[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 30 KB, 512x512, 1690655707033186.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56169991 No.56169991 [Reply] [Original]

I won't write a whole life story here for those with tiny attention span, but here's a summary:
> Go to college, major in CS, "i want to be a game designer bro!"
> Learn a few years into my degree that coding is REALLY fucking hard
> At the same time, learn that game programming requires ultimate mega genius level coding skills, which I knew I would never get considering I've been demoralized by my major already
> Graduated, took 7 months to find a job
> Stayed stupidly loyal to the job for almost 6 years despite the constant exploitation and horrible office politics - this was the real turning point which blackpilled me on "just learn to code bro!"
> Eventually burned out and left my job, couldn't find anything else remotely near my area that paid nearly as much
> Right around this time, this is when the rate hikes started happening and tech industry got absolutely crushed in the ensuing layoffs - this resulted in me not being able to find a job ANYWHERE
> Fast forward to today, 2 years unemployed, I've been totally blackpilled and demoralized about coding and really the tech industry as a whole - TECH IS BY FAR THE WORST INDUSTRY IN AMERICA OUTSIDE OF MEDICAL, WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN ME ABOUT THE HYPER-EXPLOITATION, HYPER COMPETITION TO GET JOBS, THE UTTER INCOMPETENCE OF MANAGEMENT, THE COMMUNICATION MISHAPS, ETC ETC ETC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, I just rambled above, but the gist of it is that coding took away so many years of my life and left me in a catatonic, utterly depressed state of mind. I DEEPLY regret majoring in CS, so much so that I don't think I can ever recover. Even the money isn't worth it in this sorry ass field.

For those of you around here who keep shilling the coding meme to those questioning their future as "guidance", I have a message for all of you who wish to destroy others' lives:
> FUCK YOU
That's all.

>> No.56170015

>>56169991
Imagine complaining about finding a job out of college

>> No.56170016

>>56169991
If you want to make money, make some sort of software or technology you can sell to the government or military.

>> No.56170020

>if I just quit, with only CS BSc diploma, from good paying job, I will surely find another job with less work and more pay
Naïve

>> No.56170023

>>56169991
Coding will become a prerequisite, like speaking English. But yeah, it should not be your only focus unless you are passionate about it and talented.
Sorry to hear about your job experience, but this can happen in any field desu

>> No.56170037

>>56170023
Nah, possibly only this field. There is million CS BSc graduating this year from India alone

>> No.56170038

>>56169991
Good thing is millenials are the last talented generation, zoomers spend too much time on tiktok to learn valuable skills

>> No.56170043

>>56170037
Anything science related really

>> No.56170051

>>56170038
zoomers are least skillful with computers and math, even they spend all their time with their laptops. They just stare the empty screen, meanwhile an old lady expanding her knowledge brings up perfect pen&paper solutions.

>> No.56170055

>>56169991
No

I told you this is a bubble, that will pop, and result in a bunch of tech fags having a resume that goes from alphabet to tech support at johns roofing company to roofer at johns roofing company

You called me a nigger

round and round we went

>> No.56170056

>>56169991
I'm in a similar position.
Was earning like 140k€/year as a contractor for a company (software dev).

Burnedout bad, quit the job, sold my apartment.

This was nov last year, I thought i could get a better job with lower pay in a few months.

Not true, failed and failed interviews and still unemployed.

Rope is very tempting.

>> No.56170065

>>56170055
I wouldn't mind doing a lil bit of roofing from time to time instead of sitting in front of a screen all day desu

>> No.56170067

>>56169991
your dreams have been destroyed. just like mine. I also thought i would get a nice carreer comfy job working in IT. but no I became the work horse of the company and burned out. while all the stacies were comfy filling an excel here or there.

FUCK that. im comfy cuz i bought bitcoin, haven't worked either for the past 2 years but i have a stack so im comfy.

>> No.56170075

>>56170056
Sorry to ask if too personal, but how did you burnout manifest? Mental? Physical? Like being tired all the time?

>> No.56170079

>>56169991
>> Graduated, took 7 months to find a job
>> Stayed stupidly loyal to the job for almost 6 years despite the constant exploitation and horrible office politics - this was the real turning point which blackpilled me on "just learn to code bro!"
>> Eventually burned out and left my job, couldn't find anything else remotely near my area that paid nearly as much
Lol I knew the Software dev market is 100% bullshit (just look at the games VCs play with it) so I just stashed the money and bought property.
I just got laid off and don't care because I can live off my investments/savings pretty much indefinitely. I can finally focus on my startups without some women screeching at me.

>> No.56170104

>mfw 125k/y wfh software dev
>provide genuine value, everyone happy
>MAX 3 hours a day, unless extraordinary circumstance

>> No.56170110

>>56170075
>did you burnout manifest?
Not him but here's how it worked for me.There's probably something particular to point at but I don't think the trigger matters. *Something* goes really badly (maybe it's your fault, maybe it's someone else's but it doesn't matter, your life was made much worse for a while) and then every morning you absolutely dread opening your work laptop and things kind of spiral from there.

>> No.56170114

>>56170075
Mental, was working some days at 3AM on support and some weekends.
The workplace was a shitshow of gamblers and devs without a clue of design.

I wasn't learning anything new, revenue decided to fuck with me every month because in my country that's a lot od money. And i was tired all the time.

>> No.56170118

>>56170051
Doubt it. Most zoomers spend their time on their phones. I doubt many CS students these days even know how to navigate through a command line let alone Active Directory

>> No.56170120

>>56170051
most zoomers are actually terrible with computers as surprising at that might seem at first. Yes they spend on all day on computers, be that their phones or laptop or whatever, but most have 0 understanding of how anything works. In the early days you had to understand at least a little bit about file systems when you used a computer, but no longer the case as UIs have been adjusted to require less and less understanding from the user's point of view. What zoomers understand is how to use social media.

>>56170056
Yup, market is in the shitter and its a depressing situation. It was obvious that we were in a bubble around COVID when governments were throwing free money around left and right, now we're paying the price. It sucks, but what can you do

>> No.56170128
File: 145 KB, 670x424, 1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
>be mechanical engineer
>"OH NO anon, this piping will not fit with our vessel what do we do now?"
>boot up Autocad and spend 2 hours drawing shapes. Spend 2 more days lurking on image boards.
>"here you go Mr boomer boss"
>"OH WOW anon you are a LIFE SAVER. you must have worked so hard to come up with this, why don't you take it easy for the rest of the week? Just work from home, I'll call you if there's something urgent."
>"thanks Mr boomer boss, have fun fishing with your kids this weekend"
life is comfy for mech e bros

>> No.56170132

>>56170110
100% correct.

I could have fixed the architecture with time or the endless spaghetti code.
But i had no energy left, drained.

I'm still dragging that tiredness and I think interviewers can smell it.

>> No.56170139

>>56170118
>Active Directory
breh thats highschool shit. , also who the fuck uses winblows in the current year.

>> No.56170144

>>56170120
I guess we should just keep on grinding leetcode, interview books or whatever.

My copy of cracking the coding interview looks like if it was 100 years and was read by many people.

>> No.56170161

>>56170139
Shit, most financial institutions still use COBOL. A lot of companies hate upgrading their architecture. Which in some respects is a massive advantage for some. Your sentiment is exactly my point.

>> No.56170168

>>56170161
Advantage for the dev*

>> No.56170192

I guarantee most ITT are only miserable because they’re cucking FAANG orgs when they were C students in a no name uni. You’re playing the game wrong.

>> No.56170208

>>56170192
What's the better plan then?
I'm serious. Finance pays about the same as FAANG, but work there is miserable.

>> No.56170298

>>56170208
Mind you I’m not talking about actually making it lol, just getting a job in general. In which case simply wildly reduce your expectations and apply to mid companies, gov, etc.

>> No.56170297

>>56170114
>>56170110
OK interesting to know thanks. Burnout is so prevalent now (I hear about it around me all the time) but I am not sure if more than in the past. And why all the symptoms can be so wildly different. Stress is a hell of a drug

>> No.56170305

>>56170132
I'm fucking loving being unemployed. I just spent three days camping.
I wish I had quit earlier.

>> No.56170336

>>56170297
I think the issue is that it's hard to live *normally* without an income unless you've saved an absolutely enormous amount of money. You basically have a month from fired -> homeless (if you have a mortgage it's a little longer but things come apart fast) so when stuff starts going wrong people panic and freeze.
It's really similar to going into a tailspin if you've ever flown a plane.

>> No.56170337

>>56170128
Based comfy anon is based. Wish you many happies and comfies.

>> No.56170352

>>56170128
>Spend 2 hours to tell people to use a smaller pipe that actually fits
Dear God I hate engineering. It's like 2 minutes of thought and 2 hours of fucking paperwork.

>> No.56170393

>>56170336
Well I have been diagnosed with a panic disorder a while ago, now that it is more under control more like a GAD (would not wish this on anyone). And don't think it's because I am a sheltered neet or something, I have been partying most of my life and most people meeting me would probably find me funny and/or confident. But for some reason one day my body decided to become oversensitive to stress, and since then some days genuinely feel like I am going to die. Not money related, not situation related, and working currently (an "intellectually demanding" job). I have no fucking clue

>> No.56170410

>>56170298
I recently applied to nato as a software dev.
The moment that they realize I spend my time in here, I have no chance lmao

>> No.56170421

>>56169991
why did you have to tell me this? i want to make video games, (not as a job, because i know that's unrealistic and i wouldn't even care about the game i was making), but as i hobby.

I want a CS degree because its the only thing i care about studying. even if i don't find a job with it, its a life accomplishment for me that i feel would bring me happiness. i'm also a zoomer, but i feel i'm better with computers than most. at least i know how to inspect element, and get shit that normally doesn't work on linux to work on linux. i took a coding bootcamp once, just to get my feet wet. i was decent at it.

OP is making me lose hope. can you at least tell me what made your office job so "horrible"? an office job is all i wanted. i hate my current job working around rednecks at UPS. also, even if i don't like my office job for some reason. i intend to do what>>56170079 did.

>> No.56170636

>>56170421
This probably ends in one of two ways:
There's a hard shakeup where people who are genuinly good at coding and deeply enjoy it are separated from those who only show up for the pay check by a hardcore slump in the software dev market.
or
Programming becomes this baseline skill everyone expects like reading and being able to do it doesn't make you particularly valuable.

