up her appointment with the Social Security office. After waiting a bit and questioning some other lady she's been transferred to, she finally begins to realize what a rube she is and freaks out.
>>57623104
God I hope so.

>> No.57623159

>>57623149
>>57623050
I think most people would fall for this unless the accent is indian or latinx.

>> No.57623169

>>57623149
This is 10x worse than old people just not understanding technology. Literally the mind of a child

>> No.57623171

>>57623149
>you're being accused of money laundering
>now let me launder your money for you
Lmao

>> No.57623172

>>57623149
>>57622842
Two more hilarious details:
>Fifty thousand dollars is a lot of money. It took me years to save, stashing away a few thousand every time I got paid for a big project. Part of it was money I had received from my grandfather, an inheritance he took great pains to set up for his grandchildren before his death. Sometimes I imagine how I would have spent it if I had to get rid of it in a day. I could have paid for over a year’s worth of child care up front. I could have put it toward the master’s degree I’ve always wanted. I could have housed multiple families for months. Perhaps, inadvertently, I am; I occasionally wonder what the scammers did with it.
and
>When I did tell friends what had happened, it seemed like everyone had a horror story. One friend’s dad, a criminal-defense attorney, had been scammed out of $1.2 million. Another person I know, a real-estate developer, was duped into wiring $450,000 to someone posing as one of his contractors. Someone else knew a Wall Street executive who had been conned into draining her 401(k) by some guy she met at a bar.
Apparently everyone she knows is both rich and just as much of a fucking retard.
>>57623159
I think most people wouldn't even pick up the phone to talk to the accented Amazon customer service person, but they DEFINITELY wouldn't get to the point that they go to a bank, withdraw most of their savings, and then hand it to a complete stranger because of a phone conversation.

>> No.57623175 [DELETED] 
File: 232 KB, 1080x1080, MqSnAMYA2t.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623149
>lol imagine being retarded enough to get scammed out of $50k
- me a honey badger with a gigantic penis and no shame

>> No.57623190
File: 138 KB, 821x1070, The Mind of a Redditor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Psych drugs. Anti-anxiety drugs. Anti-depressants. If you want to understand why women seem to be doing stupider shit than usual. This is why. They have been turned into mindless zombies.

>> No.57623194
File: 38 KB, 612x250, MATH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
>FINANCIAL ADVICE

>> No.57623205
File: 61 KB, 634x402, MATH 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
>FROM WOMEN

>> No.57623237

> I could have housed multiple families for months. Perhaps, inadvertently, I am
God damn I shouldn't be laughing at that

>> No.57623247
File: 827 KB, 220x147, trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623237

>> No.57623249

>>57623194
>>57623205
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathie_Wood
>Her company has erased $14 billion in wealth over the last decade, making it the leading wealth destroyer among investment firms.
lmao hope nobody ever edits this out of her page

>> No.57623270

>>57623249
Holy fuck how is that even possibly considering the last 10+ years of a bullish market? Did she exclusively pick shit tier companies?

>> No.57623279

>>57623050
The lesson is never ever talk to anyone with an accent. You don't owe ANY fucking Indians any money.
Literally Sam Hyde, "CALL ME BACK WHEN YOU'RE AMERICAN!"
If you have a real problem, a white person will be telling you.

Remember it is NOT illegal to say nigger on the phone, it is NOT illegal to swear and curse at and demean anybody for any reason. So do that until you're speaking with a real person.

>> No.57623285

>for every person calling out this woman as naive; know that there are more than a few people who learned something from this article and the comments. Thanks for sharing this experience.

>I spent 4 years in an abusive relationship in my early twenties. I’d always thought of myself as a feminist and when I saw others in bad relationships thought, I’d never fall for that! The first time he said something to me that should have made me walk away, I instead excused it. And then - 4 years, gone.
>Sure, we all know how to avoid scams. But maybe the author was distracted when she got the call, maybe she hadn’t slept the night before. She’s a freelancer — she might answer calls in case it’s a source or a new client. Once she’d answered and accepted the initial premise - we know what happened next.
>We all want to think we’re so strong and smart we wouldn’t fall for something like this. When I finally ended my relationship I realized the depth of the abuse. I felt stupid for being with my ex for so long. Now I try to have compassion for my past self. It really is true that this could happen to anyone.

>> No.57623292
File: 1.42 MB, 1438x1080, 1682549754462002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
>Did I know someone named Stella Suk-Yee Kwong?
my sides are in orbit

>> No.57623301

>>57622387
holy shit great read. absolute comedy.

>> No.57623308

>>57623292
Lmao I didn't even catch that. In reading it again and I genuinely am thinking this article is some dark satiric comedy.

>> No.57623314

>>57623050
>amazon connects you to cia
Holy kek
>if you talk to attorney, I can’t help you anymore, since you are considered uncooperative
Holy kek
And she was educated???
>>57623149
How the fuck? Why would “CIA” of all places try to help YOU rando lady, instead of “seizing your assets”
Kek how stupid
>>57623159
Nah
The whole “if you get a lawyer you are considered to be uncooperative” is against the fucking law kek
If she was educated she she should have know this
I bet she was tried from juggling new baby and work, didn’t have enough sex, nor sleep and was stressed and couldn’t think right

>>57623190
And also this
>>57623172
Wait what? 50k? A lot of saving? Part of it was his super boomer grand dad SAVING for his grandkids?
WTF
What did they do with all their cash?!??

>> No.57623368
File: 181 KB, 1234x1266, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>If this exact scam hadn't almost happened to someone I know (highly educated millennial professional) I would also have been skeptical about how this unfolded.
>The people commenting that this person was dumb or naive clearly didn't read the entire article and have no idea how gullible they themselves might be in a similar scenario. The writer clearly explains that she challenged/questioned the scammers' legitimacy plenty of times throughout, but the scammers had reasonable enough answers at every step of the way. This kind of fraud happens through a slow breakdown of reality and mounting panic that you and your family might be in danger. These people are consummate professionals. Things that seem obvious in hindsight do not always seem so when you believe you have ticking seconds to remedy a terrible situation.

>This almost happened to two of the smartest people I know. It killed any illusion I had of safety.
>To the other commentators: it's comforting to tell yourself that stories this terrifying could never happen to you. That instinct puts you in danger.
>To the author: I never comment on anything online ever, but I wanted to thank you for sharing your story, knowing exactly what the comments section would look like. That was incredibly brave and thoughtful.
>One day doesn't define you, your intelligence, your career, or your value.

>The fact that she was able to save up over 50K in emergency funds actually shows she is very good with money. She was brainwashed and manipulated by a highly skilled con artist and acted out of FEAR. I am grateful that she shared her story, which could help someone else avoid losing their money in a similar fashion.

>>57623270
picrel
>>57623292
>excuse me ma'am, do you know someone named Amanda Hugginkiss? how about Hugh Jass?

>> No.57623373

>>57623314
I'd you didn't make it by the time you had kids, you can pretty much put a pause on making it for at least 20 years. Child care is almost as much as a second mortgage. That's why they don't have a ton of money. Plus, you know, not great paying jobs but living in one of the most expensive cities.

>> No.57623408
File: 9 KB, 484x561, 7qp18n.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623172
Are modern day rich liberal elite all retarded. Incel chuds would never get scammed like this because we don't trust Indians.

