[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 613 KB, 1424x802, percentage of millionaires 2019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56325782 No.56325782 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone want to share stories of this? Did you do it and how did it go for you?
Mine, in progress: I have 5 YoE as basically the equivalent of a TPM (not software industry, so somewhat different) and I want to either get a job as a TPM/PM in tech or just become a SWE. I already spent a year improving my coding skills and made projects etc. however the problem is my resume just looks far more impressive for management type roles than it does for software dev. I'm quite sure a fresh CS grad with a couple of internships would be a better candidate than me for SWE.
My reasoning for trying to switch to SWE is that it's more secure and better paid, I personally feel AI will replace managers en masse before engineers, but maybe I'm wrong.

>> No.56325789

>>56325782
>I personally feel AI will replace managers en masse before engineers
you can tell """AI""" to write a javashit app. you can't hold an AI accountable and yell at it when its team of offshore indians fucks up and fails.

>> No.56325832
File: 29 KB, 472x461, 1696880050012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

good thread. im doing the same (3y backend developed with good social skills weirdly enough. that wants to be a cloud architect). shit's hard. i would not worry about ai yet. there's so much shit i'd want to automate but is not there yet,a d lately its been a pain in the ass because chatgpt is trash now. being a manager ia a good thing, it means you are a"team player" which means you are not a sperg, use it to your advantage, also get meme (proffesional not associate) AWS certs. HR women like them for some reason. good luck

>> No.56325966

I went from sales to Analyst in my early 40s

That pic. It's mostly house poor people

>> No.56327324

>>56325789
I guess I agree now that I think about it. An AI that can yell at people seems farther away.
>>56325832
Good luck to you too.
>>56325966
Finance?