I used to lean towards the latter until I realized just how bad people are at formal reasoning, now I'm not sure either way but I've prepared for both outcomes.

>> No.56170662

>>56170410
Yeah that’s why if it wasn’t for remote I’d be finished lmao

gl with the job anon

>> No.56170673

>>56169991
Software development is easy, maybe you're just dumb.

>> No.56170723

Here's a hint: people only pay you to do a job for one of two reasons. Reason number one is that they don't know how to do the job so they have no choice but to pay you (or someone like you) to do it. Reason number two is that they don't want to do it because the job sucks. Nobody pays you to do a fun job that anyone can do. So you either level up your skills until you are in demand for being able to do shit nobody else can do. Or you suck it up and get used to doing shitty jobs that nobody else wants. There are no other choices.

>> No.56170742

>>56170662
Thanks anon!!!! :)

>> No.56170744

>>56170118
bruh ldap is cool and all, but where do I get resources that don't waste my time.

I actually want to learn all of this shit, but I get little to no help from my workplace. The only place left is the crappy video by a indian dude. Look I ain't complaining, he is doing his best and the material is in there, if you can stomach listening to that shit for a couple of hours.
ALL WESTERN GUIDES ARE LOCKED DOWN AFTER 2020. I MEAN EVERYTHING is behind a paywall, and most of it is fucking scams.

if ain't for udemy siterips I would be lost in the sea without a paddle. Complaining about zoomers is not the solution, online EDUCATION is a BIG waste of time , money OR BOTH.

>> No.56170756

>>56170723
Well, there's also the possibility that they need you to work because they can't do everything.
Like, they know how to do it, they would be willing to do it, but they have so much work that they can't do it.

>> No.56171093

>>56169991
so degree, 7 years work exp, 2 years unemployed is a blemish. not bad and very fixable. I believe you can get a job in the industry if you try hard enough. you have to understand that all tech that isn't hardware is fluff, consumer based bullshit. web-dev for example and of course game-dev

live through it and tolerate it because it gives a better lifestyle than most jobs

>> No.56171095

>>56170393
>>56169991
God millennials are such whiny dumb bitches who don't understand basic common sense and psychology.

>And don't think it's because I am a sheltered neet or something, I have been partying most of my life
Partying doesn't cause panic attacks, retard. I bet your mom is a creepy piece of shit or your dad threatens you subtly and you're a lying faggot.

>Go to college, major in CS, "i want to be a game designer bro!"
Game designers have nothing to do with programming, dumb dumb.

>coding is REALLY fucking hard
Only if you're a midwit or a retard who reinvents the wheel everytime instead of copying code or organizing a structure for the code.
> At the same time, learn that game programming requires ultimate mega genius level coding skills,
Game programming is the easiest shit ever because everyone copies from 1 source. Half Life and Quake used the engine and physics from Jurrassic Park.
Most midwit programmers just copy shit. 99% of them are not IBM tier programmera who come with original ideas and implementations. You're just a moron who probably never copied code before.

> Graduated,
Yeah in 3 years, thanks for leaving that out, retard.
> took 7 months to find a job
You're a fucking midwit
>Stayed loyal for 6 years
Midwit midwit midwit, sounds like a you problem. Did you at least advance the ranks?
>couldn't find anything else near my area
Most programmers work from home even before Coronashit.
>that paid nearly as much
There it is, fucking whining piece of shit has it too good.
>2 years unemployed
Which means you gathered enough money in 6 years to live 2 wholebyears off of it, probably more. Even if you did live with your parents you'd still need to spend money.

So let me get this straight
You're a midwit who can't program worth a shit and doesn't know the basic practice of copying a framework. You're instantly hired on probably a 100k/y salary when you're a beginner or barely worked for 1 year.

But bohohohohoooo "coding is a meme".

>> No.56171112

>>56169991
>IC4Lno4q
>1 post by this ID
Demoralization thread.
The defense contractor I work for is hiring hundreds of programmers this year, because the attrition rate is very high.

>> No.56171128

>>56171112
Name of the company?
Does it allows contractors from EU?
Qualifications?

I'm interested

>> No.56171157
File: 97 KB, 768x719, 1624322281776.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
Your only option is clearly suicide, you fat hideous tranny. Please kill yourself soon, troon.

>> No.56171167

>>56171095
>God millennials are such whiny dumb bitches who don't understand ... psychology.
just world hypothesis and survivorship bias in a single post. and i'm not even a codenigger. kek.

>> No.56171199

They deliberately crushed you through a very large collaborative strategy of destroying your bargaining position as a tech worker.

>> No.56171202
File: 38 KB, 530x800, DtK8XP2f3LPHPA8Bql3_hXfmBecsW4qw4-RDz3JeG7c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56171157
This anon has a point. Op would better serve society by no longer existing. The mentally ill transgender indeed does need to fucking end they/them-self. ASAP!!

>> No.56171225

>>56169991
All of the non-engineering science sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.) and low demand engineering fields (industrial, environmental, chemical) are way worse. You have the same shitty job market only you make the same wage as a McDonald's employee starting. No potential for advancement except through nepotism.

>> No.56171244

>>56171128
>Does it allows contractors from EU?
You have to be a naturalized citizen.
But Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing and Northrup Grumman all have foreign subsidiaries.

>> No.56171264
File: 174 KB, 220x391, well-you-know.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56171157
Based as fuck.
>>56171202
Yep. Cucks need to cuck off my 4chan.

>> No.56171275

>>56170104
based

>> No.56171332

>>56169991
>coding
Yeah you never should have done it. You still think of it in terms of "Just writing code." That in itself is not all that valuable. Bottom line is if you don't enjoy BUILDING STUFF, then you should just forget about programming.

Good rule of thumb is, do you currently or have you in the past attempted to make your own game or some type of software? Doesn't have to be anything huge, just a project that you have to commit to and see through to the end. If not, try it. Now did you enjoy it? If yes, go and pursue it. If not, you are going to be fighting an uphill battle in the software industry and it's only going to get worse for you.

>REALLY fucking hard
Yep, it's not for you. Programming is just a tool to build stuff. If you can't wrap your mind around how those tools work, then it's just not for you.

>> No.56171374

>>56169991
anon you're on a business/finance board. you do realize you can make your own software or solution and push it for some $$. or make websites for rich retards with broken geocities websites like construction businesses and w/e

>> No.56171390

I quit my sales job and being unemployed is great. I learned to plaster and paint, want to do flooring in my mom's house to learn some new skills, and go running/cycling almost every day.

Just need to reduce my debt to $0 before I can truly be free.

>> No.56171403

>>56171374
>you do realize you can make your own software or solution
No he can't. In the OP post he said he thinks it's too hard.

>> No.56171415

>>56170421
Just do it, OP is an actual faggot who blames everything/everyone else around him but himself. Loser mentality.

>> No.56171475

>>56171095
I think its funny that in my coding boot camp, i couldn't figure something out, nor could i find anything on the internet to help me do this specific trick our teacher wanted us to do as part of our final assessment. i ended up finding the "demonstration code" he left online. i copied it, but tweaked it so it looked more inline with something id make, and not his (just in case he might suspect me of cheating). i also removed some shit, so it wouldn't look like i got a 100% on the assessment. we weren't being graded, we just needed to "pass", but he wouldn't tell us what was enough to pass to make us work as hard as possible on our project.

i always felt bad about copying his code, cause i don't think he ever knew, but at the same time, felt a little smart for possibly cheating the system. i wonder if my classmate figured it out or if he got the same idea. we both passed.

You are definitely right about game development. i copy as much shit as i can when making a game in unity. no reason to code an entire system that no one will notice or appreciate when you could take something someone else made and tweak it.

>> No.56171492

>>56171475
I laugh at the assholes who don't use chatGPT for whatever dumbass reason. I use it for programming all the time. "Hey Jimmy I need a class that does x. Here are the fields. I need these methods. Do it." Saves so much fucking time. Ya I need to rewrite a lot but so what. I get Jimmy to rewrite Jimmies code.

>> No.56171556

>>56171475
He knows you "cheated" but you showed that you know enough about programming to make the code work for your use case, which is enough really.
The vast majority of code is just someone elses idea that is rehashed for a different purpose. You did good anon.

>> No.56171607

>>56171264
Unironically kys you fucking freak

>> No.56171643

>>56169991
Quickly get your ass on QVM if you need a better life OP, Devs are enjoying royalty rewards when their codes are reused.

>> No.56171662

>>56171492
Ok don’t get me wrong it can be a huge timesaver in many cases. But when it comes to understanding your code to write unit tests (maybe it can write a jump off template) or understanding library differences chatGPT needs a ton of work and how they describe their products is VASTLY overstated. But I get the need to pump AI stocks and AI in general.

>> No.56171664

>>56170723
I find that the vast majority of people are employed for optics and feelings. They indeed do a few things that are useful, but most of their time is spent making someone else feel good about the state of [Business]. It is very difficult to find work if your presence doesn't make other people feel good, whatever you take that to mean.

>> No.56171679

>>56171095
>Most programmers work from home even before Coronashit.
definitely not true, and I doubt it's even true now

>> No.56171720

>>56171095
>deranged projection, the post

>> No.56171724

>>56171679
Correct. My first remote job was before covid but I really had to dig for it, I was extremely lucky based off convos with peers.

>> No.56171797
File: 483 KB, 200x200, pepe-cross.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
Foggot stop complaining and start exploring QVM where you can code in any programming language to build a dapp or a smart contract and get royalties for life time. Ignorant fool dyor.

>> No.56171901

I want to break into a more tech oriented role for finance. I’ve been doing leetcode150, but I’m questioning if it’s even worth it considering chat GPT is writing me the most accurate answer every time so I’m blazing through it. Any thoughts?

>> No.56171968

>>56171403
thats dumb, i literally said make websites, some dumb indians can do it, so can OP

>> No.56172034

>>56171901
That’s good if you’re actually learning from chatGPT for comprehension rather than completion.

>> No.56172163

>>56172034
>
I realize chat has limits, but for me it's been the best programming teacher. It makes mistakes, sometimes writes code that literally wont compile because of errors, but I get what it's trying to tell me. Super under rated for learning. Usually because midwits get mad that it's not god.