>> No.57623422

>>57623408
There not rich. Husband worked at a non profit and she's a journalist. They're probably paid fairly well but not rich.

>> No.57623455

>>57623373
Bull fucking shit
We are talking about boomer times , shit was cheap back then and also people were more resourceful
One example: dipers. My parents didn’t put a diaper on me 24/7, and wading money. Instead they just made me wear some cheap pants, and then washed it every time I made peepee poopoo
Now a days? Everyone NEEED to have diapers for their kids
And I get it. Dippers alone won’t be enough to keep your bank account filled but it’s a step
Oh and you don’t wanna do what happens to my grand dad with his first “paycheck”
No zoomer will do the thing he did
They would just give up

>> No.57623457
File: 100 KB, 913x510, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This is such a generous, courageous, visceral piece of writing. Charlotte, I’ve loved reading your work for a long time. I’m deeply sorry this happened to you and this really could have happened to any of us. I hope this is read and shared as widely as possible. Thank you for writing so bravely.

>this would never happen to me. if a amazon cia calls and says i got warrants and drug money in my bank account, im not giving no 50k im putting a BULLET in my brain immediately no questions asked, its a wrap. we had a good run but when that call comes thru u know your shit is cooked. syanara bye bye my ass is not going back to jail
lmao

>This was a horrifying and fascinating article to read, but not exactly surprising. I worked in magazines for years, and let's say Charlotte had a ... reputation in journalism circles. To put it succinctly, she lacked a bullshit detector. Like, news flash: sources lie, spin, and obfuscate, and ya gotta be rigorous and relentless in substantiating claims. How she fashioned herself into a trusted financial journalist is mystifying. Maybe that will change now?
I don't know if I believe this guy, but I do know that I wouldn't give him a shoebox filled with $50k if he asked.

>Honestly just goes to show you how far writers will go to do literally anything other than writing some days.

>Phew the comment section is astounding - did you learn nothing from the article? Anyone can be bested. I'm glad the author is recovering the best they can.

>This is seriously one of the most embarrassing things I think I've ever read in my life.

>>57623408
incel chuds would never get scammed because the scammer would hang up after they told them how much they currently have in their bank accounts.

>> No.57623507

>>57623455
I was talking about the woman in the article. Meds. Take them.

>> No.57623508

>>57623194
Either she failed miserable to communicate her thinking or her thinking was just nonsense.
Regardless, what is fascinating is her use of words/phrases, "claim of scarcity", "lack of dilution", "hedge against inflation/debasement". It all fits together, like chatGPT guessing the next word and if you didn't think about what was you where reading, it would probably pass as an intelligent question.

From my point of view, all thoughts can be communicated without specific jargon, words like dilution or debasement is just abbreviation for a quick description of what the word means; somewhere along the line the language of abbreviations became a language of itself detached from the underlying meaning, like a Potemkin village of meaning, which is in many cases indistinguishable from actual sense making.

>> No.57623515

I only read half of the article but this shit is more common than you think, these guys are pros and can put you in a situation where you feel very nervous about possibly being in danger or having made a mistake or whatever.

I had a call that almost made me fall for it. I had not done my taxes in 2017 (first year in the US) because I had no idea how to do it, and just didn't. In 2018 I was kinda worried about it and I got a random call from "the IRS" about incorrect tax information, and they knew my name and other small stuff, so I started shitting bricks. Then they started telling me that I owed some big amount, asking how much I had in the bank (which I stupidly answered), and being aggresive in general. At some point they said they'd take my car and house, which I don't have, so I was like: what a fucking minute, tell me my middle name? tell me my SSN? And so I called their bluff. I told them to fuck off and they told me they were sending the cops my way, which of course never came.

It's retarded if you look at it from the outside, but it's honestly not obvious when you're in that situation, especially since many legit calls have a similar setup. Anyway, stay vigilant anons.

>> No.57623527
File: 427 KB, 460x664, Screenshot 2024-02-15 173018.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623050
>>“If you talk to an attorney, I cannot help you anymore,” Michael said sternly. “You will be considered noncooperative. Your home will be raided, and your assets will be seized. You may be arrested. It’s your choice.”
I could see sheepish naive women falling for everything before this, but lmao.

>> No.57623547
File: 22 KB, 512x512, 1M4xN2WHRe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623508
listen you little rat prick if you dont shut your mouth i'm gunna go dilatant all over your debasement in your face i have 12 honey badger tokens so i don't give a dang and i will have sex with your dad and then your sister

>> No.57623607

>>57623515
I assume every phone call I get is a scam. Every single one, unless it's close family or friends.

>> No.57623617

>>57623607
As you should. I happened to be a expecting a call from a consulate at that exact moment, so I picked up, and they got me hooked since I just happened to be worried about the IRS too.

>> No.57623628
File: 145 KB, 567x521, qeuksvqvf7t71.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thank you! Come again!

>> No.57623637
File: 64 KB, 317x299, NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER_1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623515
>First year in the US
You have to go back

>> No.57623641

>>57623637
I make more money than you, so I won't. Maybe when I reach 5 million I'll retire somewhere else.

>> No.57623749

>>57623641
You don't, plus you're brown
lmao

>> No.57623790

>>57623194
This is how dog coin investora thinks tho

>> No.57624056

>>57623607
I dont even answer calls if they are not in my contact. ironically I have to thank all the robocalls the last few years for that.

>> No.57625268
File: 66 KB, 640x649, 9ffa5e6b327eaacf67968fae669eb2a76454b0e8e0409015656dbea8d3c0253f_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
I would have hung up on a scam like this in seconds; but now im fantasizing about letting it play out and shitting in the shoe box and putting it in some scammers car.

>> No.57625279
File: 25 KB, 474x473, 1706638972415199.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
>single, lonely, and economically insecure with low financial literacy. I am none of those things. I’m closer to the opposite. I’m a journalist who had a weekly column in the “Business” section of the New York Times

>> No.57625294

>>57622726
This was my first impression. But the shoe box detail proves it's authenticity.
Personally, the stranger would have to pry the shoe box from my cold, dead hands. But that's just me.

>> No.57625328

my buddy's wife got hit with the fake IRS call while he was overseas so she just paid that bitch like a bill and never questioned it

>> No.57625573

Everyone in this thread is under investigation, but if each of you sends $1.00 in Rupees to my village, you won't be sorry, sirs.

>> No.57625588

>>57623508
We are, if not the same person, hivemind neighbors.

>> No.57625607

>>57625268
based box shitter

>> No.57625653

>>57623175
you need to stop pedoposting you fucking badger faggot.

>> No.57625847
File: 13 KB, 512x512, V0OdYSlcSx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57625653
hey anon if you're gonna tell me how to run my life you better put some respect on my motherfukn name the only way i'm stopping is if they put me 6 feet under because that's the only place i can get a break from your constant nagging you don't even live in that neighborhood anymore so i really d g a f (don't give a fuck) if you have a problem with my habits

>> No.57625924

>>57622387
>I am going to help you keep your money safe.” He said that he would transfer me to his colleague at the CIA who was the lead investigator on my case and gave me a nine-digit case number for my records. (I Googled the number. Nothing.)
What a fucking retard.

