[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 5 KB, 250x187, pp7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57208365 No.57208365 [Reply] [Original]

When do you decide when you are wasting your time and money?

For instance, you want to start a project, and it requires and money. Like an ecom website. You would need the time to research what it's going to be about, learn how to make the site, research what to sell and promote, how to do the whole thing.

Then you are going to need to spend money in ads mostly. Depending on the niche, you will need to spend it on content creators as well. Money goes by fast unless you start making more than you spend, but sometimes it may take a while. However you never know if something will work, so you may be wasting your time and money.

How much should you spend before it is clear there isn't a demand for the content or stuff you try to sell no matter how much time and money you spend on it?

I know a case of a guy that spends around 800k in ads to clear out 200k. This is fucking nuts but profitable. However, was he always profitable? for how long you remain lossing money until you start making it? etc. I have this fear that you could end up going from idea to idea lossing all your savings. Ironically the only way I ever made money was spending 0 on it, I just made content that lucked out with the algorithm and kept at it until they ruined my life with an unfair demonetization of my channel. There's no way to monetize this traffic beside ads and they wouldn't tell you what videos cause this so im screwed. So now im thinking what the fuck to do, but I don't want to waste my savings on ads and editors for nothing.

>> No.57208458

>>57208365
Kneepads

>> No.57209717

>>57208365
I give up quickly but that’s my issue
I would think keeping spending low early is the best route
Save cash and expand and spend on ads after you gain more experience and bankroll but then Bezos did the opposite and built Amazon
Hope you get the govt to not tax you for your first 25 years

>> No.57210703

so sunk cost then

>> No.57210846

Idk how to spend money to make money. I’ve always wanted to run a business but I’m low IQ.