>> No.56172541

>>56172163
Someone who’s not as lazy as me should create a language learning chat bot that has (spoken) casual conversation and gives feedback on grammar. That’s a huge usecase for the current state of AI. Probably already exists somewhere though. You kind of can rig one pretty easily with different services but a good ux would be nice.

>> No.56172571

>>56170421
Don't get a CS degree, everyone and their dog has one nowadays, it's so saturated you'll never find a job. Just learn to weld

>> No.56172635

>>56169991
>study game programming
You played yourself. It is by far the least paying AND time-consuming programming-related job you could do. But you just HAD to make games because playing them was all you did for the entirety of your pathetic life so you have nothing else to relate to. Tough shit, wagie. Now go clean up the floor, i just took a massive shit.

>> No.56172668

>>56169991
I'm sorry that happened to you. After reading this, I propose that we adjust the "Learn to code" slogan to "Learn to code well", to avoid tragedies such as yours.

>> No.56172677
File: 14 KB, 500x590, IMG_3060.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>software dev here COOOODING is my life!

What a gay industry filled with bug men onions cucks lol. Every programmer I’ve ever worked with was a turbo virgin loser with a chip on his shoulder about his superior intelligence coping that he’s a fucking virgin KEK.

>> No.56172717

>>56169991
>>56170056
>actually quitting a job
>without even having an offer from another company already accepted and ready to switch
you did this to yourselves. The only way to quit your job is by stealing paychecks for a year and a nice severance package by getting fired because of underperformane. Also during that time you should be searching for other jobs and learning new skills.

>> No.56172755

>>56169991
What’s your skin color?

>> No.56172839

>>56172571
People have told me that. thing is, i'm a twig. i weigh 97 lbs and am 5'4. i don't want to work around guys with tattoos who swear excessively. i don't want to work around tough guys. a lot of people in construction/trade are exactly that.

i just want to be around quiet nerds with poor social skills like myself.

>> No.56172886

>>56172677
It’s not even superior intelligence anyway. Most of them fall for the same false dichotomies normies fall for.
>My opinion is le good because I’m intelligent and you are wrong because I finished university. No, I’m not an engineer
t. devops with a stem degree in system automation
I feel like a clown even saying I have a stem degree, as if that decides if my thinking is correct or not.
>>56172717
I’m in a similar boat with him. I want to quit and take a break from everything. I’m at a point where I just do whatever I’m being told at work, wasting my life day by day. I don’t do anything interesting or useful for that matter (because there is no such thing where I work now). Busy work, cleaning after idiots that set up an insanely stupid architecture for the sake of job security (ironic). Wasting my intellect and potential, contemplating suicide daily.
Gone to interviews where I was asked the specific names of the files that consist the components of a helm chart (for example). As if that would attest my experience working with k8s, setting up a cluster or managing it. Complete bullshit.
Backhanded questions just to leverage a lower wage for the candidate.
>yeah, you know some things, but it feels like you weren’t in the right env to learn what you need to learn. We can offer you <way less that the market price for my experience
>>>56170056
I’m starting to understand how you feel, although I never got a pay nearly as good as you.

>> No.56172906

>>56172839
bro believe me with that kind of mindset you wont fit in anywhere and it will keep you out of so many opportunities
no one actually cares about how you look or act (unless you're a legit high functioning turbo sperg)

>> No.56172916

>>56172886
how much do you make anon? all these people talk about being burnt out from their tech jobs, and i work at fucking UPS. at least you waste your life in a respectable job.

>> No.56172926

>>56170128
>be electrical engineer
>"hey anon can you please test this setup for us and make sure it can connect to these devices"
>configure the devices and test the connections in 1 hour, do fuck all for the next 7 hours
>do this for weeks
>"yep it works"
>"very nice anon"
life is comfy for elec e bros

>> No.56172928

>>56172906
>no one actually cares about how you look or act
they don't, but they can smell weakness. they'll take advantage of you if you're small and easily intimidated. at least i'm not intimidated by some dude in an office, even if he is twice my size.

>> No.56172937

>>56169991
>>>/sci/15763977

>> No.56172938

I’m taking the coding pill and NOBODY can stop me

>> No.56172961

>>56172926
I'm a CS fag and starting to go into EE. It's very interesting, you could be an expert software engineer and know fuck all about electronics.

>> No.56173003

>>56172906
>no one actually cares about how you look or act
You will go a lot farther in life based on appearance and personality than actual performance. Any programmer with the former two moves up into management. But without charisma they don't make it past mid-level.

>> No.56173024

>>56172916
I personally make around 28k/month in the balkans.
For reference, if I want to buy land in a village near the city where I live (around 500k people live in this city) with utilities and enough to have a garden, it’s 20k+ at end of the village, 60k if I want something good.
A 50m^2 apartment is around 80k, empty.
At the start of this year (when I wanted to make an llc and get contracts from outisde the shithole I live in), the state changed some financial laws which fucked over people like me.

>> No.56173033

>>56173024
Wait, 28k/year**

>> No.56173038

>>56169991
>left his job before getting another job
>blames learn to code

Seriously, you would never have made it anyway.

>> No.56173204
File: 115 KB, 1280x720, 1695138919911240.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
make my fries hot NEETcuck

>> No.56173390

>>56171095
>Projection and retardation, the post.
Where did I say it was caused by partying? Where did I complain? Why would I lie here of all places? Do you know words assembled together have a logic and form a sentence? Just like programming my dude, you can't just pick the words that triggered you and assemble them in a way that will suit your mental image

>basic common sense and psychology lmao you need to be 18+ to post, your brain is clearly not fully formed yet

>> No.56174172

>>56169991
>I DEEPLY regret majoring in CS, so much so that I don't think I can ever recover.
Nigger most grads from other fields have to spend years working at or slightly above minimum wage before landing something decent. You're just complaining for no reason.

>> No.56174211

>>56170037
And they're shit. It's just diploma mills over there.

>> No.56174323
File: 81 KB, 640x480, Your_Breeding_Partner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
>Coding ruined my life

Find the unmarried daughter of a rich man and BREED your way into some money.

>> No.56174355

>>56169991
>Major in CS
>Get a high paying job within a year of graduation
>Quit without having a new job lined up
>CS DID THIS TO ME

>>56170055
CS is great if you don't get into a meme tech company. IT at a real non-tech company is super comfy since 95% of the company has no idea what you do and the other 5% are too busy to care. Some days I do a lot, some days a little, some days I do nothing at all. As long as the software is working nobody cares.

>> No.56174724

You really need to have started programming as a child to have good chances in CS nowadays.

>> No.56174777

Skill issue

>> No.56174789

>>56169991
I don't really see how coding ruined your life.

>> No.56174799

>>56170161
Nigger, we have stuff using IBM mainframe still. And it’s not a little bit either.

>> No.56174856

>>56174724
Nonsense, nearly everyone in tech is shit

>> No.56174863

>>56174724
this but unironically
CS as a degree is just putting your already known skills on paper.
t. Dropped out of CS and became an aircraft mechanic

>> No.56174864

>>56173003
Management is a trap.
You lose your skills, barely get paid more, you can't threaten to quit for a raise because they know you lost your skills.

>> No.56175077

>>56169991
>game designer bro!
Should have just learn SQL, or infosec if you wanna be extra boring
"dev ops"

What are you idiots doing trying to become game devs. It's the zoomer equivalent of moving to Hollywood.

>> No.56175164

>>56170037
I hate all my indian coworkers. I give them a confluence page step by step how to do a task and they still mess it up. how did they even graduate from cs. Im gonna automate their job soon. cant even understand them on standup

>> No.56175174

>>56170056
never quit a job ever unless you are going back to school or have another pn lined up. Managers dont want quitters. Muh toxic boss quitting reason? theyre just as toxic and next you. Embrace the suck next time and silently quit

>> No.56175216

>>56169991
>ll of you who wish to destroy others' lives:
That's why she started raping me to begin with, just a few years after she took this picture. She said, "You know what this piece of shit needs? Anal rape and anal rape trauma, that's what!," and it's been more of the same all along.

>> No.56175221
File: 210 KB, 316x315, TIMESAND___h6eh8uek3ks8y0otujj088yrujt828912jjsu8ys7whhmjdkof.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56175216
>this picture.

>> No.56175224

>>56170744
>if ain't for udemy siterips
where do you find them?

>> No.56175231

>>56172677
>>software dev here COOOODING is my life!
I actually was one of these guys. I've been programming since I was 10 years old, I did tons of personal projects, worked my ass off to get a literally perfect GPA in university and graduated magna cum laude with a degree in computer science. I really thought that CS was THE field for me because I just seemed to have so much natural talent for it. I thought that anyone who failed to make it in CS just lacked the passion and the drive to succeed in it
After graduating, I applied to every company with an opening for 6+ months, but no tech company ever hired me after I finished school
I've been working in retail since then, saving and investing every single dime I make while living with my parents and just hoping to make it in the next bull run

>> No.56175250

>>56169991
>At the same time, learn that game programming requires ultimate mega genius level coding skills, which I knew I would never get considering I've been demoralized by my major already
Game programming isn't engine dev ...

>> No.56175257

>>56170067
>your dreams have been destroyed
What dreams, to coffee for someone else then die? At least if you are competent and identify a product you can make something.

>> No.56175263

>>56170161
>COBOL
The irony is zoomies should learn this. Then get a job where they can never be replaced

>> No.56175271

>>56170421
>but as i hobby.
I do this. It is fine and I can code at a decent level for game Dev on engines. Just start.

>> No.56175288

>>56175263
>The irony is zoomies should learn this. Then get a job where they can never be replaced
you're not thinking this through
if zoomies can just up and learn COBOL to get a job, then so can anybody else, which means that they can be replaced

>> No.56175294

>>56175231
WTF, how is that even possible? Are you sperging out during interviews?

>> No.56175305

>>56175294
Maybe? I mean, CS is pretty competitive and there are way more graduates in CS every year than there are entry-level openings. This is a verifiable fact.
I didn't go to a top-tier university, which might have been another mistake. Maybe I should have held out until I could have gone to MIT or something?

>> No.56175357
File: 9 KB, 225x225, 1690074336284879.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56175305
Ok, since I did hiring for software devs I will try to explain some stuff that HR and hiring managers in my company looked at.