>> No.57625973

>>57623237
donating directly to immigrant families has gotten fairly popular in the last few years, it's usually done through church, nonprofit or school-related groups (rich white parents will cover immigrant parents' expenses etc)
t. work in an adjacent field

>> No.57625991

>>57623308
Our entire civilization has become a dark satirical comedy.

>> No.57626005

>>57623171
right, she 100% gave up the pussy too

>> No.57626024

>>57625973
WTF is literally wrong with these people
Homeless, poverty, lack of jobs, and all they care about is “muh immigrants”
Jesus fucking Christ, deliver us from white-guilt parasite

>> No.57626042

I got scammed out of $40 once.

I almost felt like I'd been hypnotized. I used to get drunk way too much and make a lot of friends around a local bar, so it was normal for people to know me but me not to recognize them. Well one guy starts acting like he knows me really well and I went along with it. He starts talking to me like we're really close for like 30 minutes and I'm kind of trying to remember him. Finally he says something about how he's gonna go get some more beer for us and he needs some cash and I gave it to him. I was only 18 years old then. The moment he walked off it fucking hit me and I realized I would never see that motherfucker again.

>> No.57626191
File: 5 KB, 520x38, Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 00-48-28 How I Got Scammed Out of $50 000.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.57626200

>>57623104
>>57623159
This. Fucking kek, every single fucking person she talked to had "an accent" that she "couldn't identify"
SO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. I hope she never gets that fucking money back. KWAB

>> No.57626251

>>57623159
>latinx

Get the fuck outta here with that faggot made up word. It's Latino or latina. There isn't latinx in Spanish, you tranny.

>> No.57626269

Some basic racism would have saved this woman a lot of trouble.

>> No.57626385
File: 78 KB, 598x480, 4cf4060b-da6a-41a6-8d72-c45608a4e7a0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was scammed on runescape twice.
But then again I was a kid.

I couldn't imagine being dumb enough to be scammed as an adult though even on runescape kek

>> No.57626387

>>57626191
KEKKKKKK
Like what did she accept?
>it’s ok ma’am they won’t be back to rape you a second time

>> No.57626403
File: 115 KB, 640x865, latinx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57626251

>> No.57626404

>>57626269
many such cases

>> No.57626406

>>57626387
>*expect
God damn
I feel like a jeet

>> No.57626418

>>57626403
Jews didn’t make that one up though
It was a genuine latinx making that term
Latinx always say the same shit that “nooo a white clueless person made it up” but it’s completely false.
It was one of their own and they should accept it.
Some phlipinx also coined the term philipnx too

>> No.57626420 [DELETED] 
File: 19 KB, 512x512, kEhiGA0872.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57626406
hey guys i was thinking recently after reading a lot of threads like this one and also just generally thinking in my own time i really agree with what you're saying honey badger erc is definitely going to make a big comeback and 10x in the next month what do you think about this guy with the small dick i think small dicks are gross af and i hate anyone with one like wtf dude get a honey badger token already and do some kegels

>> No.57626545

>>57623159
>>57626251
>>57626403
>>57626418
If it was really about inclusivity they would use the more natural sounding "Latine" which is a word that already exists.
Latinx being used non-ironically is all about signalling your ideological commitment to sound like a retard.

>> No.57626559

>>57626545
It is
I don’t deny it
Also using “Latine” is already compromising and as you must have noticed when dealing with ideological left, “compromise” means delayed permanent loss. They will never stop
You either say “stop it, say Latina or Latino, or go fuck yoursef” or you might as well start saying latinx, because latine is just as bad and will eventually lead to latinx anyway

>> No.57626623

>>57623508
>Potemkin village of meaning
You're on to something and that's a solid stab at the pattern, but in PV the ruse was intentional. Most people have no clue what they're doing is retarded. This ritual imitation of knowledge without understanding is commonly called "cargo cult". It's fucking everywhere. More than half of business is cargo culting and it causes an incredible amount of waste. Most humans LOVE ritual and despise doing the work to actually understand. If you're a bit clever, you can use this fact to pretend to be one of them, but eternally just the littlest bit ahead of the curve. Don't dump actual knowledge though or you'll just get ignored. Push easy answers. You'll know they're wrong. They might even find out they're wrong. It doesn't actually matter. Just give them some one win in ten and confirmation bias will take care of you.

Normies are no better than livestock. Treat them as such.

>> No.57626638

>>57622387
All women are useless

>> No.57626657

>>57622387
In fairness to her that's not a scam, it's just a robbery. More creative and premeditated than most.

>> No.57626677

>>57626418
>Some phlipinx also coined the term philipnx too
kek

>> No.57626688

>>57626418
>It was a genuine latinx making that term
Then they're retarded as latine exists.

>> No.57626695 [DELETED] 
File: 16 KB, 512x512, FTTRGikHmk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57626677
i have a huge honey badger dong and i bet you don't

>> No.57626800

>>57623159
Not really. You know why? Because I don't answer the phone if the number on the screen isn't part of my registered contacts.
I don't really understand why no more people are like me.

>> No.57627018

>>57622387
same reason people who you'd never thought would suddenly inject themselves experimental mRNA vaccines, you never know what kind of person you are, until you find out.

>> No.57627059

>>57627018
>i will make this about vaccines
2 more weeks for the white deer right anon?
these muggles dont know what a pureblood is KEK

>> No.57627178

>>57627059
you don't need to be a moron for injecting poison, you are already a moron for having injected something you don't understand, and something you signed a waiver relieving the medical establishment of any responsibilities. you are a moron, anon. good luck with whatever they injected into your bloodstream.

>> No.57627193

>>57622387
>It had occurred to me that the whole story might be made up or an elaborate mistake. But no one had asked me for money or told me to buy crypto
ohhhso nobody asked to to buy crypto? cause we all know crypto is a LE BAD scam, right? fucking dumb nut deserves every penny being relieved off.

>> No.57627281

Fucking incredible article, thanks for sharing OP.

>>57622886
>>57622913
>>57623314
>>57623422
Some people in the comments are claiming that she is actually old money, lives in an inherited $4m house, and has plenty of family money to fall back on. I choose to believe.

>> No.57627288

>>57626385
kek i got scammed a lot as a kid in mmos. better to learn early. no consequences too

>> No.57627299

>>57623050
>For the illiterate and lazy
nigger it's a 6000 word essay about a stupid person getting duped at some point you just have to get the tldr

>> No.57627300

>>57626418
They should call them philipenors

>> No.57627302

>>57623368
>she is very good with money
The scammer told her not to warn the police or a lawyer IN THE BEGINNING OF THE PHONE CALL.

She doesn't even have the excuse of "I wasn't thinking straight after being on the phone for hours". This happened at the beginning of the fucking call. And she was too retarded to realize that only a scammer would tell you to not warn the police or a lawyer. That shit is obviously illegal everywhere.

