[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 8 KB, 220x263, pepe.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57206187 No.57206187 [Reply] [Original]

/biz/, and smiggers in particular. For the past two years I've been on and off the stock market, starting every stint with dividend stocks or mutual funds, gradually increasing the risk and leverage for faster gains until I lost a bunch of money, effectively ending the stint driven by shame or capitulation or general sense of degeneracy. This time I've taken a hard look at myself and my life. It's obvious that I'm driven by a gambling addiction, and the endgoal seems to be nothing more than an adrenaline and dopamine high. I'm content where I live, have two wonderful, entertaining children that instills a sense of absolute security each week they're with me, and I have a non PC, nymphomaniac woman since 9 months that is head over heels in love with me (we have some history prior to this). So why do I get so obsessed with the stock market when I don't have any goal at all with my trading, other than loosely achieving financial independence? I run my own freelance business, make more than 99% of people in my country, am adept at my work and actually enjoy it.

It's either this post or gambler's anonymous, but I sort of just wanna post my thoughts as you guys have given me so much joy and cost me so much money over the years, so like, why wouldn't I share this with muh anons.

The question I want to pose is, how do you deal with more money not solving the main issue de jour? Why can't we just be happy with what we have, if we with assurance can say that it's a good life? Why are we always chasing the next big thing, material or otherwise?

>> No.57206266
File: 166 KB, 600x3031, 1678051327792154.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What helped me was the realisation that no matter how much I made the next day I was still me, in my body, with my mind, my thoughts, my habits and my lifestyle. Which incidentally has been 3 hours of shit posting on the couch when I should go enjoy the day.. alas we slip. But no money would ever help me change that, it was all up to me to take those steps.

>> No.57206271

>>57206187
Trading is exciting, number go up. There, I said it. And no I'm not jewish

>> No.57206720

soŕry, not reading all of that

>> No.57207019

>>57206187
shut the fuck up