If you see a job posting on linkedin/indeed/etc. do NOT apply there first. Go to company website and see if there is a posting there. Apply on company website, read instructions carefully (put position in the subject, etc.).

Read the requirements and try to peace together what is going on with that company's software. What is the backend/frontend/db. Write a cover letter mentioning that you have experience with those frameworks or dbs. Since you have visited company's website you should know about there product. Mention the product and the mission in the cover letter.

Clean up you github and pin interesting and/or project with in-demand frameworks. Make good READMEs with gifs. Nobody will the code other than to see general structure, but a good readme catches the eye.

It is rough out there and the effort some devs put into their applications shows. Really good devs who think that hiring managers will drill into the code on github are delusional because managers are busy af as is. Mediocre devs who present their work in a nice way get the job.

God speed anon, I believe in you

>> No.56175372

>>56170023

low code and no code has been a thing for a while now. interpretative software is making coding skills obsolete. also development skills are a race to the bottom. i work in professional services and clients want the cheapest code monkeys they can get and onshore fluent english 'whitest' (not literal, but professional demeanor) people they can get to manage them and communications.

>> No.56175381

>>56175357
Yeah, it would have been great if someone like you clued me in on this within the first 6 months of me graduating college, which nobody ever fucking did. Instead, I missed out on this vital information, which caused me to accumulate a "resume gap" which made me permanently unhireable in the industry. I guess it was just my fault for not being psychic and instinctively knowing what HRfags wanted out of me, despite never being told that directly by you guys who were hiring, or being taught that as part of my curriculum. It's totally all our fault for not just knowing exactly what you want out of an entry-level candidate while we're still learning and in school

>> No.56175396

>>56169991
Two big problems with software.
1. You're at the bottom.
2. Outsourcing to India.
Only thing that's good is WFH and the pay.

>> No.56175411

>>56175357
Oh, and you know another thing about you fags that fucks/fucked people like me up?
You don't ever tell us why you reject candidates like me. You just ghost us, and expect us to figure everything out on our own. Fuck you for acting like you don't do this to literally every candidate you don't immediately love. Fuck you for acting like that's a fair system. You're just blocking people out from being able to even learn from their mistakes and improve in order to become a better candidate for you. Literally what is your reason for ghosting people like that?

>> No.56175417

>>56175381
>permanently unhireable
You are demoralized. I get it, but if you don't want to keep working retail for the rest of your life you need to get your shit together. I worked retail and kitchen before i got my first job.

Nobody really cares about resume gaps, say you worked on your projects in that time while looking for a job.

A lot of stuff I told you about I learned on my own after applying for 350+ positions while I was looking for a job.

One last tip, get a couple of cloud badges. AWS/GCP/Azure all have free badges that you can get by completing those challenges and you can say you have experience with those platforms. Devs hate cloud and devops, saying that you have experience with those is a big plus.

Start with those cloud badges, it should get your head out of the gutter

>> No.56175437

>>56175417
It's cool dude, my parents are nice and well-off, and they're supportive and bought my own house to live in so I don't really care if I succeed on my own or not, I will still be carried through life regardless
I tried very hard to get into the CS field and nobody ever gave me a chance. That's fine enough, but the biggest insult to me was that nobody even ever told me why that was. They just chose to never respond or call back after emails and interviews
obviously I'm going to give up after a while if you guys cannot even so much as put in a modicum of effort to communicate with people like me

>> No.56175447

>>56175411
I can see why you couldn't find a job in so long. I spoke to you for 10 minutes and I already don't want to be anywhere near you.

>> No.56175456

>>56170051
What really blackpilled me about zoomers is how they destroy the internet.
The entire beauty of the internet is that it was an escape from the sterilized corporate world of mainstream media, it was a flowering of authenticity, and zoomers immediately recorporatized it, but "ironically." A generation that spends 99% of their waking hours on a medium they don't even understand. Absolutely chilling. As long as you do everything "ironically" zoomers are ok with eating infinite amounts of shit.
>"Ayo" but it's ironic bro so that cancels out the shit taste haha!

>> No.56175459

>>56175447
Yeah, sure, dude. I just think hiring managers like you are lazy and you don't want to communicate with any of your potential candidates unless immediately think they're a perfect fit. You want us to be totally fine with being ghosted and ignored.

Sure, it may be too late for me in particular, but please, do your future candidates and give them a concrete reason for their rejection so they don't have to wonder and doubt themselves so much. You cause this self-doubt and lack of confidence in people with your vague, non-specific rejections. It doesn't give people room to improve and better themselves, it's purely demoralizing and you can't solely blame them for taking that kind of reaction to it

>> No.56175467

>>56175459
do your future candidates a favor**

>> No.56175495

>>56175459
Very few places give feedback because it's an HR directive. Once you give a reason for rejection it opens the company to lawsuits. If you spent just a little bit of time googling why HR does not give the reason for rejection you'd have found it out in 10 minutes. It is not common that you'd get a real reason, that's just how it is.
The reality of the situation is that all those things were explained in career development / interview prep courses every uni forces students to take. If you were like me you probably thought that those courses were a waste of time or you were too busy with labs/homework/exams.

I tried to help you, but you are too deep in being angry at the world. Maybe you will reach a boiling point and start your own saas, maybe you will learn to play their games to get a job.

The choice is yours. I would recommend making you own app just to spite the companies that did not hire you. You have a lot of anger, at least put it to use

>> No.56175499

>>56175495
>all those things were explained in career development / interview prep courses every uni forces students to take
this is just not true, i challenge you to find a mainstream university where an interview prep course is a required part of the CS curriculum.
I would actually, unironically work in retail for the rest of my life than work for a fag like you. At least retail is honest about what it actually is. Managers in retail are straightforward, honest people. I can tell just from talking to you for 30 minutes that you are fake as fuck and a habitual liar

>> No.56175587

>>56175495
he said he went to some no name backwoods university
I'm betting that's a big factor too
people definitely meme around but there is a real growing gap between the bottom and the top, it isnt 2012 anymore, the whole "it doesn't matter where you go to school bro!" is getting tossed out the window with all of these 4 month programs or online degrees

>> No.56175593

>>56175587
I didn't go to a backwoods university, but it wasn't a top-tier one, either
I went to Georgia Tech which is supposedly one of the more respected schools in the southeast

>> No.56175657

>>56175593
oh u

>> No.56175660

>>56170723
Number three is to be a woman. Then they will create jobs specifically for you that are basically daycare in order to meet gender quotas.

>> No.56175669

>>56175657
Let me guess, you're going to try to gaslight me into thinking that the university I went to is backwoods, despite it being relatively okay by most standards?
I mean we can't all be ivy league graduates. I never got feedback on what I was doing wrong from any hiring managers who rejected me, so I was never given anything to build or improve on. I guess gatech made a mistake by passing me through their CS program

>> No.56175680

>>56169991
Honestly. I worked like 2 years of softdev jobs by now and I'm already over and done with the entire field.
>You're on your deathbed
>you think back on your life
>i-i wish.... I wish I had spent even more time in front of screens *ack*
Once my current contract ends which is pretty high paying and with FAANG I might drop this entire faggot industry and become a bartender. God I hate techno-dystopias.

>> No.56175689
File: 1.42 MB, 640x430, mega cringe alert.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56171095
>WOW LOOK AT ME I SPAM CTRL+P I'M SO SMART AND DANDY WORSHIP ME IMMEDIATELY LOLOLOL

>> No.56175716

>>56170723
The only reason anyone pays you anything is because it would be unprofitable for them not to. No matter what they're paying you, 15 or 100 per hour, the result is the same - a job is theft of your labor. They will always come out ahead, and you will get paid proportionally in crumbs.

>> No.56175750

>>56175593
>>56175657

georgia tech is one of the best engineering schools in the country. like top 5. going to a good school guarantees nothing though

>> No.56175771

>>56175750
>like top 5.
Is it really top 5, though? Like really?

>> No.56175781

>>56175771

tied for #5 w/ carnegie mellon in us world news 2023-2024, so yes. literally

>> No.56175788

>>56169991
>work in public accounting
>exploited 6-months out of the year
Relax guy. You have a CS degree and 6-years of experience. It could be far worse.

>> No.56175806

>>56175781
holy shit maybe I should keep applying for tech jobs, then
but goddamnit, why won't you guys just be straightforward about why you dislike me? I really don't know what to do to appeal to you at this point

>> No.56175824

What a fucking crybaby. If you are in the USA even though you are literally retarded you can easily get 100k+ / yr.
I graduated in a top uni of my 3rd world country, silver in international math olympics and can barely do 3k/month.
Fuck you.
Get a truck job or do fucking Uber if you are that retarded. But stop complaining, even doing these things guarantees you 100k.

>> No.56175849

>>56175824
>I graduated in a top uni of my 3rd world country, silver in international math olympics and can barely do 3k/month.
so in other words you have literally zero fucking experience about what it's like to live/work in a first world country and are just going off of stories about what you've heard on the internet. fuck off and stop telling us how to feel and live, then

>> No.56175877

>>56175849

i hate the us as much as anyone but guys like that that think you can just wander into the US and make 100k+/yr breathing through your mouth are super annoying. probably never been out of their country

>> No.56176018

>>56175372
this

>> No.56176056

>>56175849
>>56175877
I am in Japan right now traveling around. Have actually lived in the US for 6 months because of an exchange program.
Things in US are much much easier. Consider how many people are drug addicts or niggers, it's like almost 50% of the pop. Just don't be a complete degen and you are already better than half of the pop.
Despite I making much less money, I live with my parents, so I am able to save 90% of my salary. Doing part time jobs for extra income is impossible here, as it pays like $1/hr, while an american can just do Uber or something if he needs extra income. He can also often get a lot of free shit / neetbux if he wants.
To be fair, the only hard thing for white americans is the culture of being kicked out from home and not receiving any support from your parents. Also having to compete against diversity hirees and jews.

