[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 238 KB, 750x604, 4CAC2883-EF6C-4FA6-8A04-86EBCD1A7714.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55883866 No.55883866 [Reply] [Original]

>Finally manage to get office job at Globohomo Inc. after 29272182718 applications, 5 years of uni and 5 rounds of interviews
>It’s literally just normies who come in at 9 AM and leave at 3 PM with two days working home a week
>All they do is just meetings and Microsoft office
Why the hell do they gate this shit behind 92836181631 requirements when it is easy as hell

>> No.55883874

>>55883866
Years of diversity and zero interest rates have not been good to economic discernment

>> No.55883883

>>55883866
Because most people need to do deadass pleb jobs so they can sip moccha lattes on ms meetings and pretend to work. Congrats, you're part of the 21st century petit-burgeoise (or however it's fucking spelled) now

>> No.55883887

>>55883866
How much are you getting paid?

>> No.55883896

>>55883887
About 70k a year. Not a lot but beats slaving at McJew for 10$/hour I guess.

>> No.55883906

>>55883866
you will burn/bore out within 6 months.
start looking for something that isn't globohomer Inc

>> No.55883931

>>55883866
the gatekeeping is literally the point of these structures
everyone serious knows <2% of white collar workers account for >50% of the meaningful work
most white collar jobs are a way for social parasites to latch on the productive output of those few useful people
it's not just about money. even a parasite needs to feel useful, too. so they get together to prop each other up through this common narrative

>> No.55883962

>>55883866
What do you actually do
What degree do you have
Did u have work experience

>> No.55883963
File: 48 KB, 498x573, 1691928030441900.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55883866

Credentialism (look it up).

It's basically a way to keep competition in your profession lower so you have a higher chance of keeping your job and having a higher wage/salary. It's very similar to how guilds operated hundreds of years ago. Ironically, corporations get around this by either importing millions of illegal immigrants and paying them under-the-table, or hiring outside educated foreigners with visas. It's just another way to keep poor people down and keep the elites up.

As an example; to be a financial advisor, you are required by law to have a Series 7 certification. On top of that, no brokerage firm will hire you unless you have a Bachelors Degree in finance, economics, buisness, accounting, or law. It used to be you couldn't even get a Series 7 unless you already were being sponsored by and working for a brokerage firm, or investment bank. FINRA recently changed that, but it doesn't matter. Without a degree, no company will hire you, period.

So, now if you just want to be a basic financial advisor (with shitty starting pay, usually around $45k - $50k), working with clients at a little office somewhere, you need to spend over $120k and 5 - 6 years of schooling, just to get a Bachelors Degree. Then on top of that, you have to pay again and take a Series 7 test. Then if you want to get a better job position with a better raise, you have to pay to take even more tests to get a CFA, or CPA.

It's just a way to keep competition out.

>> No.55883986

>>55883963
I'd counter and say its because humans are pieces of shit and unless you go through gruelling hoop jumping to prove you have done what you say you can and have accredition to prove it then there will be hacks and snake oil dickheads at every turn

Psychopaths LOVE fucking people over in jobs that require little to no accredition like sales and you have to keep these untrained scammer scumbags out by making people jump through hoops to prove they know what they say they claim to know

Imagine a world where your financial advisor is that cryptobro scammer on youtuber. Fuck off

>> No.55884030
File: 41 KB, 383x383, 1690878765236512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55883986

>I'd counter and say its because humans are pieces of shit and unless you go through gruelling hoop jumping to prove you have done what you say you can and have accredition to prove it then there will be hacks and snake oil dickheads at every turn

People are scammers and pieces of shit with, or without degrees. A degree doesn't change the morality of an individual. Or, are you going to tell me nobody with a degree ever scammed anyone?

>Psychopaths LOVE fucking people over in jobs that require little to no accredition like sales and you have to keep these untrained scammer scumbags out by making people jump through hoops to prove they know what they say they claim to know

Then the company can test the individual themselves. Nothing you just stated requires spending 6 years in college and passing a bunch of government required tests. Also, you use your judgement and this thing called a brain. If you don't trust a salesman, you don't buy from him and you go somewhere else. Or, would you suggest people need degrees in sales now too?

Fun fact: My HR manager was fired from her last job for cheating on her husband with an employee. She also has sexually harassed me on multiple occasions. She's doing the opposite of what her job requires her to do. But, she has a degree and a high position of authority, so she can get away with it. This anecdote flies in the face of your view that degrees prevent bad people from gaining positions of power. Most politicians are lawyers btw.

>Imagine a world where your financial advisor is that cryptobro scammer on youtuber. Fuck off

Then you vet the person before you do buisness with them. Are you incapable of doing that?
>But what if they commit fraud! Reeeee!!!
Then you sue them. Fraud is a crime.

>> No.55884043

>>55884030
>People are scammers and pieces of shit with, or without degrees. A degree doesn't change the morality of an individual. Or, are you going to tell me nobody with a degree ever scammed anyone?

If you have spent years getting accredition you are less likely to fuck people over. Its like a sort of collateral. Youre stupid for thinking otherwise and im assuming its because you have some personal chip on your shoulder about not being able to do with people who spent years getting their paperwork can do

>then you sue them
Lmao you have never stepped foot in the world. If a psychopath fucks you over he's already made his company insolvent and washed his hands clean through a legal loophole

>> No.55884052

>>55884030
>ree vet the snake oil salesman who makes a living being a chameleon

idioto! idioto! Im so annoyed at how stupid you are I need to double post.

>> No.55884074

>>55884043
>>55884052

Alright, well have fun schizo-ranting today on /biz/. I answered OP's question. Whether you like it, or not. What I stated is a fact.

>> No.55884148

>>55883866
>banking hours
>2 days working from home
sounds pretty sweet

>Why the hell do they gate this shit behind 92836181631 requirements when it is easy as hell
because it's about humiliating you, it's a humiliation ritual

>> No.55884255

>>55883866
>Why the hell do they gate this shit behind 92836181631 requirements when it is easy as hell
Stop and think about that sentence again and the answer may be more obvious.

>> No.55884604

The hard part is not the work.

The hard part is doing the same dreary shit year after year. They have years of seeing who quits too soon and have perfected the hiring process to only let the most boring people imaginable through.

The odd person can trick their way through the process but all that awaits is levels of bordeom you cannot even comprehend yet. I work in a gov office job and I dont think a single person in my department even has a hobby. Its good stable easy money, but damn is it a boring life.

>> No.55884635

>>55883866
They want to make sure you’re not going to make them look bad by going above and beyond. They need to make sure you’re retarded or lazy first. A forever wagie, like them. Congrats on the job, though!

>> No.55884801

>>55884043
>spent years getting accredition you are less likely to fuck people over
Jfc, you really believe this shit?

>> No.55884880

>>55884030
>Then the company can test the individual themselves.

No they can't. This was how it was done before all the degree requirements. Then when the pass rate for women was much lower than men in these tests, there were discrimination lawsuits. So the companies had to switch to an alternate accreditation method - the degree. Because it was rare and valuable back then.

>> No.55886460

>>55883866
read this. https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/

>> No.55886547

>>55883866
What's the position anyway?