[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 176 KB, 824x1280, IMG_2242.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54750102 No.54750102 [Reply] [Original]

I own a house, car, several computers, a gun collection, have lots of furniture etc. I have to pay property tax, maintain my yard or pay someone to do it, fix random shit in my house constantly. Gets fucking old. And I live in a boring suburb been at the same house for 5 years now, I want to experience living in different cities but now my shit ties me down. Hell, my gun collection isn’t even legal in most of the cool cities around the world and in the coastal US. It would be a huge pain in the ass to sell all of it and I’d be worried that selling would bring regrets and I would just end up re acquiring it all. Sometimes I think that Klaus Schwab guy might have been right bros, living the nomadic urban lifestyle with just a laptop and a backpack might be the answer. Owning a house is pretty shit in a lot of ways

>> No.54750115

Counterpoint: I’ve never met a tech nomad who wasn’t completely insufferable and a loser

>> No.54750124

>>54750115
/thread

>> No.54750153

>>54750102
i own nothing and let me tell you i want to KMS every morning...we can swap if you want ?

>> No.54750165

There's nothing stopping you from spending time living elsewhere from where you own things.

>> No.54750169

owning a house can be really, really shit if ties you down. basically if all your disposable income goes into the mortgage and taxes or whatever. mortgagecucks are usually miserable for that reason alone. if you own the property outright, it is a lot better since you are far more flexible. you can still go on adventures.

>> No.54750177

should i open a hole in the wall muffin bakery called "You will own muffin" or will WEF goons take offense to that?

>> No.54750190

>>54750169
Even if you have it paid off you still have to worry about people breaking in, landscaping, paying property tax etc while you’re gone. One thing I could do is let a random family member who I trust live there rent free

>> No.54750268

>>54750102
agree fell for the home meme.

>fucking cutting grass every week
>dealing with property issues
>property taxes

should have just stay in my apartment. srs.

>> No.54750271

>>54750102
> put shit in a storage unit, or (for guns etc.) leave it with a trusted friend/family member
> find a good property manager and rent out house
> move into apartment in heckin' exposed brick city
simple as

>> No.54750298

>>54750102
they want to own all the assets and lease them to you, retard. that means no common man could ever gain generational wealth without their approval(corruption)

>> No.54750307

>>54750115
ultra based

>> No.54750350

>>54750102
I kinda want to nomad it up as there's less than two boxfuls of shit I actually use on a daily basis, the rest of my belongings I'd be better off renting once a year when I need them or whatever. But I really want a dog bro and it's tough to raise a dog while doing the nomad thing. But then again buying a house and maintaining a yard and paying property tax and etc just to be able to have a dog on my own terms is sort of insane too. Foreveralone so it's not like I'm ever going to raise a family in it or anything.

>> No.54750384

>>54750102
You still need to own certain things like a house or car but you can reject consumerism so you don't spend money for quick dopamine.

>> No.54750413

I've been nomading for awhile. I'll trade you. All I long for is some stability. Airport lounges are filled with wannabe rich middle classers (like me, lol). The people in them are insufferable, the free food they have is served by Somalians who glare at you in jealousy, and the food gives you diarrhea every time. It feels like you're in an emergency room, rather than an escape from the terminal. I'm stuck in Canada right now, I don't want to be here, watching GitHub tickets from an AirBNB that's basically not much better than a college dorm. I never leave to do stuff because I found that I hate Canada very much, it is a dreary place to live full of pajeets. I'm ready to move on to the next place but I'm stuck here for a month until my next flight out. I have to finish my BNB stays as well. It is like being depressed at home, but worse. Because you actually long for home. Can't wait to go back to my apartment in the Midwest desu.

>> No.54750417

>>54750177
Digits say do it

>> No.54750419

>>54750102
>gun collection
>not just having 2-3 that you know inside and out and keep in pristine condition
NGMI

>> No.54751514

>>54750102
>Sometimes I think that Klaus Schwab guy might have been right bros, living the nomadic urban lifestyle with just a laptop and a backpack might be the answer. Owning a house is pretty shit in a lot of ways

Look, if you have the means to choose to live that way, and live that way well, it's great. You can fly around the world with basically nothing and then buy stuff as consumables when you land. Your hotel has nice shit, a place to work, good food inside the hotel and out, and can do laundry for you. You grab an Uber and go see the sites, then you fly out to some greek islands, rent a flat for a few weeks and have fun on someone's boat. If a problem arises you open your fat wallet and shell out a bit for whatever fix you need. If something breaks, it's cheap and you dump it and get a new one. Meanwhile your assets are invested and earning loads of returns, which probably can sustain you forever.

But the cuck version of this is that it's just a step backwards and serfdom. Not only do you not own any physical assets, you don't even have money. You don't own a car because you're too poor, so now your walk to and wait for slow public transit. You don't own your cell phone or laptop or TV or furniture outright because it's so expensive so now you're on the hook for huge monthly fees forever. You don't rent because it's convenient and easy to move to places with new opportunity, you rent because you're poor as shit and owning a home is impossible. You have staggering ongoing bills forever, and need to keep working forever to maintain your standard of life. That's shitty

In conclusion:
>It's good to be rich
>It sucks to be poor
>It is worth contemplating your expenses and what you get out of parking a huge amount of equity in things like a car or a house and the associated time and maintenance with maintaining those things.

>> No.54751540
File: 537 KB, 692x677, 1655278006073.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54750102
>man, owning stuff is difficult because of all these rules/taxes
>It's obviously the property that is the problem, not the draconian law structure
>maybe I really should just own nothing
Unironically you are the person in your pic. Someone who will gladly bend his ass over to a law written by some crusty old faggot with one foot in the grave.

>> No.54751565
File: 413 KB, 962x1379, prakesh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54750413
>Nomad
>Canada
Wtf

>> No.54751596

>>54750177
kek but u wouldnt last a year. name a muffin shop thats been around a while.

>> No.54751825

>>54750102
this was written by chatGPT wasn't it

>> No.54751831

>>54750115
Define loser