>> No.56176071

>>56176056
So... you're in Japan but also living with your parents? So your parents are Japanese? I mean, which is it? You can't be on your own in Japan and also living with your parents at the same time. If you are actually just Japanese, then you have it better than most of the world by default, as well

I've been halfway thinking of going to Japan because I've already passed the JLPT N2 and I have a bachelor's degree, going to japan to teach english would be a walk in the park for me, but obvious LARPs like this make me question myself

>> No.56176118

>>56169991
Learning unreal engine blueprints is so easy we teach it to fucking highschoolers... Dude if u wanted to make a game why r u not learning how to use a game engine? It doesnt take a mega genius programmer to make a game, but if u want it to be good/interesting youre gonna need to have good taste and design skills which are much harder to cultivate, but good luck anyways

>> No.56176133

>>56176071
I am from South America. But decided to travel here for a few months. Because I barely spend my money and made good bets in crypto in the past (despite being down 50% from my portfolio top).
I have the N3 and I am actually receiving a lot of messages on Linkedin by recruiters. The problem is that the pay is like between 5M - 7M yen / year. After taxes this is less than 3k USD a month. And the cost of living is quite high compared to what I am used to.
I can't teach english there because I am not native, but I would only do it if I was in my early 20s and I wanted the experience.
I am actually considering getting a job there for that reason, despite being a bad decision financially. This is probably the best country I've been to. Amazing women in appearance and personality.

>> No.56176279

>>56169991
>> Stayed stupidly loyal to the job for almost 6 years
lmao, i jump ship every time i get a better offer, this was your problem

>> No.56176363

>>56175411
Seethin incel chud.

>> No.56176385

>>56169991
>coding is REALLY fucking hard
Anon, I...

>> No.56176402

To all CS-fags reading this thread, don't be demoralized by OP. I graduated from University of Houston (literally middle of the pack, Normal State commuter school) with EE degree two years ago and had 82k job lined up before my graduation day. Every graduate with CS and engineering degree that I knew got 70k+ job almost immediately. We get outcomes report every year and for engineers + CS it is usually 98% - 99% within 6 months of graduation. If it's this good for University of Houston, it should be much better for Georgia Tech which is universally accepted as a top 10 tech school. OP is a self loathing low morale whiner, that's why he can't get any job.

>> No.56176495

>>56175437
What a whiny bitch. This time for real. Glad daddy and mommy are working for you instead

>> No.56176516

>>56175806
You moron don't even know the average ranking/value of your school, and some anon giving you this information is enough to make you confident again?
You really seem fucking clueless

>> No.56176563

>>56169991
>I suck at my job and hate it, but cant quit because it pays well

>> No.56176688

>>56169991
>all sorts of shit to do involving computers
>so many just mindlessly run straight into the coding trap
I will never understand this mindset. Unless you’re a mega autist coding fucking sucks at the best of times.
>>56175288
How many are actively going out of their way to learn legacy systems like COBOL though? Everyone and their grandma has heard of Java, Python, C, etc. but I’ve never once heard anyone so much as acknowledge COBOL, even amongst the more nerdy tech people. A lot of people don’t really understand just how much shit still runs on those old lines of code.

>> No.56176694

>>56169991
>>56170056
>Stayed stupidly loyal to the job for almost 6 years despite the constant exploitation and horrible office politics - this was the real turning point which blackpilled me on "just learn to code bro!"
> Eventually burned out and left my job,
Same thing happened to me at my first job after leaving university, the company eventually got itself into some shit and put us all on a death march project that was supposed to make people quit before they were made redundant so they didn't have to pay redundancy money. Designed by a pajeet, naturally, so it was never expected to work. Being straight out of university I hadn't learned how not to give a fuck and so burnt myself out trying to bail out a sinking ship with the equivalent of a fishing net. NEETed for 3 years afterwards to recover, did basic bitch IT admin for 7 years, then NEETed for another 5 years because basic bitch admin work is fucking tedious. Now I have another developer job but this time it's a comfy university job with nowhere near as much stress.
>>56170079
Based.

>> No.56176698

>>56169991
I love to code, have been doing it for 10 years now. Your big mistake was to go into the game industry.
Just work at a small software company that makes applications with a non formal vibe.

>> No.56176708

dont worry OP, chatGPT will replace all coders anyway soon, Indians will be obsolete

>> No.56176729

>>56170128
Chem e bro here, can confirm exactly the same story especially earlier in my career.

>> No.56176774

>>56170132
The devs that generate the spaghetti never get tired of it. They just generate more.

>> No.56176802

>>56172571
>it's so saturated you'll never find a job
Just move to Bhutan or some place that only has 3 computers in the whole country, problems weren't. So what if you aren't getting American wages, you make 100x the average local salary and have to go without McDonald burger and eat rice.

>> No.56176831

>>56171332
Based knower

What would you think of a auto shop mechanic crying and whining about how knowing the right type of screwdriver to use is just TOO FUCKING HARD? WHY CAN'T THEY ALL JUST BE FLAT HEAD?

I'm only nice to smoothbrains like OP IRL as I know these are the guys buying when I'm selling. Live a good and long life OP

>> No.56176863

>>56170128
>Be me
>be BASED Comp E bro
>company can't into a custom communication protocol
>NO off the shelf adapter
>Be me
>Be BASED af
>Lets them know that I will come up with a custom FPGA design in 6 months
>Wow, thanks anon
>Design it, build it in two weeks
>Do fuck all for rest of the time
>Works the first time it's plugged in
>Get promoted
Life's comfo for comp E bro

>> No.56176873

1pbtid
>ONE
>POST
>BY
>THIS
>ID

>200 replies

when will you faggots learn

>> No.56176979

>>56170139
Everyone uses AD. It's probably the main thing keeping corporations on Windows.

>> No.56177015

>>56175437
you are a disgrace, a fucking mental loser. Get fucked, turbo nigger.

>> No.56177022

>>56169991
I read this as codeine ruined my life and was expecting a better story.

>> No.56177142
File: 8 KB, 199x270, 23948729724397234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
I'll bait
>burnout
literally does not exist, this is just ypipo cope for being a pussy ass bitch
>I-I can't sit straight on my ass and stare at the monitor to do my job... the horrors of the office and computers SAVE ME NIGGERMAN!!
then fuck off and let people who want to do it take your place, you can go drive trucks for all I care

reminder to not fall for the "college is a meme" meme and to keep pursuing whatever you want to do in life, getting demoralized by the ai and cs is over fud is very dumb

>> No.56177429

10 yoe + state university
I made it through the first round of layoffs.
but that last delayed hike to 5 to 5.25, a week later laid off.
had 160k fully remote
got a new position after TWO WEEKS, 140k hybrid
the market is totally fucked

>> No.56177461

>>56170128
>life is comfy for mech e bros
Nigga we only get paid 65k to deal with normalfaggots and their high school politics, it's over for us

>> No.56177467

>>56177015
Idk anon he got a house for nothing, sounds like he's got it made to me. Dude should quit whining and roll with his lot in life
What is with people on this board acting like a lifetime of submission and wageslavery is now desirable? I thought the goal of people on this board was to escape waging

>> No.56177495

"Making it in stocks/crypto is too hard bro, just focus all your efforts on going to school so you can maybe get a good job if you're lucky"
What a fucking jewish thread. Herbs

>> No.56177510

>>56175263
might as well learn FORTRAN too

>> No.56177556

>>56172916
>and i work at fucking UPS
Lol same. It's hilarious seeing WFH white collar losers "stressing" of their terrible work life balance, how housing is unaffordable, etc. Meanwhile we're here stuffing 50 lb boxes in loud hot trailers for $21 an hour.

>> No.56177571

I had a coding/photoshop teacher back in high school who was making 150k, not including websites he made under the table. He got $3-4k for each on he completed and could do 1-3 a month. He got $15k for doing one for a professional business. He said it's the stupid easiest shit he has ever done. Man was a morbidly obese nigger. No excuses, get creative about finding work.

>> No.56177586

People and their parents fetishize white collar office work to the point that has been so overcrowded and competitive that they've become some of the most stressful and poorly compensated relative to skillset/effort jobs. Answering emails at 1 am and working weekends to make deadlines just so that you look slightly better than your peers for the chance of a promise that you might get a raise or promotion or won't get laid off.
People have forgotten just how mentally freeing it is to have a simple job where you're only responsible for yourself during your clocked in hours and any fuckups in your department are someone else's problem.

>> No.56177597

>>56177586
>People have forgotten just how mentally freeing it is to have a simple job where you're only responsible for yourself during your clocked in hours and any fuckups in your department are someone else's problem.
this is why I'm not desperate to get out of retail lol

>> No.56178196

>>56177571
a jeet on upwork or fiverr will make you a complete (wordpress) site for $100 and he'll work 2 weeks on it. this isn't 30 years ago anymore

>> No.56178267
File: 110 KB, 636x476, IMG_0611.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
demoralization thread lmao
buy signal
get fucked, saddies

>> No.56178343
File: 408 KB, 764x467, 1682698319169553.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56171415
He's just a loser. Devs out here raking in the cash, flexing their coding skills on a QVM blockchain like QAN, where you can code in multiple programming languages and stack those stacks.

>> No.56178459

>>56170015
I just graduated with CS degree a few months ago, me and my friends have been unable to find any jobs, we can't even get interviews.

>> No.56178481

>>56171225
we are truly fucked no matter what we do. Most business degrees are useless except for accounting.

>> No.56178496

>>56175164
why don't you hire whites then, me and my white friends fresh out of uni, aren't even getting job interviews.

>> No.56178507

>>56175231
wow, your in my situation. I swear if you are a young white male don't be expecting to even be able to get a interview in a tech company.

>> No.56178522

>>56175437
its prob because you are a white male.

>> No.56178560

>>56169991
Lol

>> No.56178587

>>56169991
The big problem is being about le code only
If you have other domain knowledge, and you can apply it in that field, you're g2g
It's like why generic data analysts are a meme now; companies don't need someone who just runs some queries and describes abstract results, they need someone who understands what they're looking at and can do EDA in-context and explore the rabbit holes they find
Same thing goes for code; everyone wants to work at Tesla/Google/Microshit, whoever, while more boring companies are paying a bit less for less work and less interview bullshit

t. did this and have several recruiters trying to poach me b/c of domain knowledge + code skillset

>> No.56178595
File: 266 KB, 521x768, 4fb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
Learn 2 grill

>> No.56178631
File: 143 KB, 931x848, 8657812312.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All coders have one year, no more than that, to have a job. Google Gemini takes 95% of coding jobs next year.