>> No.57627319

>>57623149
the smart money says she's a strong independent pajeeta getting paid to be a minority, who fell for the accents because she's a vaisya who does what the kshatriyas say.

now, we all know /biz/ deserves that money, but we're too lightskin to run a scam for it. bros I think we need to start a business selling skin lightening products

>> No.57627406

>>57622387
I mean remember when Jim Browning the expert scam baiter got scammed from a message saying "bloody bastard sir please to be deleting your channel bitch sir"

>> No.57627474

>>57623457
>>this would never happen to me. if a amazon cia calls and says i got warrants and drug money in my bank account, im not giving no 50k im putting a BULLET in my brain immediately no questions asked, its a wrap. we had a good run but when that call comes thru u know your shit is cooked. syanara bye bye my ass is not going back to jail
Fucking kek

>> No.57627501
File: 302 KB, 499x516, 1678901706130249.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623368
>These people are consummate professionals.

>> No.57627552

>>57626042
That is what happens to normal people. You get scammed out of an insignificant amount when you're young and dumb, and it teaches you a lesson. You don't give $50k in cash to Amazon CIA.

>> No.57628743

>>57623159
>I think most people would fall for this unless the accent is indian or latinx.
i would be suspicious more if the customer service rep from amazon wasnt a jeet or hispanic desu.

>> No.57628874

>voted for obama and biden
>went to the pussy hat protest
>comes from a wealthy family with some connection to the Roosevelt's

she deserved it

>> No.57628908

>>57625294
I don't know. It really does sound like the financial version of a fear based anti-marijuana cautionary tale. "It could happen to yooooou!" That said, the people who are most convinced they're immune to being scammed because they're too smart tend to make the best marks. Bernie Madoff wasn't ripping off little old ladies. The people who are convinced they're the smartest person in the room tend to fall for all kinds of shit.

>> No.57628924

HELLO MA'AM THIS IS THE CIA MA'AM

>> No.57629169

>>57628874
>comes from wealthy family
>part of that 50k was all saving of her grandfather for his grandkids
Not adding up

>> No.57629326

I'm beginning to think this was fake and there will be a Sokol "haha you dupes" in a week or two

>> No.57629488

>>57622387
>Oh my God,” I said, my hands tingling. “You are lying to me. Michael was lying. You just took my money and I’m never getting it back.” That wasn’t true, the woman said. She understood that I was upset. She was sorry. Everything would be fine. “You’re a fucking liar,” I hissed, and hung up.

I can relate to this. Had moments like this before, sucks when the person keeps lying unitl the very end

>> No.57629510

>>57625294
>>57628908
No bank I know of would let you withdraw 50k cash. I cant even get 8k cash out of mine, I would need to get a bank draft. She didnt mention any questions from the bank teller or anything so I'm not inclined to believe it.

>> No.57629561

>>57629510
She definitely has way more than $50k with the bank, which also explains why her husband is so seemingly chill about the whole thing.

>> No.57629589

>>57623515
>especially since many legit calls have a similar setup
No. Government never calls

>> No.57629652

>>57629589
The government is nice enough to send you an armed escort to sort things out in a nice courthouse. And anyone who prevents this will be executed.
Jeets don't have that courtesy.

>> No.57629675

>>57628924
Fucking lmao

>> No.57629691

I paid a hooker 1k once

>> No.57629693

This story has to be fake. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to risk $50,000 by placing money in a shoebox.

>> No.57629707

1k is too much for a hooker. Just get good at your rizz game.

>> No.57629720

hard to haggle with a hooker when ur getting a bj
and drunk

>> No.57629734

From the comments
>Someone needs to set this straight so here we go. The Cowles family are the wealthy patrician family of the town where Miss Porter's is. Their name is splattered all over campus. They have noble ancestors, including a U.S. Navy Admiral who married Teddy Roosevelt's sister. And if you call him "Teddy" they will correct you to call him "Theodore." They are instilled with a sense of familial destiny, and keep trying to live up to their ancestors. The author's father tried to get into politics, the brother into the Olympics. Now this. It's fine to work toward great things, but this is an abuse of power. This piece is not about financial or cyber security, it's about fame. The author never faced total ruin, nor is $50K a lot of money for her, which makes the story completely bogus as a cautionary tale. It would be mean to explain all of this, except that ordinary people don't deserve to be used cynically as a vehicle for a wealthy person's fame.

Miss Porter's is apparently a fancy prep school.

Also I'm enjoying all the comments roasting her for having $80k in a checking account instead of invested. Shoulda bought BTC with that.

>> No.57629736

>>57629561
>>57629510
Yeah somethings fuckey here, no bank is going to let you casually withdraw $50K in cash. Even rich people would do some other form.

Also
>Amazon CIA
There’s a schizo joke in here somewhere

>> No.57629918

>>57623607
this right here is the only way to stay scam free. Everything you hear is bullshit until provent true. It takes a certain level of rationality to be this skeptical though.

>> No.57630272
File: 79 KB, 672x1012, file.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57629734
Seems completely believable that some silver spoon dipshit would be the type of person to have their own financial advice column despite being this much of a complete rube.

>> No.57630585

>>57623205
kek my gf is a math major, great at it. yet, I still have to do anything financial, womanbrain doesn't get it

>> No.57630660
File: 543 KB, 778x915, yukon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Imagine playing along with the scammer over the phone and then when the guy shows up to take your money you shoot him in the face and let the person on the phone hear his dying screams.

>> No.57630981

>Sometimes I imagine how I would have spent it if I had to get rid of it in a day. I could have paid for over a year’s worth of child care up front. I could have put it toward the master’s degree I’ve always wanted. I could have housed multiple families for months.
Kek man is it bad that this shit is hilarious. Fucking journalist. Also how she casually admits her savings were just inheritance. Fucking dumbass
>dis is da fbeyes send us 50k

>> No.57631029
File: 1.58 MB, 320x180, 1700131735148040.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623050
Don't forget the proof was they texted her pictures of drugs and money and a CIA badge kek
They were gonna freeze her SSN and give her back the 50k in clean money on her new SSN

>> No.57631032

>>57626251
Every time I read it I assume it's being used sardonically.

>> No.57631051

>>57629510
I worked at a bank. We absolutely would be let people withdraw 50k cash. 10k is the magic number where money laundering forms come into play. That being said, they would've met with a bank officer and we had the right to refuse. We had a lady that was trying to take out 20k to send to some jeet love scammer that we declined and the officer had to explain the scam, which the lady didn't believe. Kek
But yeah I mean I withdrew 20k-ish for a guy buying a truck one time. 20k might as well be 50k when it comes to bank policy.

>> No.57631127

>>57631051
She needed that $50,000 to buy Google play giftcards so the CIA would give her a break, and you bankchuds wouldn't even give her her own money.

>> No.57631176
File: 83 KB, 256x350, IMG_6033.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
>Scam victims tend to be single, lonely, and economically insecure with low financial literacy. I am none of those things. I’m closer to the opposite. I’m a journalist who had a weekly column in the “Business” section of the New York Times. I’ve written a personal-finance column for this magazine for the past seven years. I interview money experts all the time and take their advice seriously.
It's impossible, i must be smart. I do le smart things.

This is like the stereotypical smarmy liberal reddit mentality. These people never once doubted their own intelligence and it shows.

>> No.57631200

>madam you have been hax0r3d
>withdrawal all money in cash and put in box
>we will send some guy to pick it up from you. thank you for the needful

>she does it

holy shit. honestly i don't believe anyone working for liberal media is even of average intelligence.

>> No.57631785

>>57626418
>philipinx
How do I pronounce that? Filipinks? Is it the same with Latinx, do I say it like “Latinks”?

