[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 231 KB, 273x334, 1618754088556.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56219628 No.56219628 [Reply] [Original]

What should I do?

My last human interactions were worrysome, as I either wanted to fit in or just did not give a fuck about people and ignored literally everybody.
I was isolated for 3 years, of which 2 were isolated with solely toxic people who formed my anxiety at talking to people, which was not there pre-covid.
To me, 99% of relationships are mundane and I'm missing empathy and accurate social skills, that build trust.

Now I have to learn how to lead a team, while talking to stakeholders and car brands.
And I've no idea wtf I should do to train.
I already ordered books like
>How to win friends & influence people
>48 Laws of Power
>The Art of Seduction
>Microhabits
>Influence - The psychology of persuasion
>The Alchemist

What would you recommend I should look for in my first days as a project manager and what should I do from day one?
I don't want to fuck it up.

I'm already on a 10 month semen retention, tho anxiety is still there sometimes, especially when I want to interact with people.

How do I fix this?
I have unironically 2 more weeks.

>> No.56219796

>>56219628

Try propranolol it's easy to get, really safe, non-addictive and effective for some people.

If that doesn't work idk maybe try benzos or something lol

>> No.56219805

Why the fuck did Accenture hire you

>> No.56219815

>>56219628
OP, dont listen to this fag: >>56219796

Dont touch drugs to fix your problems, fix the root of the problem instead. Basically force yourself into situations out of comfortzone and learn to handle them by trial and error. You will build strong confidence on your way

>> No.56219891

>>56219628
It's not too hard. I was homeschooled which is giga-isolation and basically all you need to be sociable is suppress your inhibition so that you can pour energy into anything you're saying, and constantly think from the perspective of who you're talking to so that you don't say anything harmful or dumb. If you do say something dumb make a point of continuing to talk and ignore it.

>> No.56219929

>>56219628
You're fucked.
Its all about social skills.
But if you're good looking, that is also enough

>> No.56220093

>>56219805
I did a project for a marketing agency that encapsulated 3 APIs on a freelance basis, so they thought it's useful.
Also I know how to sell myself if I don't fucking give a shit about my reputation.

>>56219815
What should I even talk about to other people
I barely even talk to friends

>>56219891
>constantly think from the perspective of who you're talking to so that you don't say anything harmful or dumb
That's a great tip, thanks.
But doesn't that put even more pressure on to you, which will not help you to concentrate of what to ask/say next?

>> No.56220146

>>56219628
Semen retention is good. I would say keep it simple. You're going to overwhelm yourself with all those books and going to over think everything. Just learn as you go. Go on offense if you can right away, but don't be a dick. Follow this rule and you should be fine.

>> No.56220157

>>56219628
>Accenture
As an anon with 0 social skills who has previously worked for Accenture, you WILL need to communicate with people, especially in project manager role for a consultancy lmfao. In my case I was able to be successful because the company works you to the bone and puts you in a sink or swim position, and this was enough distract me and take the edge off in order to get my work done. Anyways, good luck anon you'll need it lmfao. BTW, from what I've seen, if you're successful they WILL recognize that. Make of that what you will

>> No.56220386

>>56220157
How did that help you career-wise?
Have you built "friendships" etc in that course or how did you interact with workers?
I actually don't want that, as I want to move to another city after 6 months and solely want to know everything regarding project management.

>> No.56220497

>>56220093
You talk about mundane, small talk bullshit. Like sports you like to do, the weather, socially acceptable free time activities. No politics or autistic bullshit allowed. Nobody cares about your feelings or who you are, just role play all day and do what needs to be done. Never show your true emotions or anything personal, it's never beneficial to you.

>> No.56220554

>>56219628
>putting autists in managerial positions
find specialized coaches or therapists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NQGQImrpx4

>> No.56220650

Get a BA in communication. Everyone says its the easiest and bottom of the barrel right

>> No.56221287
File: 5 KB, 246x250, welp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56220497
>mfw when hobbies are /biz/, /pol/, /g/, /x/ and surfskating
So it's all about them and I have to remember their hobbies, activities and family situation, so I can talk about that on coffee breaks and solely talk about normie news?
Man I get massive anxiety thinking of coming into a crowded room where people are already chitchatting.

What should I talk about, if they're all talking to each others about mundane bullshit?
What do you do to calm you down and get rid of anxiety?

>just role play all day, never show your true emotions
Thanks for that tip.
Man, organizing meetings of complete departments and getting to know them, while making charismatic jokes AND remembering almost everything they say will be a rough challenge, since I can't just type down everything they say.