>> No.56178647

>>56172571
>don't follow this high iq meaningful intellectual pursuit that takes years to lear and master, just learn to do this low iq monkey work that an illiterate illegal immigrant can learn to do in an afternoon
Why do I keep seeing this kind of "advice" all over 4chan? Is this site just populated by literal retards?

>> No.56178659

>>56178647
>coding
>high iq meaningful intellectual pursuit that takes years to lear and master
lmfao, OK pajeet

>> No.56178665

>>56178659
>he thinks actual computer science is the same as pajeet code monkey work

>> No.56178669

>>56178665
>Le data structures and algorizms is too haaaard
lol

>> No.56178700

>>56178669
It certainly is for the average retard blue collar factory worker who comes on 4chan to tell people to "learn" to weld as if it isn't something a literal monkey could be trained to do.

>> No.56178718

>>56178700
Shut the fuck up faggot your job can literally be done by a computer now
>nooo don't learn useful trades that are always going to be essential for actually building stuff in real life, it's not heckin' intellectual enough

>> No.56178730

Bullish for CS

>> No.56178797

>>56178647
hes just a seething blue collar wagie who envies WFH CS chads who make 280k TC

>> No.56178930 [DELETED] 

>>56178718
It actually can't yet. Just like self-driving cars never fully took off.

>> No.56179007

>>56178730
True. The great midwit filter

>> No.56179191

>>56169991
So essentially you got lazy and never really pushed yourself because you've always been demoralized and defeated. And now, you're trying to spread that to others. Sounds like a skill issue.

>> No.56179272

>>56176729
fellow Chem E here. what job are you working currently?

>> No.56179545

Alright so for anyone who isn't an utter fuckwit like OP here's what ya do: Instead of hovering around FAANG applications, look up tech jobs for businesses whose primary thing isn't tech. This means insurance, retail companies, banks,etc. They still need databases n shit but since CS isn't their bread and butter the barrier for entry is much lower so long as you fluff up your resume with BS projects/internships if you managed to get those. Bonus points if it's a company that existed before computers took off and there's 50 layers of red tape managers have to cut through to get you any work so you rarely actually do anything. Brush up on leetcode for the code sections of the interview and write up some answers to common interview questions ahead of time on a separate window/screen from the zoom call so you don't sperg out during the HR personality test portion. If you think you're gonna sperg the first few times try to apply for companies you don't give a shit about first for a practice run, worst case scenario they say no like everyone else but they might offer a job anyway. Once you get the job, DON'T QUIT DUE TO "BURNOUT". If they job's that bad start applying to other jobs while still employed and see if job 2 is any better. Go with WFH if you can so you can potentially get 2 salaries at once

>> No.56179563
File: 133 KB, 828x1348, 58F84F60-F126-4703-A974-D0F190850730.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Becoming a successful coder is like becoming a professional footballer.

It is hyper competitive often the biggest talents (top 20%) have coded since they were like 7 and they finally land a stable job with a permanent contract that pays 80k at like age 29-30.

>> No.56179581

>>56170104
>imagine not earning 300k/yr
why even live?

>> No.56179586

I was good at math back in middle school, therefore Im the next bill gates

>> No.56179725

>>56169991
I did similiar stuff and just made my own fucking gamaes from day one. Just make nice little games for Steam, Android/iOS and do some grunt work to pay the bills. I worked in an office a few times, sucked because of normies and typical wage cuck psychos and I just left. There is always somethign on the internet to make money. You can also jsut start doing test/debug/user test. Wttf. Are you lying to us? You can also just use unemployment money to pay for your development cost for your game.

>> No.56179900

I am in Europe but I have never had any issues in getting a coding job. I just accepted a job in Japan and will relocate in a month, no problem there either, I have like 4-5 years of exp.
Most of the candidates are just shit, especially for many of the international jobs they cannot communicate well enough, and many with React in their CV take 30min to write a method that uses useState. Media trumpeted coding for a long time, but the fact is that some people are just not qualified for it
Also the marker is quite bad not relative to what it was some time ago..

>> No.56179941

>>56179900
Do you speak Japanese already? I have a hard time believing that they'll import a gaijin who doesn't speak the language to come work for them instead of just doing remote or something

>> No.56179962

>>56179581

>not making 600k

Why even live?

>> No.56180343
File: 6 KB, 224x225, happy donald.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
I lift steel bars for a living and operate an overhead crane. There will always be jobs for me, my job is relaxing, gets me some solid exercise and I get good benefits. Plus my boss and supervisors are based and are all unvaxxed Trumptards who give me a nice fat bonus end of the year. God I love being a Canadian redneck.

>> No.56180347

>>56179941
Little japanese but very low level, and yes, many of the companies will import foreigners because there aren't that many good developers. They literally have recruitment in India college campuses. These companies will take care of the visa, relocation, everything. The good companies are usually at least half english/half japanese, if not completely english. Or they might have like tokyo office english, others japanese
Japan is one of the easiest countries to immigrate in terms of law if you have education and/or experience

>> No.56180446
File: 9 KB, 222x227, 1684648827031387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56180347
Holy shit, I need to try this. Finally, all those years AJATTing in high school will have been good for something other than reading hentai. 行くぜ!

>> No.56180790

>>56169991
Couldn’t be as bad as me. I’ve was welding for about 7 years after I got out of the military. Now, at the age of 34 I’ll be graduating in December with a degree in agricultural science. I’m not even exactly sure what I’m going to do with it.. maybe research associate or agronomist.. point is, I wish I had buckled down in my 20’s and gotten my degree then. All those years of welding gave me health problems and now I’m starting a career over from scratch.

>> No.56180810

>>56175357
thank you godspeed

>> No.56180833

>>56175381
For resume gaps just put that you worked for a certain company and had to sign an NDA. Makes you look sexy to the hr roasty too

>> No.56180883

>>56171199
Elaborate anon.
>for someone who fell for comsci meme

>> No.56180924

Wow, looks like this thread blew up past anything I could've ever imagined. I didn't know coding was this sacred to biz gentlesirs.

Anyways, after seeing a number of comments degrading me, it only confirms that I made the right choice leaving the whole space for good. I'd like to thank all of you for inspiring me to look to brand new horizons. :)

>> No.56180938

>>56175164
Anon, let me tap in. I’m finishing my current project for my boss then dipping to get something much better paying (and adding more business apps on my portfolio).

>> No.56180942

>>56172839
>i don't want to work around guys with tattoos who swear excessively
Don't be such a pussy, those guys are the best.
I understand not wanting to do blue collar shit though, I dropped out of university and became an electrician for a weak. I hated it so much that I went back and got straight A's for a year.

>> No.56180965

>>56179962
>not making 1200k

>> No.56181033

>>56178587
Is a Bioinformatics Data Analyst desirable? I’m getting paid decently by the hospital research lab I work at but I did my masters here which is why I got the job

>> No.56181090

>>56175224
ever heard of TORRENTS, YOU ABSOLUTE MONKEY. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.56181131

>>56175669
it probably cuz u are a nigger and nobody really hire niggers in cs

>> No.56181143

>>56175164
>junior pajeets talk in unintelligible gibberish engrish mixed with their local village's accent and write shit code
>senior pajeets are not-fun-allowed enslavers who will micromanage your ass because their job security and residency are directly tied to the performance of those under him
Fuck pooniggers I'm glad they are veto'd from getting green cards.

>> No.56181185
File: 26 KB, 319x335, ErNrXG6VgAANX81.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hi /biz/
statistician here.
god bless this coding meme, every person i know has specialized in those AI/ML shit and everyone stopped caring about time series analysis and stochastic calculus/stochastic processes.
basically, everyone is still following the trend of the year and i'm having 0 competition in doing good old classic probability/statistics.

>> No.56181198

>>56175781
>>56175806
yo dumb fuck
get ur info straight
cmu is right after mit same as berkly and stanford
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/computer-science-overall
gtech is nowhere to be found

>> No.56181213

>>56181198
gtech same as cornel and caltech ?
something got to be wrong
maybe too much nigger pampering ?

>> No.56181225

>>56181185
Any kind of actual application of math and stats in coding is the ultimate midwit check. It is scary how even people with masters in stem cannot perform basic statistical data analysis.

Your job is safe, unless you have retard managers who'd fall for the chatgpt meme in an attempt to cut costs

>> No.56181226

>>56175771
its #6
seems to be nigger tokened

>> No.56181333

>>56180343
you will be replaced by a poo robot

>> No.56181362

>>56177571
>/photoshop
>nigger
not a real job
could be mega token of some sort

>> No.56181442

>>56176133
>made good bets
>down 50% from my portfolio top
u are a dumbass

>> No.56181530

>>56175456
>zoomers, who are barely in their 20s right now corporatized the internet
>not the gen x/millenial sellouts who actually whored out to boomer corpos
go fuck yourself

>> No.56181549

>>56181530
don't be mad at bot
not all z are the same
some actually know their shits and works hard
don't the bot jew meme on 4chan fool u

>> No.56181726
File: 2.93 MB, 720x1280, 1668292635999386.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
This is a demoralization thread, r-right?
t. dropped out of college 5 time and am just coming back to finish my comp sci degree...I've 1.5 years left

>> No.56181827
File: 1.93 MB, 2448x3264, 2guys1week.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56170128
I prefer getting dirty and actually welding the pipes myself (nobody else can do it right, yknow) but yeah the pay is great

>> No.56181833

>>56171244
Which company apart from those ?
Why is the attrition rate high ?
Do they allow wfh ?

>> No.56181864

>>56176402
2 years ago is a completely different scenario than today

>> No.56181867

>>56181530
Zoomers corporatized the internet by mindlessly forking over views/money to corporate content.
Zoomer internet is where people like Mr. Beast and pseudo-authentic corporate stooges like penguinz0 and sniperwolf flourish. The zoomer brain is too fucking stupid to understand to differentiate between reality and illusion.

>> No.56181873

>>56176698
>Just work at a small software company that makes applications with a non formal vibe.
no small company makes apps with a "normal" vibe

>> No.56181884

>>56179900
are you really boasting about moving to japan as a programmer ?

Programmers are literally janitors in japan.

>> No.56181894
File: 7 KB, 185x273, IMG_0511.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
Coding is ironically the worst position to enter tech as due to the fat that most companies outsource to pajeets and now chat got for low level coding. CS is still relevant for network or system engineering. TLDR I’m doing fine as a network engineer

>> No.56181905

>>56169991
Yeah, learn to code is one of the biggest memes. If you're not really smart and really driven, just give up now and go for trades or something. AI can't kill plumbers.