>> No.57631870

>>57626800
I do this too and say that aswell

>> No.57631954

>>57631870
>Sometimes I imagine how I would have spent it if I had to get rid of it in a day. I could have paid for over a year’s worth of child care up front
She paying FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS and child care. They're employing a full time nanny or what?
Also
>I dressed my toddler in a pizza costume for Halloween
Shes calling a kid old enough to go trick or treating a toddler and dresses him up as literal cheesepizza. lmao

>> No.57632065

>>57631176
Yeah its interesting how these smug midwits are so convinced of their own high intelligence. The power of delusional thinking, and maybe never being in an environment where they met actually intelligent people and received the humbling they sorely needed

>> No.57632077
File: 326 KB, 850x638, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

easiest way to avoid scammers is just be lazy as fuck
if anyone tries to rush you to do anything just hang up and ignore them, refuse to participate or do anything, the lazier you are the more will avoid scammers. all scams work by getting you to rush and panic. refuse to care or do anything in a timely manner

>> No.57632187

>>57632077
"I Prefer Not To" is a great way to avoid tragedy

>> No.57632621

I wonder if here networth is really so low or if it's just to make herself seem more sympathetic. But then again with
>50k child care
>60k rent in their urban hellhole
>30k food, eating out, and whatever supplements they need in their smoothies
>20k other child expenses
>10k clothing and various accessories
>5k for their one holyday a year
>10k various other expenses
They could pull in 200k a year and only have $15k to put into their savings accounts.
On the other hand, it would be pretty retarded to keep everything in $, especially for a "financial advice columnist". Maybe she's conveniently not telling about her 500k in other assets, so that it sounds like they robbed a mother of most of her money, instead draining her liquid finances a bit.
Nevertheless, pretty elaborate set up. I wonder how many people are involved in that and how much they make.

>> No.57632725

>>57632621
iirc the gap is that they inherited a _very_ nice house, even by NYC standards. so probably 60k for property taxes and upkeep instead of rent. but they have enough wealth to check out of work entirely if they wanted to make small sacrifices.

>> No.57632884

>>57632725
She's old money, no way she doesn't also have a trust fund

>> No.57632940

>>57622387
of course it was a woman
if you're married, never let your wife have access to your money to prevent this

>> No.57632997
File: 72 KB, 400x386, 1667833138039332.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623050
>CIA Special Agent Michael

>> No.57633222

>>57632997
>last name? Michaels

>> No.57634435
File: 598 KB, 1359x763, Макс на аснове.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>don't answer unsolicited phone calls
>don't get scammed
>????
>PROFIT

god damn some people are regarded

>> No.57634550

>>57632187
take the Bartleby the Scrivener pill

>> No.57634564

>>57629736
i mean it's not really a joke, AWS is one of the biggest service providers for the CIA

>> No.57634710

>>57629169
>50k per grandkid, which could easily add up to like 500k
>rest of the huge estate goes to his actual children, or his still living wife
What do you not grt

>> No.57634816

>>57622387

It's always women that fall for this shit, because scammers like this know how to play on people's emotions and don't give them time to stop and think about how stupid what they're doing is.

>> No.57635225

>>57623149
>FINANCIAL ADVICE COLUMNIST
>FINANCIAL
>ADVICE
>COLUMNIST

these are the people writing mainstream news, absolute fucking braindead retarded idiots

>> No.57635235

>>57633222
Scarn

>> No.57635295

>>57623279
>Literally Sam Hyde, "CALL ME BACK WHEN YOU'RE AMERICAN!"
kek
If you really want to make them mad just point out their accent and how they aren't white
They don't like that

>> No.57635721

>>57623169

I work with a woman, I watched her get scammed out of $20k last October **while we were at work** on a scam call, they did the same 'spoof the number' move and did a good-cop/bad-cop split to convince my coworker to wire $20k out of an account. Tried to interject by saying that's now how banks work, got hand-waved off. Like this retarded woman in the OP, she realizes almost immediately after sending the money that she is retarded and got scammed.

This coworker more recently (couple of weeks ago) told me about a woman, boomer lady in her 70s, that she previously worked with. Both of these women were cordial with former football player and current TV personality, Michael Strahan.

This woman got scammed for $2,000,000 on literally the shittiest jeet scam I have ever seen (showed me copies of the written and email/text correspondence)

They were posing as TV producers and directors, in the least convincing and most street-shitting manner possible. I'm talking about emails sent to this woman that were purported to be from the head of ABC (the tv network) with emails signed in 72-point bold font "SIGNED, THE DIRECTOR". Used the standard DARVO tactics that apparently work like a goddamn charm. Woman reverse mortgaged her house thinking she was SINGLE-HANDEDLY FUNDING A BROADCAST TELEVISION SHOW

Women are truly retarded

>> No.57636029

>>57623641

You make more money and are also more of an easily manipulated retard; by your own admission, the likelihood of you reaching that number and holding onto it is low.

>> No.57636102

>>57623050
this is kitboga redeem-tier cmon lady you're just a dumbass

>> No.57636237

Highly suggest people simply set up their dialer to block unknown numbers. If you're not in my contacts I don't want to talk to you.

>> No.57636392

>>57623050
If everything else wasn't clearly bullshit, not being able to speak to an attorney that is your RIGHT read to you should be the nail in the coffin. There were red flags at every step and she chose to ignore them. Either this is bait, or she had a narcissist parent that gaslit every thing she has ever done in her life.

>> No.57636696

I sure hope nobody goes along with the scam long enough for the guy to meet you and take the box only for the person going along with it to do some good in the world at the last second instead.
Personally I don't think it would even get solved.

>> No.57637047

>>57636237
100%, either you're in my contacts and I know you or you're leaving a voicemail (or you're fucking off).

>> No.57637920

>>57636696
question is how do all the scam team members not get scammed by the guy in the car keeping the money for himself?

>> No.57637959

>>57623249
>>57623270
Cathie Wood is /biz/. She buys high and sells low.

>> No.57637978

>>57636102
>this is kitboga redeem-tier cmon lady you're just a dumbass
The funniest part about that is he's mostly playing an old chick but I'd be willing to bet it's young people who fall for this crap more than the old

>> No.57638030

>>57623279
>Literally Sam Hyde, "CALL ME BACK WHEN YOU'RE AMERICAN!"

holy fucking kek, please link me the video where he says this

>> No.57638052
File: 220 KB, 512x512, fact santa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623285
>i was in an abusive relationship
this cope always makes me laugh. 9 times out of 10, that's code for the following situation:
>woman has a good relationship with a guy she's been dating since she was young
>she goes to college or moves to a big city and makes friends with a bunch of roasties
>they are subconsciously jealous of her relationship and start trying to break it up. This behavior is evolutionary hard-coded into women's brains.
>she finally gets convinced and breaks up with him
>years later she is a single depressed roastie like her friends, and doesn't know how to cope with her mistake
>so she rationalizes it by remembering or inventing a few instances where her ex was mean, and strikes upon the novel cope that it was an abusive relationship
it's a little bit funny but mostly just sad. A woman's worst enemy is a single female friend

>> No.57638060

>>57623373
as a woman, if you have kids and and a husband, you already made it. Be a stay at home mom, even if you have to be really frugal.

