[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 69 KB, 680x602, FwWHE8TXsAELxhf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55000729 No.55000729 [Reply] [Original]

Nothing matters

>> No.55000754 [DELETED] 

>>55000729
white square give me light

>> No.55000791

>>55000729
I find that investing gives me quite the edge to have hope and find a meaning in life. Honestly having an impossible goal ("making it" whatever that means) and striving to achieve it makes everything worth the while for me. I can wake up every day knowing i have a role in life. The THING manifesto was a good insight on life but honestly for me everything boils down to enjoying the ride and having an unfulfilled goal that you can trick your mind into working to achieve

>> No.55000795

>>55000729
I have been struggling to find the meaning in anything lately. If someone were to talk to me, I assume they would classify me as an atheist, as I do not think that there is a continuation of any sort after death. Some say that life is important and life matters BECAUSE it ends, which is a beautiful thought in my head; however, I can't get behind it because nothing is permanent. For example, why does it matter whether someone acts justly and is a good person versus acting vile and offensive? I'm not saying that we should all be dicks to each other, but what I am saying is that in the long run, there will be no evidence of someone acting either way. Most people will be completely forgotten within 100 years of their death. I used to believe that I should strive to be one of the lucky few who should rise above and do something so great that they are remembered indefinitely. Nowadays, I realize that this was a stupid thought because on a long enough timeline, everything that everyone has ever done will be lost. (When the sun explodes or even if some of us survive that when some sort of cosmic event destroys every part of the universe we are a part of. OR even simply when the human race becomes extinct or if we evolve when all of the branches of the tree that came from us falls to extinction). After that, I felt that helping people mattered, because even if I couldn't be remembered, I could still have an effect on people's lives in a positive manner and that has to count for something; however, if everyone who you helped is one day going to be long gone, and every inkling of evidence that you or anyone you ever came into contact with even existed will be gone from the universe, then what is the point? How does anything matter?

>> No.55000799

>bussiness and finance

>> No.55000808

>>55000795
When you play an awesome video game with a single-player story mode, does the fact that your adventure will at some point end ever take away from your enjoyment when you are playing the game in the here and now?

If no, then just imagine that life is a video game. That might answer your question of "why anyone should care if it's not permanent".

>Perhaps every single blade of grass, moment in time, leaf in the wind is infact important. This is the point of view that I would like to adopt, but right now, it seems that it takes too much faith and not enough logic for me to take the step into this mindset.

Everything you see, hear, and feel in this game contributes to the experience, to the fun of it all. Why worry about what will happen when the game is over? Why worry about how your accomplishments in this game won't matter once you are done playing it? It's just a game, so don't take it so seriously.

>> No.55000813
File: 2.98 MB, 450x800, 1676356807971733.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I decide what matters!

>> No.55000829

>>55000813
This is the way. Life is meaningless therefore everyone can attribute any meaning they want.

We are the god of our lives

>> No.55000838

>>55000808
This is certainly a viewpoint that I had not considered. Kind of a "Live in the moment" idea. While I do think that were I able to adopt this view it would solve my problems, I simply don't think it is possible for me to actually live in the moment like you suggest.

I'll award you a delta for bringing up a viewpoint I had not considered, as you have given me a lot of thinking to do; however, if you can please elaborate because at first glance what you are suggesting still seems impossible.

>> No.55000850

>>55000813
I've seen these videos before, do you know who is the one behind them?? they really make my day (and i would like to listen to them with sound kek)

>> No.55000867

>Thing dumped
why did you forsake me oh white square of light

>> No.55000874

>>55000838
You should practice Buddhism. I suggest you read "How to Raise an Ox". Living in the moment isn't a viewpoint that you take. It is diligent practice. You get the initial practice by meditating. You learn how to do one thing, sit and breathe, with your entire being. Then you basically do that with every activity.

Obviously this is very simplified, but it's a start.

>> No.55000898
File: 8 KB, 245x206, 1677219821661621.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55000850
Kingdryjoya makes the videos, but I can't access his youtube channel for some reason. Most concerning.

>> No.55000901

>>55000799
>He doesn't know THING is a token
here bro, you're in for a ride
https://www.nothing.gg/

>> No.55000917
File: 415 KB, 1008x1056, FOJ7h3BXEBApFpV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55000898
Thanks my guy

>> No.55000934

>>55000874
I'll give it a look, thanks. Didn't exactly change my view but you gave me a source for further research'

>> No.55000983
File: 47 KB, 316x400, 1676621382893985.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55000917
Oh boy, 3 crowns? For free? How lovely.

>> No.55001019

>>55000795
Just live, bro. Enjoy the air, touch some grass, have sex. you think we say these things ironically speaking? Imagine you die today but somehow you get back to life again. Would you use your renewed life to post frogs, sit in front of the computer all day, look at charts and sleep and eat badly? No, right? It's hard to find motivation, but you don't need to force motivation, that's where most people get it wrong and get depressed even further when they realize they need to force themselves all the time to do stuff in life when normal people just do things without thinking. Let motivation come alone. If it doesn't come, nothing wrong with spending the whole day in bed if you feel like doing it. Stop having goals in life. Just live, friend. Live, live, live. Learn how to live.
>why does it matter whether someone acts justly and is a good person versus acting vile and offensive
we need to develop a sense of community and cooperate so we don´t kill each other an survive longer
>I used to believe that I should strive to be one of the lucky few who should rise above and do something so great that they are remembered indefinitely. Nowadays, I realize that this was a stupid thought
That's a human thought. We all want to be heroes, rise above and receive recognition from our peers. Modern society does not allow you to do that, though. We cope by making money, materialism and being glorified slaves with nice sounding titles and posting shit on social media
>When the sun explodes or even if some of us survive that when some sort of cosmic event destroys...
Stop watching Rick and Morty
>How does anything matter
It doesn´t but don't let it affect you negatively

>> No.55001146

>>55000795
The point of doing good things isn't to seek some reward or to be remembered. That defeats the point of it. On the flip side, you shouldn't be helping ungrateful people.

>> No.55001235

>>55001019
>>55001146
You've given me a lot to think about... thanks frens

im gonna take a walk i think i need some fresh air

>> No.55001241

>>55001235
take it easy man, i hope you find what you're looking for

>> No.55001284

>>55000813
idk what i just watched but it was enjoyable

>> No.55001353

>>55000795
you need Jesus

>> No.55001412

>>55001235
Good luck, anon, I still have the same existential questions you've written above: "what's the point of "X" if death is inevitable?" I just live as i'm clown in the big circus of life, try to find happiness in the smile of others and have no worries. Maybe you should read the bhavagad Gita, pretty sure there are audiobooks on youtube. From Wiki:
>The Gita is a dialogue between Krishna and Arjuna right before the start of the climactic Kurukshetra War in the Hindu epic Mahabharata.[103][note 11] Two massive armies have gathered to destroy each other. The Pandava prince Arjuna asks his charioteer Krishna to drive to the center of the battlefield so that he can get a good look at both the armies and all those "so eager for war".[105] He sees that some among his enemies are his own relatives, beloved friends, and revered teachers. He does not want to fight to kill them and is thus filled with doubt and despair on the battlefield.[106] He drops his bow, wonders if he should renounce and just leave the battlefield.[105] He turns to his charioteer and guide Krishna, for advice on the rationale for war, his choices and the right thing to do. The Bhagavad Gita is the compilation of Arjuna's questions and moral dilemma and Krishna's answers and insights that elaborate on a variety of philosophical concepts