>> No.56181916

Wan't my advice? Use the CS Major you got to get a tech support / infra job. Yes, it will likely pay way less you used to be paid before, but it is (in my experience) easy and comfy. You may get a work from home job and even if you need to go the office is no big deal, plus with your major in CS it's gonna be a piece of cake to find anew job.

>> No.56181917

>>56181894
you are right. Anyone with a little bit of brain can extrapolate and imagine what it's going to be like in 10 years. AI is going to be doing a lot of the coding and any manual work is going to be outsourced, maybe companies will have a handful of coders and that's it. I would put my bet on networking and cybersecurity as future proof fields.

>> No.56181936

>>56181905
>If you're not really smart and really driven
it has nothing to do with being smart or driven.

10 years ago you could study CS and land a comfy job right away at microsoft or facebook as a junior.

now the competition is fierce.
it's literally amount of available jobs vs amount of candidates.

>> No.56181943

>>56181936
>driven
>studying just to become a wage slave
Reading comprehension, batman.
https://news.tonydinh.com/p/my-solopreneur-story-zero-to-45kmo

>> No.56181946
File: 7 KB, 259x194, IMG_0412.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56181917
Agreed everyone is moving to platform based coding solutions as well. Like why do I need a guy that knows cfuck+ when I can use a ui to drag and drop functions? Ai will never walk into a comm closet and install switches, routers, run fiber install on prem servers ect….

>> No.56181974

>>56181943
Do you know what survivorship bias means ?
95% of developers NEED a normal job because they haven't had success with any of their own products. Go ahead try it and see if you can make 50k a month from shitty apps.

>> No.56181989

>>56170336
>You basically have a month from fired -> homeless
What? Do you have absolutely nothing saved up and no emergency fund?

>> No.56181991

>>56181974
Like I said, if you're not smart or driven enough, you can't do it.

>> No.56182019

>>56181991
has nothing to do with being smart or driven. I know devs who have released all sorts of apps and still have to wage slave.

>> No.56182031

I’m working as DBA in logistics in Tokyo for 8 years and it’s incredibly easy and comfy. 50% WFH after covid and I barely work more than 1-2 hours per day, mostly just browsing.

>> No.56182033

>>56182019
Not my fault your apps suck

>> No.56182081

>>56169991
this but with math

>> No.56182092

>>56169991
that sucks, but the problem is working for an employer. you are suppose to work for yourself. the whole point of school it to paralyze your brain so you cant think. you need to work how to undo this. read john taylor gatto "dumbing us down" he also did a 5 hour interview on youtube, you have to learn how to interact with the market directly like God intended

>> No.56182101

>>56169991
All this and you still didn't post your salary to compare your misery to

>> No.56182142

>>56181989
75% of American adults can't handle a $400 emergency. What do you think?

>> No.56182153

>>56169991
Coding is fun and pretty chill if you know what you are doing. It's brutal the first 2 years then it gets better as you get faster and make less mistakes.
>coder, 5 years professional experience

>> No.56182197

>>56181943
Idk, seems like a genius to me. It's hard to find product ideas like he does.

>> No.56182241

>>56169991
>> Stayed stupidly loyal to the job for almost 6 years despite the constant exploitation and horrible office politics
Imagine being this retarded. KWAB

>> No.56182242

>>56175372
>interpretative software is making coding skills obsolete.

even if this were true (it's not) you still need to pay people to manage all that information and detail about your software even if it's "no code". see analyts who manage spreadsheets.

also coding is easy. it's what you do with coding that requires expertise. generally good programmers know math and science so they can model things from the real world in the computer. nobody is replacing that skills

>clients want the cheapest code monkeys

notice that you work in services. the most valuable programmers work in products. whe you compete with the whole world a marginal improvement can mean exponential gain. so they pay a lot for the best programmers.

>> No.56182258

>>56170128
the only problem is that this is the entire mech e industry:

- using premade spreadsheets instead of making your own models or doing math
- editing cad files someone else already wrote
- updating existing product lines and processes

literally nobody is making anything new. the entire field is in maintenance mode and generations of knowledge have been lost.

>> No.56182280

>>56170756
This as well. and finding these opportunities is mostly about proximity

>>56170723
There is another reason: compliance. this may be legal. this may be to please investors, this may be to hit a diversity quota.

I worked at a startup where probably 60% of the people were doing nothing and they existed so the leadership could hit hiring numbers that the VCs set.

>> No.56182667

>>56181185
what kind of jobs or positions are even available for statisticians?

>> No.56182740
File: 2.38 MB, 3264x2448, IMG20230630132748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56182258
>the entire field is in maintenance mode
Damn this is so true. There's a definite skill issue at play, hardly anyone was trained in 3 decades because it was easier to import already qualified foreigners. Now the reality is starting to set in that this was really fucking short sighted, and the wells are drying up.
Then there's the issue of complexity, systems are more complicated than ever, compounding the lack of talent. You might be a maintenance fitter who learned how to build and maintain hydraulic systems on mine sites, and you're expected to troubleshoot a computer controlled pneumatic bagging system in a cookie factory.
tldr if you've got any degree of practical talent, be it troubleshooting, welding, fixing electronic systems.. there's a massive shortage, and you can make a good income with no formal qualifications once you have a reputation

>> No.56182784

> be me
> graduate with 3.0 from Mid Tier University in IT sec
> get entry Job immediatly at corporate
> live in germany. Getting cucked by huge taxes, but got free health insurance
> started 60k europoor currency
> worst raise per year was around 8% going on for 3 years now
> got 36 off days cause of Union contract
> 100% home Office Tastes Really good
> working only a few hours per Day to satisfy customers. Rest is nearly Do what you want
> saving money and time for Not commuting. Got time for daily fresh cooked meals, lot of Breaks and daily workouts
> getting multiple high Cost Training like cissp and cism for free
> no regrets for Leaving Company if i got a better Job offer

Live is gud

>> No.56182943

>>56170208
idiot strategy
>be not that great at coding
>join high pressure desirable company based purely around coding
vs winning strategy (me)
>not that great at coding, dont even have degree in coding (have a degree in law)
>work at bank where I am indispensable and well paid, but most of the company doesnt do coding
literally all companies need codemonkeys now, why would you work at a company demansinf genius codemonkeys when you can just maintain a repo or add the occasional button for a non-tech corporation.

>> No.56183024
File: 160 KB, 372x447, 1673617672529844.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
Bro.
You know you can be a REAL engineer right? You don't have to be a codemonkey indian. We've got bridges and submarines to build bro. Leave jeet keyboard mashing behind.

>> No.56183039

>>56182667
many really, it depends on what you specialize in
you can expect to work for big pharma (they need experts in stat tests) or finance (quant/actuary) or consulting usually with a master. or you can just find a job as data analyst with a bachelor. with phd you can go in other fields too

>> No.56183161

>>56175750
>georgia tech is one of the best engineering schools in the country. like top 5. going to a good school guarantees nothing though
I went to uchicago. We had a side group that did leetcode problems in the early 2010s on campus.

It was not part of the formal program. This group self formed and is sizeable within big tech today.

>> No.56183205
File: 1.11 MB, 634x359, ghost blast.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56172677
I'm a retard that gets laid and I've made like 150 games and worked at microsoft, what now honkdog?

>> No.56183254

>>56170120
There are millions and millions of youtube videos on everything related to virtually any piece of software you can imagine.
Literally.
Huge numbers of these things can be run in vm environments like aws for free or pennies a week on t2 micros instances.
The real problem is figuring out which thing to learn first.

>> No.56183274

>>56171475
The amount of code that is written from and actual blank page in an editor is probably very close to zero. Everything starts by copying tons of shit done by others already, everything, and i am bit even talking about libraries.

>> No.56183275

>>56172163
Chatgpt is, at its very best writing fivver level code.
Its actual trash, but to someone who cant program it seems like magic.

>> No.56183354

>>56181917
It's not like programming is that hard to begin with.
Anyone who can usefully develop software using AI could be doing it today with Google. The same psychological division still exists between these people and AI cannot overcome it.

>> No.56183385

>>56170015
kek this. Zoomers thought they'd walk into 300k salaries and are just finding out it's not true. Enjoy the rest of your hair broccoli heads.

>> No.56183446

>>56169991
If you didnt know coding was hard, you're a retard and shouldn't have gone to college in the first place. Fuck did you think was gonna happen? Four years of sitting on your fat lazy ass doing nothing and then presto, you've got a six-figure salary job that requires no effort?

Shits hard, dumbass. You couldve figured that out back in high school. Its not like you were too busy studying.

>> No.56183463

>>56178459
If they thought you valuable things in HS, you would be clever enough to assess the simple stuff.
Such as University should not be undertaken until after you are 25 (unless choosing something of strict value - The math triad: Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics; The Medics (Medicine, Pharma, Nursing); The Cleaners (Law).

Asides from that, the rest is superfluous.

>> No.56183506

oh yea coding is so hard

>opens chatgpt 4
>enters code literally anything pls
>outputs perfectly working code
>copy & paste

done for today

>> No.56183572

>>56183506
> solving programs that are so common that a pattern matching bot has seen the solution a million times

>> No.56183578
File: 40 KB, 626x417, african-american-black-woman-coder-programmer-using-computer-coding-screen-with-code-lines-copyspace-generative-ai_117038-5538.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56169991
skill issue and low IQ, here's my story:
> coding skills were aways good
> graduated
> first job was a shitty IT support, highly underpaid
> didn't care, kept studying coding, making my own apps
> after 6 months got enough experience to land a real developer job
> covid
> job is now wfh
> tech boom made me get a couple of promotions, now my salary is way above average
> job is so easy I can literally finish my weekly tasks in like 2 hours and just sleep an play videogames, would only have to attend 30 minutes daily meetings
> figured out you can get multiple jobs with no consequences
> got my second remote job
> almost as easy as the other one
> now I'm literally top 95% of my country in income
> earning so much I'm investing 75% of my income towards my early retirement (in 10 years I will be multi-millionaire)
> literally being paid to play videogames, sleep and bang my wife during worktime
let me guess, your "coding" role was web design?
> pic related is you

>> No.56183581

>>56169991
tl;dr

>> No.56183619

>GPA too shit to get into CS at my university, which was very competitive at the time
>went into statistics instead
>practice not being a mong when it comes to explaining insights to other people
>become a comfy mid-level DS in a few years

Turns out I made the right choice being a lazy retard in school, otherwise I'd be unemployed right now.