>> No.57638083
File: 335 KB, 1824x1368, ThisIsFinancialAdvice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
https://www.kcrw.com/culture/shows/life-examined/mental-health-care-therapist-business-insurance-stigma/charlotte-cowles-how-to-find-therapist-first-time-depression
Fucking kek

>> No.57638086

>>57638052
Idk a know a woman right now whose ex stole her car and hit her allegedly and shes in a womans refuge right now with 3 kids

>> No.57638089

>>57636392
the red flag is amazon support having anything to do with managing federal crimes lmfao

>> No.57638141
File: 302 KB, 2280x1080, 20240217_094030.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57627552
>>57629736

>> No.57638155

>>57626800
You never saw that one jim carrey movie where he says yes to everything?

>> No.57638210

>>57635225
>step 1: inherit all your money from your rich grandpappy
It's just that easy. Seriously though, I think she may not be as smart as she thinks.

>> No.57638218

>>57623050
HELLO IM CIA MAAM DO NOT REDEEM A LAWYER.

>> No.57638235

>>57638155
They'd never make a movie where that character is a woman.

>> No.57638254

>>57626559
Latine is too close to latrine.

>> No.57638263

a lot of vitriol from people that buy tokens from companies on the cayman islands

>> No.57638266

Topkek she redeemed
I recognize the scam from Kitboga's videos
She totally got pajeeted
Good on them, fuck Jew York time kikes

>> No.57638281

>>57638083
Jesus Christ she's hideous as well as stupid. Imagine having to fuck this thing after it threw away $50k.

>> No.57638801

>>57636029
>>57635721
If I recall correctly many people in the U.S were falling for the basic nigerian prince tier scams in the early 2000's so it could just be that the rapid advance of technology made it difficult for a lot of usually rational individuals to understand the dangers of online/tele scams

>> No.57638812

>>57631051
Do you work at a large institution or a credit union type place?

>> No.57638900

>>57638083
>Ugly
>Dumb
>jewish

fucking hell...

>> No.57638924

>>57623050
>>57623149
This is the result of woke mind-virus
Most people would immediately get skeptical when a ""cia-agent""" has a pajeet accent, but this woman has trained her mind to think "brown people = good" for years

>> No.57638954

>>57638924
She's probably just a retarded woman but that's a nice theory

>> No.57638970

>>57623159
You can say poos and spics here

>> No.57639167

I believe she did it on purpose so she could write an article about it.

>> No.57639194

>>57629720
>>57629691
that's an awfully expensive blowjob my man

>> No.57639429
File: 363 KB, 2048x2000, 1532414574813.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I had a backpacker come to my door and he tried to get my mum to sign up to spend $30 on some Cerebral Palsy thing. Cash donations or something are banned in Australia now so it has to be credit or something. When I saw him at the door with my mum I was staring at him because I didn't know who the f he was and even though I was obviously suspicious of him, I still feel played.

He said he was from the Cerebral Palsy x thing from x building in the suburb over, I said I didn't know it and he said "oh you don't know it?" -- like why the FUCK would I know about or care about some gay charity for tards? And then I walked past my door again and then he said "I think we started off on the wrong foot" and brought out his hand to shook it and I did and feel like an absolute chump for doing so. Still makes me mad. Fucking faggot tourist. I also have to make sure my mum cancels after the first payment, she said she would do one payment and thats it but I'll have to chase it up with her.

Do not give these people anything. I've also been getting real estate people come by and ask if we are selling our house. Next time I'll tell them not to come by again, I've been too NICE with these cunts who don't deserve it

>> No.57639509

pretty sure every bank and w/e warns you they aren't going to be cold calling you and asking you personal info

>> No.57639656

>>57638900
Ugly, dumb and jewish is no way to go through life, son.

>> No.57639927

>>57638089
That would require a midwit IQ because it takes deductive reasoning to know a federal agency would not involve unrelated wagies with sensitive information. Still, you can question if an Amazon higher up would contact you if the accusations included funds stolen from the company, despite the fact you would probably speak to someone federal first. "You aren't allowed an attorney that is your basic right you were taught in elementary and saw on TV repeatedly" would even tip off an 85 IQ spic or nog though.

>> No.57640146

>>57623050
>>57623149
Thank you anon. I tried reading the full article but only got halfway

>"Like omg, this was taking me all day, I had already pushed back a deadline and had to cancel two work calls"

Bitch! STFU and get to the point!

>> No.57640173

>>57638281
this is the type of "educated and attractive" woman c*ty dwellers are always raving about

>> No.57640647

>>57638801
It's a numbers game. They will call thousands, it's not farfetched to think that 0.01% of people will fall for it and give up some amount of money.

Also, I read some time ago that the Nigerian prince scam, and others, are redacted in a way that makes them clearly look stupid *intentionally* since it weeds out a big part of those with a brain, and only the gullible idiots reply. If you send a legit-looking scam email to millions, you'll get >100k replies, which you cannot manage, but if you send a crappy email only the dumbest of the dumb reply.

>> No.57640870

>>57623159
I wouldn't.
If you haven't done anything wrong then the government can go fuck themselves. If you take my money then I'll see you in court and have your fucking trousers off you.

>> No.57641332

>>57637920
He's just some uber faggot with instructions to pick up and deliver a box.

>> No.57641791

>>57623515
rule of thumb: if someone tries to catch your attention in public, over the phone or at your door then they are a scammer. letter in the mail is the only way you should be receiving important information

>> No.57641805

nigger sold 60 bucks and a ps3 controller from under my nose once and now i dont trust anyone i dont know

>> No.57641956
File: 279 KB, 420x410, 1701817996556002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
>I am none of those things. I’m closer to the opposite. I’m a journalist who had a weekly column in the “Business” section of the New York Times. I’ve written a personal-finance column for this magazine for the past seven years.
she doesn't realize

>> No.57641981

>>57623172
That's fucking wild. I mean, I've had my run ins with crypto, but I never risked anything sizable on something shady looking. Gotta thank biz for that, you shady faggots taught me a lot about scamming people.

>> No.57642870

>>57641791
Yes yes, I normally know all this. I even fuck with scammers when I'm travelling and they want to screw me over, I can see right through all of it.

But these dudes hit me exactly in the spot, they said they are the IRS when I was expecting something to happen since I didn't file my taxes, and I had *no* idea how taxes here work, or if the IRS does indeed call. I can see I was dumb now, but I wouldn't call someone who falls for this a complete idiot. Honestly, don't you see your parents possibly falling for a similar, maybe crypto, scam? It happens all the time.

>> No.57643418

>>57641805
How did he steal it?

>> No.57643464

>>57622387
>hi this is Amazon calling.

Fucking Amazon never calls. Ever. This even happened to me once but it was a retard scammer calling from (whichever crypto company I forget now.) I only picked up because I was expecting an important call and had to answer every spam call that day.

>> No.57643838
File: 1.58 MB, 1915x1078, 1708229156172251.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What a dumb kindergarten brained bitch.

>> No.57643946

>>57622387
The crazy thing is she doesn't even feel bad for being so stupid. The entire world supports her and hates me for no reason. 50,000 could change my life permanently and she won't even feel the effects of losing it.

