[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 61 KB, 940x1024, 1617730035251.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57153049 No.57153049 [Reply] [Original]

when building a portfolio, do you have to be solely focused on whether its focused on long term growth, or can a portion of your portfolio be dedicated to growth as well as short term return?

would it make sense to hold dividend stocks in a portion of your portfolio while swing trading more volatile companies with the rest? It feels to me like that is how a new portfolio should be built though I think the conservative advice would be to focus on growing without risk over the next 5 years

>> No.57153070
File: 642 KB, 1022x731, 132214.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Depends if you're actually calculating a specific yield for compounding, or if you're just after max everything always until you're liquidated and getting pumped in the shitter to afford rice

>> No.57153120

>>57153070
I wouldn't be choosing dividends based on their initial yield but rather their potential for stable growth over the next 5-10

my thought process is to set myself up to have some stability and risk mitigation so I can count on my portfolio growing at some rate while I essentially gamble on crypto and tech with the rest. Im not sure if thats a better option than just keeping my head down and playing it safe so I can actually accumulate some wealth, and part of me hopes that in asking here you guys tell me to quit being a faggot and just gamble on crypto