>> No.56183661

>>56181936
>10 years ago you could study CS and land a comfy job right away at microsoft or facebook as a junior.
uhhh no. you always had to leetcode through even 10 years ago.
2021 was such an insanely good market though, you had facebook and amazon skipping timed leetcode rounds in lieu of a passed take home assessment (for new grads).

>> No.56183677

>>56183661
>2021
if you didn't make it in 2021, you will never make it

companies went all in and I was almost getting sexually assaulted by HR whores on Linkedin every single day

>> No.56183792

>>56181726
>video
WTF is going on here lmao

>> No.56184045

>>56183619
Competitive people seem to be really good at competing themselves to the grave.

>> No.56184347

>>56177571
this is ur nigger
http://www.richardharrington.com/training-bio
mega token downlow nigger !!!

>> No.56184360

>>56169991
What you should do is get a half time job and just coast by while spending all your free time coding your own game.

>> No.56184404

>>56183677
fucking reddit spacing bot

>> No.56184419

>>56169991
>go to college, major in computer engineering
>leave after a year because pace is too slow
>develop websites
>spend 10 years running websites, learning to code even more
>retire at 35 w/ wife, kids
>run websites for fun now still earning money
i could be autistic though as i code in notepad and use depreciated software

>> No.56184433

>>56169991
IDK man. Your original intentions for learning coding were noble imo. I think what you ran up against is that the system is pretty much rigged; tech oligarchs have figured out what generates profit in tech and have figured out how to extract the most labor out of the people who are able to do the work. You got torn from your original dream into something that basically amounted to factory work on a computer, and pressed against the grindstone until you had no more to give. Your story is not unique, but that doesn't make it any less depressing.
The problem isn't coding, it isn't really even you. It's the abusive relationship between employer and employee. There exists a way for you to do what you originally wanted to, it's just not possible as long as the framework for these abuses exist.

>> No.56184444

>>56184419
>leave after a year because pace is too slow
>computer engineering
another stupid bot can't pattern matching with common sense

>> No.56184446

>>56184419
Sounds nice, how are you monetizing?

>> No.56184473

>>56181225
you simply forget shit. Like basic stats np but i cant do markov chains anymore. Forget how it works.
Then again a lot of data science doesnt take real knowledge. You can apply your ICA/PCA in R with rough understanding what it does and not worry about not remembering how it works.

>> No.56184479

>>56169991
>going into cs for gamedev

rip, truly the most abused and oppressed of devs.

>> No.56184521

>>56184446
originally started with adsense and CPM networks working my way up to the top ones at the time. i was eventually banned from adsense a couple times but too lazy to appeal again, lifetime adsense earnings were probably 900k. i now do affiliate offers for finance and crypto projects. i do try to only promote legit offers like cc sign ups or amazon prime sign up or crypto.com sign ups.

one piece of advise for anyone reading is to just push out your projects as soon as possible, have people use them when they are broken and incomplete and just iterate for whatever metric you think matters views/registered users/money made per user. ive probably made 100s of websites and maybe 5 or less made the bulk of my income.

>> No.56184525

>>56184521
jew scam bot

>> No.56184559

>>56183275
To me this is a worthless comment. "It's not good for the most elite level code." Ok, I said it's good at teaching people to program. I didn't say it replaces the most elite humans. I love being able to ask chat questions like "why might we see error x" when working in some new editor or something. If you ask a programmer that question they say "the error is what the error message says it is." Thanks faggot. Then you ask chat and it gives you 10 reasons why that error might trigger. Programmers are often obtuse and useless to speak to. I love that chatgpt has replaced the need for like 80% of stackOverflow.

>> No.56184678

>>56184559
>I said it's good at teaching people to program.
it doesnt cause it generates errors. Bugfixing code is beyond beginner territory and certainly not teaching material.

The best use of it is for "i dont know commands let chatgpt find them".

>> No.56184702

is it worth it to study coding on the side for the capabilities and skills?

>> No.56184750

>>56184678
You're just wrong. Even saying bug fixing is beyond beginners. That's just stupid.

>> No.56184775

>>56184702
Yes. If there's anything you're interested in creating that requires programming, use it to guide self-education in your spare time.

It's how I ended up in this career.

>> No.56184803

>>56184750
Bug fixing is more difficult than learning from working code. You dont learn medicine by starting with open heart surgery. It obviously worse.

>> No.56184827

>>56184678
I agree with this. I used ChatGPT for learning various math-related subjects and it gets stuff wrong all the time. It's still useful but you have to be careful with it.

>> No.56184936

>>56184775
>Yes. If there's anything you're interested in creating that requires programming
I'm more of a guy of just getting into learning a skill where it seems there is a pot of gold on the other side, but I don't know for sure what it is yet. I don't know what projects or things I could do if I knew more programming than basic "print: "hello world."
Right now I only want to get my shit together, and start making money. My plan is to start working full time, and hopefully I'll have two hours here and there sometimes to practice and learn skills at home.

>It's how I ended up in this career.
What career?

>> No.56185134

>>56184936
I wouldn't advise pursuing it -strictly- for the money. You need at least a little bit of passion or autistic curiosity to keep you going when things get difficult.

Also, two hours isn't quite enough if you're just getting into things. It's fine for daily lessons or simple coursework, when dealing with flow states and deep dives into solving problems, you'd be well served to set aside larger blocks of time.

>I don't know what projects or things I could do if I knew more programming than basic "print: "hello world."
The sky's really the limit here. Anything - application or webapp, game, simulation, concept - you wish you had on hand or existed. Hell, reinvent the wheel for something that already exists and try to make it a little more to your liking.

>What career?
Software engineer.

>> No.56185212

>>56184803
First, for the level you're talking about that debugging is too hard, that's like, week 1 programmers. Chat can handle week 1 programming without making mistakes.

2nd - Chat can raise and lower the level of difficulty based on needs. You can learn a new design pattern from a book that is spread across 20 pages and is written in some language you don't know but can kind of read and it's super dry example, or chat can write one out for you using Mario characters. You can ask it why and when to implement the pattern. When it's beneficial. You can then change the example to use a car instead of mario and it re-writes it. You can't just find this in a text book or anywhere online without spending a ton of time searching.

Like it's kind of funny. You say it can't handle basic learning, the other guy says it's useless because it can't handle the most extreme code. Meanwhile I've seen it teach beginners, and I use it all the time at a more moderate level.

If you can't get chat GPT to teach far faster than a book or stack overflow you're probably just unable to verbalize what it is you're trying to learn. You're not smart enough to actually ask a proper question. So ya in fairness if you're stupid chat isn't as big of a help. Or ya, you're at a very high level. But even at a high level asking chat to carry out some mundane tasks might have use.

>> No.56185223

>>56184827
I mean I guess I come at it from a standpoint of myself not being a retard. Maybe I'm under estimating how many retards try it and find it's not retard proof.

>> No.56185250

>>56185134
>Also, two hours isn't quite enough if you're just getting into things
I'm NEETING rn, and hopefully will be full time soon. I don't know how my schedule will look like, but I guessed that I could probably pull 2 extra hours after work on studying, before burning out for the day. I realize I can't expect to acquire professional skills without deeply diving into it. I'm more interested in being able to do more and more stuff. I've been experimenting with chatbots and image generation lately. With the immense push for "AI", the potential is obvious to me that right now is the time to spend at least some time per week learning shit on the computer

>Software engineer
Awesome, and thanks for hooking me up

>> No.56185384

>>56185212
Finding things fast is exactly what i would use it for. Its essentially a better search engine.

The problem with fixing errors is it requires knowledge to figure out what the error is. A real beginner doesn't know how things are supposed to work and therefore cant tell what's valid and what's wrong. There are also errors you can't figure out easily like archaic stupid shit "you have to call this init method before this init method and if you do it wrong order it will mess up things elsewhere without any hint at the source".

And i believe the other guy "extreme code" will be likely valid simply because chatgtp is based on what internet provides. If he is really sitting in some fringe niche then the internet will provide nothing. So it cant deliver anything good either.

I think of it like a secretary. Its more efficient than googling yourself but you still need to verify everything.

>> No.56185786

>>56182142
why are Americans so bad with their money?

>> No.56186392

>>56185786
They are purposefully not taught how to financially plan because its against the governments interests in both taxes and economic stimulation. Consumerist societies are more advanced and better off than non-consumerist societies for that exact reason. That and the way the American economic system is set-up to suck people dry continuously rather than tax the rich too much or corporations. Downside is that it slowly destroys the middle class and only leaves you with rich people who will leave if you tax them too much and poor people who have no money to begin with.

>> No.56186473

>>56181530
>zoomers, who are barely in their 20s right now corporatized the internet
The oldest zoomer is 28 now

>> No.56186522

>>56181530
THe internet was corporate before the millenials were around, just less so. What the millenials did was make corporations "moral". Before they didn't give 2 fucks what you were doing or if you were breaking the law as long as they couldn't be blamed for it. When millenials started to bulk out the workforce they started to advocate and demand that companies start taking moral stands and political stands on things, so wel... Over time they did and look at where we are now. Zoomers aren't going to help as they mindlessly feed into it because they don't give two fucks about anything now, but they honest have bigger problems now. They grew up with high speed internet so they treat their friendships as disposable and its making a lot of them mentally ill.

>> No.56186667

>>56186522
Corps didn't become moral. Jews figured out that if they rule corporations they can persecute whoever they want pretty much without limit. Speak against Jewish atrocity? No airplanes or bank account for you!

>> No.56186796

the bots talks like pajeets
must be poo bots lol !!!

>> No.56186907

>>56181974
>>56182019
If you can’t succeed in business are you really smart and driven?

>> No.56187048

>>56186907
Succeeding in business generally requires people skills. Just just a little extraversion and the ability to talk to people, but a genuine savvy with engaging lots of them strategically. This is a rarity among even talented developers.

>> No.56187055

>>56187048
*not just

>> No.56187129

>>56186667
that doesn't make sense considering that in most countries in the 1st world its illegal to deny the holocaust.