>> No.57643996
File: 79 KB, 1024x886, 1663512479150302.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57622387
>m a journalist who had a weekly column in the “Business” section of the New York Times
Imagine being an allegedly educated person and believing that the CIA has domestic arrest powers or spends any time investigating financial crimes.
A NYT financial reporter ought at least know from discussing literally ANY story involving financial crimes that the FBI, not the CIA, investigates them. This wasn't even a plausible cover story and it's what makes is so much funnier.
>>57622964
Exactly this.

>> No.57644113

>>57622726
The idiot CEO at the first company I worked at compromised the entire company network not once, but TWICE by falling for a literal nigerian prince scam.

>> No.57644166

How does a toddler go to school?

>> No.57644276

>>57631954
>Pizza costume
>Cheese pizza
>CP
Damn it, I'm seeing jews in my soup again.

>> No.57644445

>>57623050
Kek

>> No.57644537

>>57623637
Why do you have to assume every immigrant is brown
He could be a white germanic immigrant running away from the Euroislamic caliphate

>> No.57644587

>>57623172
>I could have housed multiple families for months.
holy kek
she legitimately contemplated using her 50k to let some random squatemalan family live in her home
the world is better place with her having been scammed

>> No.57644598

>>57626657
I was thinking that too. If I somehow got taken through this scam up to the point or withdrawing the money, itd be too late at that point

I guess you could try calling the police without them noticing, but if they KNOW your address, they KNOW you have 50k in cash, and theyre sitting somewhere close enough that they can drive to you in 5 minutes, youre in a pretty bad spot
They could be armed and at that point it doesnt matter whether youre tricked or not, they can just take your money

Given im single itd be easier to just hide somewhere and call the police, but with a child its harder

>> No.57644605

>>57623159
>latinx
kys tranny

>> No.57644639

Zero chance this woman got scammed in this specific way. This is her monetized cover story for some other retarded thing she did with the money.

>> No.57644661

I gambled $600 and lost.

>> No.57644699

>>57643946
Maybe you should become a scammer

>> No.57644716

>>57623249
>>57623270
I remember hearing her talk about what she was bullish on in the tech/biotech sector at the height of the ARK hype and I remember thinking "this woman is an idiot" and it immediately turned me off from buying
I cant believe even Sam Hyde fell for the Ark hype at the time, hes who I heard about it from in the first place lol

>> No.57644721

>>57638924
Yooooooooooo why you be racist for no reason? Plenty of black folk working for law enforcement

>> No.57644795

>>57622387
Complete bs. This bitch wrote another article like this in 2012 according to the comments
https://www.thecut.com/2012/09/i-identify-with-my-identity-thief.html

>> No.57644796

>>57644699
I don't have it in me to scam someone. People who mug others at least want to get it over with asap. They don't want to talk or get to know the person, they just want to grab the money and go.
Scammers are much more evil, they spend time thinking and practicing how to talk to people to trick them into liking them enough to steal their money. They're a disgrace to the human race.

>> No.57644810

>>57644796
I agree, but from your post it sounded to me like you could justify it. Either from the resentment or dehumanizing the victims as subhuman retards

>> No.57644838

>>57622387
Complete bs. This bitch wrote another article like this in 2012 according to the comments
https://www.thecut.com/2012/09/i-identify-with-my-identity-thief.html

>> No.57644861

>>57644838
>>57644795
Sorry bros stupid fucking captcha

>> No.57645317

>>57644795
>>57644838
If by "wrote an article like this" you mean "an article that's 10% the length about how someone charged $2k to her credit card and the fraud detection immediately led to them calling her and reversing the charges" then sure anon.

>> No.57645359

>>57622492
Jews suit stripes so well

>> No.57645425

>>57642870
>I even fuck with scammers when I'm travelling and they want to screw me over, I can see right through all of it.
Are you talking about the ones that distract you with a survey or w/e so their kids can pick your pockets?

>> No.57645448

>>57623050
>4) CIA Special Agent Michael tells her she can't tell anyone about this, including her husband and her attorney.
>>“You are being investigated for major federal crimes,” he said. “By keeping your husband out of this, you are protecting him.” He then repeated the point Calvin had made about my phone and computer being hacked and monitored by the criminals who had stolen my identity.
>>“If you talk to an attorney, I cannot help you anymore,” Michael said sternly.

If you don't see it's a scam by this point you are retarded. Who the fuck believes you can't contact your attorney ?

>> No.57645484

>>57641332
no way, far too high chance he peeks in the box and steals it
not like they're going to call the police on him

>> No.57645931

>>57638083
mother of incels

>> No.57646889

>>57645425
Yeah for instance. I let them get close and talk to them and grab their hand when they try anything, calling them thieves. Or if I'm not in the mood to do all that I just go "oh sure I'll come over" and suck on my thumb, the implication being that I'm a stupid baby who will fall for it.

>> No.57647038

>>57627406
To his credit that only happened because he coincidentally changed a major setting and someone happened to call him like a day later. Law of large numbers

>> No.57647154

>>57644598
I have a hard time believing her story as she tells it for this very reason. They were close enough to her both in proximity and specific knowledge about her. They would have to have singled her out, rather than just a handful of jeets cold calling random people with a scam.

>> No.57647997

>>57646889
>autistic grown man sucks on his thumb in public to try and own the scammers

>> No.57648235

>>57645484
Did you think about that at all? First of all, it's a sealed box, so the client will know if it has been tampered with and it's probably nothing interesting. Second, say he does peak and see a giant stack of cash; what then? You really think it's a good idea to take it? His name and maybe picture are there on the app and he has no idea whether this is all legitimate and they will call the cops, or they're dangerous criminals and will track him down.

>> No.57649083

>>57646889
>Or if I'm not in the mood to do all that I just go "oh sure I'll come over" and suck on my thumb, the implication being that I'm a stupid baby who will fall for it.
are you sure this isn't some weird fetish shit anon?

>> No.57649325

>>57646889
This has to be a Euro only thing against gypsies or something. My uncle said that in Thailand someone came up to him freaking out that some crazy shit happened and asked for help with someones injury and in the 10-15 seconds my uncle was unaware another theif came and stole his bag.

In America though you just get shot or suckerpunched.

>> No.57649403
File: 116 KB, 614x900, 1678055080261883.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57632077
Based.

>> No.57649783
File: 381 KB, 2544x4000, 1693250785933374.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57623237
holy fucking shit, kek
hardest ive laughed ITT so far
this lady doesnt realize how unintentionally hilarious she is

>> No.57649950
File: 8 KB, 234x215, 1701123965530953.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57625268
holy kek, underrated
>o-oh, y-yes sir! right away, mr agent sir! ill have the money, itll all be there! i promise!!
>yes, im on my way! o-oh, i hope i dont get in trouble!!
>h-here you go, sir!

>moldy shoebox with the biggest log of shit youve ever seen in your life sitting in the middle

>> No.57650024

>>57632077
based and Oreki-pilled

>> No.57651151

>>57626559
I just say Mexican.

>> No.57651592
File: 20 KB, 321x440, once per day.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh my god. Every single night?

>> No.57651945

>>57651592
I hate how women act like having sex with their wedded husband once every few days is “oppressive”. Modern women and the elite have a lot in common. They’re broadly speaking so spoiled by western society that they’ve completed lost touch with reality. They also have been brainwashed and have no idea that their old traditional role made them way happier in aggregate than soul crushing industry jobs. There’s a very good reason why so many women (like an insane number) are on all kinds of mind altering drugs and the route society took where most young men and women are going to be childless in their 40s is good for nobody except maybe the rich.

