[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 523 KB, 1000x1512, autism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55894554 No.55894554 [Reply] [Original]

I'm not the only one, and this IS related to the board. How do we get jobs when we are too awkward to interact with other human beings? If you were in this situation, how did you skip NEETdom?

>> No.55894577

>>55894554
Do tradeswork. Star workin as a metal worker RIGHT NOW. Only high status work requires social skills and charisma.

>> No.55894632

>>55894554
you mean unironic, you fakecel?

>> No.55894641

>>55894554
ironic autists are literally just low IQ pretendtards

>> No.55895666
File: 89 KB, 1024x1007, 6CC593EC-549F-4815-9ACA-8CD713BACAFE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55894632
Who the fuck would pretend to be an autist? This shit fucking sucks. Even if you learn how to read people after years, you still spill your fucking spaghetti when you encounter a social situation you have no context for.

>> No.55895677

>>55894554
Post office

>> No.55895685

>>55895666
literally everyone and their mother calls themselves an autist online when in reality they are just socially awkward or a boring person.

>> No.55895705
File: 383 KB, 720x536, Screenshot_20230820-200957.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55894554
Oberstein you autisticuck.

>> No.55895719

>>55895666
Ive pretended to be an autistic for 30 years so my family gives me free food housing and money. Not gonna lie, its pretty sweet

>> No.55896696
File: 37 KB, 640x480, 1523849632414.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55895666

Playing up the 'tism and acting like a genuine retard is one of my favorite workplace tactics. You never get shitty work piled onto you because they think you'll be too incompetent to handle it but they'll also be afraid to get rid of you lest they get the shit sued out of them.

>> No.55896734

>>55895705
He did nothing wrong

>> No.55896846
File: 99 KB, 1029x864, bolsonaro kfc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55894554
I went to the military and just omitted my autism during the muster (I also lied about my eyesight, chronic depression, suicidal thoughts and racism) because I would genuinely rather starve than write resumes. It was the worst time of my life and I thought daily about killing myself but they thankfully threw me out when I refused to get the vaxx.
I've been living of options trading since then and don't know what to do next. I thought about going to uni and getting a degree to pursue academia but right now I live in a comfy lonely house in the country and I don't want to move back into the hustle and bustle.

>> No.55896944

>>55894554
I work as a software analyst and I am very acoustic. Over the years I learned to use a facade when doing work related interactions but is very draining and long meetings can be very distressful specially when people begin bringing off topics. Also normies will know you are faking after a couple of minutes of personal direct interaction so limit any non work related interaction to prevent dropping the spaghetti.

>> No.55897249

>>55894554
Do IT. To get jobs in IT, find online chatrooms where people who work on IT idle, become friends with them and network your way into a job

>> No.55897478

>>55896846
>to pursue academia
you are just jumping into a different hell there anon, stay out of academia there is no reward in it at all

>> No.55897498

>>55894554
L2code isn’t just a meme. Usually the only human interaction required for my job is a 5-10 minute video call in the morning. Not even an autist and I hate this lifestyle but it’s very well paid and you guys would probably find it bearable

>> No.55897875

>>55897249
>find online chatrooms where people who work on IT idle
I don't use discord though. If I were a social animal I wouldn't even need to make this thread to begin with.

>> No.55897987

>>55894554
At a point I had social anxiety so badly I could not even speak to a cashier at the store without shaking and stuttering. Ofc it was especially bad with females. I enrolled in tradeschool (obviously 90% men) and spent two years falling on my face and making an ass out of myself before I figured out how to talk to other men. From there I got on dating websites and got experience talking to women. It sucked but I'm over it all now and thank god for that. Socializing is really not that complicated. Look at all the morons who can do it. I'd suggest getting an entry level job at a busy restaurant. You can tell your manager about your issue at the job interview, but don't tell anyone else. Expect to be rejected many times. I had a manager tell me to my face that she can't hire somebody like me because I'd scare the customers. But once somebody lets you on board, just focus on your work. It'll be simple shit you are capable of, like cleaning and making fucking tacos. If you are helpful and work hard, most people don't really care if you're weird. You might get picked on a little for awhile, but just shake it off man. You don't have to play that game and make yourself into a game for jerks. Generally, being at work isn't like school where everyone is strutting and competing for attention. There's no time for that shit. People have bills to pay. Find your confidence through hard work. Things will fall into place on their own from there

>> No.55898001

>>55897987
One thing I learned: Most social interaction is superficial. People aren't that interested in you personally. You're an NPC to them. You just have to learn how to improvise the expected, scripted responses to a relatively small set of the usual questions that people ask somebody new who they're just meeting. It's simple. It's also helpful to learn how to take interest in other people's lives and their perspectives on things. Also, its helpful if you can find something in them or about them that you can take interest in, and prompt them to talk about themselves. "How long have you worked here?" "How do you like the job" "Where did you work before here?" "What was that place like?"

>> No.55898112

>>55897987
>had a manager tell me to my face that she can't hire somebody like me because I'd scare the customers. But once somebody lets you on board, just focus on your work.
That's courageous, I wouldn't be able to go around finding a when I know people will straight reject me. I wouldn't even bother to tell the truth, though lying is even more difficult.

>> No.55898813

>>55898112
I wasn't prepared for it, either. I didn't expect it. So it wasn't courageous. To be specific, she didn't even say it to me directly. She dual-interviewed me and another candidate (a teenage girl much younger than me) at the ame time. And she said as much about me TO the girl, right in front of me. It was humiliating. I was depressed and furious for weeks. I wanted to kill her. But now that you know its possible for such a ruthless reaction to occur, you can prepare yourself for the situation and avoid the emotional fallout. Her perspective, as well, is not without reason. I was not a desirable employee given the extent of my issues. That is true.

But whether or not people approve of it, people like you and me exist in todays world, and this trend exists for a reason. Merely the fact that we are talking indicates that it's not entirely rare or exceptional. Therefore, our limitations in this regard are likely not entirely a result of our personal failures, and as such we do not deserve to be mocked or mistreated by others for our suffering. For whatever extent we ourselves are responsible for our issues, the suffering and limitations in our lives are punishment enough. Accepting this fact, you are now free to disregard the threat of others telling you or treating you like you are worthy of mistreatment. You aren't. As long as you are certain about your own goals for yourself, others condemnation of your life situation becomes less meaningful. Make a decision now that discomfort is not going to stop you from empowering yourself to learn to function in society. Give yourself the freedom to try and fail. It's a long, hard road. But it's the only way.

For an easier on-ramp, maybe try to find programs for drug addicts, felons, and homeless that connect them with employers. There are more despicable people than us who are eligible for assistance reintegrating into society, and I'm sure such organizations would be wiling to help you, too.

>> No.55900329

>>55898813
Wise words.