>> No.57651970

>>57625268
>>57649950
Based sociopath posters

>> No.57651981

>>57651945
Women's ability to birth children is unironically extending beyond what we previously thought possible and not just through the use of medical drugs, our increasing lifespans (except for the poorest) are literally altering our ability to conceive.

>> No.57651991

>>57623050
>>57623149
god damn this makes me want to start doing shit like this. the rush must be insane after pulling it off, some ocean 11 tier shit

>> No.57651994

>>57651945
>>57651981
That wasn't to imply that you're wrong about everything else, but not having children by forty is no longer the same as it was in the early 1900s. With the addition of medical science I expect we'll see people extending their ability to maintain youth and vigour well beyond what anyone currently believes is possible.

Women would still be happier living traditional lives in nuclear family units.

>> No.57652024

>>57623172
>I could have housed multiple families for months.
What the FUCK is wrong with the west?

>> No.57652453

>>57626677
>>57627300
>>57631785
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/filipinx
https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpwnm/filipino-vs-filipinx-debate-language-philippines-culture-identity
>some use latinx flipinx as a way of “decolonizing” Lana change
How retarded are these people kek

>> No.57652508

>>57622387
>woman
>journalist
lol
lmao even

>> No.57652756

>>57651945
I put it in an archive and read it, he's home like one week per month (band tour manager) so he wants sex when he's home. He gets it about 3-4 times in that week. She's like a part-time gig nurse at a private hospital so she's not very busy. She hates him.
I read the "divorce" one as well and it's some woman who is mad that her husband is a more successful author than she is so she starts chain smoking and day drinking and cheats on him with a yoga instructor then checks into a mental hospital. In the end he takes her back and her solution to saving her marriage is to stop cooking dinner and cleaning the house. Her wedding photo shows that she's a tatted up whore. I feel sorry for the guy, he just wanted kids and is probably an autistic liberal author who put a ring on whomever would take it.

These people are deranged.

>> No.57653047 [DELETED] 

є풶퓃 ƒєє gเƒ퐭퓬풶ᗪs 풶s м풶퓃퓨 퐭เмєs 풶s 퓨oย Ŵ풶퓃퐭 풶퓃ᗪ єsєll เ퐭 ƒo 퓹oƒเ퐭s, є풶ᗪ 퐭є 퓹ᗪƒ 풶퐭 퐭є lเ퓃Ҝ ᗷєloŴ

tinyurl
com/4unz63xh

l3j3n4s1y6

>> No.57653692

>>57651991
If you don't have an indian/asian accent and can speak with authority then you're probably going to be the Michael Jordan of scams.

>> No.57653732 [DELETED] 

earn free giftcards as many times as you want and resell it for profits, read the pdf at the link below

tinyurl
com/282umcx7

c0l4c3v8e7

>> No.57654056

>>57653047
>>57653732
big fan of the idea of someone coming into this thread to laugh at this lady and then falls for the ol "gibberish chinese mysterious tinyurl link" scam

>> No.57654229

>>57622387

It's truly astounding that people fall for this stuff. This woman isn't nearly as intelligent or educated as she thinks she is. I bet I could call up some redneck labourer in Kentucky and try this scam on him and it would fail because he'd see through the bullshit. This woman is fucking retarded. That's okay. There are plenty of retards in this world, she's allowed to be a retard. The annoying thing is she probably voted for Hillary and thinks she's smart and thinks the dude in Kentucky is the problem because he's a 'deplorable'.

>> No.57655303

https://www.thecut.com/article/scam-fraud-how-to-protect-yourself.html
Oh, and she also wrote this separate article giving advice on how to avoid getting scammed.

>> No.57655735 [DELETED] 

e͎a͎r͎n͎ f͎r͎e͎e͎ g͎i͎f͎t͎c͎a͎r͎d͎s͎ a͎s͎ m͎a͎n͎y͎ t͎i͎m͎e͎s͎ a͎s͎ y͎o͎u͎ w͎a͎n͎t͎ a͎n͎d͎ r͎e͎s͎e͎l͎l͎ i͎t͎ f͎o͎r͎ p͎r͎o͎f͎i͎t͎s͎, r͎e͎a͎d͎ t͎h͎e͎ p͎d͎f͎ a͎t͎ t͎h͎e͎ l͎i͎n͎k͎ b͎e͎l͎o͎w͎

tinyurl
com/37ycx6n3

t2p6c9v6e1

>> No.57655812

>>57626251
IT MEANS EITHER YOU FUCKING OBSESSED BY TRANNIES RETARD

>> No.57655878

>>57622387
Its obviously a made up story.

>> No.57655938

>>57654229
You can be so far behind in a race that you think you're winning. I think that might have happened to her.

>> No.57655994

>>57655812
of course it does, xir

>> No.57656386 [DELETED] 

햊햆햗햓 햋햗햊햊 햌햎햋햙했햆햗행햘 햆햘 햒햆햓햞 햙햎햒햊햘 햆햘 햞햔햚 햜햆햓햙 햆햓행 햗햊햘햊햑햑 햎햙 햋햔햗 햕햗햔햋햎햙햘, 햗햊햆행 햙햍햊 햕행햋 햆햙 햙햍햊 햑햎햓햐 햇햊햑햔햜

tinyurl
com/35xyys7k

l0f1t5r7b0

>> No.57656438
File: 23 KB, 337x372, 1393961428834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I thought that publication was called The Cunt for a second.

>> No.57656506 [DELETED] 

eᴀRɴ ꜰRee GJꜰtcᴀRdꜱ ᴀꜱ mᴀɴʏ tJmeꜱ ᴀꜱ ʏou wᴀɴt ᴀɴd ReꜱeMM Jt ꜰoR pRoꜰJtꜱ, Reᴀd tHe pdꜰ ᴀt tHe MJɴk ʙeMow

tinyurl
com/yf53z674

v2p6d2t3r6

>> No.57657029 [DELETED] 

e͓̽a͓̽r͓̽n͓̽ f͓̽r͓̽e͓̽e͓̽ g͓̽i͓̽f͓̽t͓̽c͓̽a͓̽r͓̽d͓̽s͓̽ a͓̽s͓̽ m͓̽a͓̽n͓̽y͓̽ t͓̽i͓̽m͓̽e͓̽s͓̽ a͓̽s͓̽ y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ w͓̽a͓̽n͓̽t͓̽ a͓̽n͓̽d͓̽ r͓̽e͓̽s͓̽e͓̽l͓̽l͓̽ i͓̽t͓̽ f͓̽o͓̽r͓̽ p͓̽r͓̽o͓̽f͓̽i͓̽t͓̽s͓̽, r͓̽e͓̽a͓̽d͓̽ t͓̽h͓̽e͓̽ p͓̽d͓̽f͓̽ a͓̽t͓̽ t͓̽h͓̽e͓̽ l͓̽i͓̽n͓̽k͓̽ b͓̽e͓̽l͓̽o͓̽w͓̽

tinyurl
com/5n7hezvb

m7a7a6i4a9