[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 656 KB, 965x1192, 20934985_1602601776472484_3688547923028342646_o.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54513869 No.54513869 [Reply] [Original]

what's the point of becoming wealthy and being an asshole to your children?

>> No.54513879

>>54513869
Bring back the scold's bridle

>> No.54513927

That "charity" is actually a trust fund in which he and his heirs are the sole owners of it and all the proceeds go to his own estate. Zuckerkike did the exact same thing. It's how celebrities give themselves a tax exemption while also looking like a humanitarian.

>> No.54513933

>>54513869
wise
his son already has a major advantage here with Jackie’s connections

>> No.54513944

>>54513869
It's not nice, but he does have a point somehow.

>> No.54513951

>>54513869
He got in trouble with drugs right?

>> No.54513978

I never understood this..

My parents are boomer-rich, just about $10M net worth, and they've bought me, my brother and my sister a McMansion each so none of us had to worry about mortgages. They will also be given us their inheritance they're getting from their own parents (who are in their late 80s now) instead of keeping it for themselves.

So yeah I dont get the billionaires who cuck their own kids out of $

My parents were both born in dirt poor village people from Greece, which is funny because usually people from dirt poor backgrounds never give their kids anything, but mine are the opposite, they know what its like to be dirt poor and they said they never want their kids to experience that and that it makes 0 sense not to help your own kids out to free them from the stress and concern of needing money to pay for shit like a roof over your head.

>> No.54513989

>>54513978
Oh and yeah, the inheritance from the grandparents will be decent, they were dirt poor back in the 1950/60s but their farm land in the village back in Greece is worth a pretty good amount now, so I'll be inheriting a share of that.

>> No.54513993

>>54513978
They were born in greece, that's why. Most of the westward european cunts and americas have brainwashed people into wasting all their money on stupid shit and not giving any to children.

>> No.54514013
File: 76 KB, 513x495, richdadjerkdad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54513869
Rich dad, Jerk Dad by Jackie Chan

>> No.54514023

>>54513978
Absolutely agree. We were talking about inheritance in another thread, I can't see how anyone works hard if they don't plan on leaving an inheritance. I would literally work 5 hours a week in a supermarket if I was only interested in supporting myself.

>> No.54514039

>>54513869
jackie chans son was a fucking bum who didnt want to do anything with his life and he got arrested for dealing drugs
all he had to do was get any fucking degree and jackie wouldnt have a probrem but he just wanted to jerk off all day and play video games

>> No.54514055

>>54513978
I've seen you post here before. I remembered the part about being poor from Greece.

>> No.54514168

>>54513978
My parents had about 1 mil in the bank, but no college fund for my brother and I. They paid for my sisters though.

Mom bought an apartment building in the ghetto and tried her hand at being a slum lord, but got ran out by the tenants. She put about $100k down on the building and threatened me with eviction if I didn't gut the place and paint it. The bank repossessed it but soon demolished it because of a massive roach infestation.

It was hell. I put myself through college, about to wrap up a Master's, too. It gets better when you decide you want better.

When dropping us off at school in the morning, she'd yell "As and Bs!" But ask for school supplies? She almost always would flip out because she had to part with money for lined paper and pencils.

>> No.54514256

>>54513978
>"I don't care if you hate me even in death, spit on my grave, and curse my name for all of the neglect during your childhood. As long as you know what it means to earn a dollar then it will all be worth it!"
I really don't understand this mentality, they also expect you to inherit their values and mistreat your own children just the same. My dad was Silent/Trad generation and even in his old age he kept trying to figure out how to best use the rest of his retirement to leave to us after he passed. He got roped into a scam or 2 and we lost our childhood home, but we ended up with a plot of land and another house which we sold to get a better one thats value far exceeds the other house now.
He did what he loved in his retirement traveling the country and helping run his own local non profit and didnt need an over the top house for himself, on top of that he was able to leave us something behind.
He was born during the Great Depression so he knows what its like for shit to get real. Idk what it is about money that makes you spite your kids so much to the fact that you would rather give it away to anyone but them.

>> No.54514344
File: 414 KB, 490x660, Shannon_Lee.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bruce lees daughter
White women, not even once.

>> No.54514364

>>54513978
This is a mentality exclusive to USA boomers. In other countries, you have families that don't kick their children out and they buy houses and cars together. It's completely normal for hispanics and middle easterners to live with their parents or brothers into their 30s. You'll never be able to date a roastie living with your parents in the US, even if you're making 6 figures.

>> No.54514387

>>54513869
Who said it's his money? From the CCP standpoint, it's the peoples.

>> No.54514395
File: 121 KB, 1004x1000, 23EC0156-62DD-40D0-9F3C-FD2BF9BE7B51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54514344
Bruce lee’s son on the other hand…

>> No.54514434

>>54513927
100%
Learn how to system works or be a victim

>> No.54514799

>>54514395
that chin could cut a man in half

>> No.54514854

No way. That money is going straight into ccp coffers.

>> No.54515145

>>54513869
what if it had been a daughter

>> No.54515242

If I make it, I'm not gonna let my kids have it easy. Too many stories, from ancient to modern about how it ruins a kid when they're born into such priveledge. I will already be spending a good amount of my wealth affording them the best that money can buy in certain important areas like top quality food, healthcare, education, equipment for their pursuits etc. When they're old enough to go on their own, the deal is I will match them if they make a certain amount on their own (relative to how much wealth I have). ie if they can make 500k on their own, I will match them the other 500k so they can have their million. This ensures they are competent and grateful for what they have. But most people are stupid and just bitter spoiled brats to complain about not giving their kids millions to have an easy life. Jackie is 100% correct, that it will be a waste of money and it would ruin his son to just hand him all that money, unearned.

>> No.54515351

>>54515145
Then she would have been aborted. It’s Chinese culture.

>> No.54515368

Nine times out of ten you get fucked up rich kids because their parents are absentee parents. Their money and status is there for the kid growing up but they aren't. So you get a fucked up rich kid and the parent tells themselves that it was the money that ruined their children. It's the story that they come up with to avoid accepting that they were shitty parents. So when they disinherit their kids later in life "for their own good" it's just a continuation of that little story that they tell themselves. In actuality it's a punishment for not measuring up to their parents' expectations, because the alternative is admitting fault. Saying "you're a fuck up because I gave you too much money and privilege" is a nice cop out, it's saying "I loved you too much and accidentally spoiled you", which is much nicer than admitting that you were neglectful and didn't spend time with your children or take an active role in their lives which contributed to them being an emotional basket case.

When you see shit like this what you're usually seeing is shitty parents cope by shifting blame for their own bad parenting down onto their children.

>> No.54515372

>>54515242
A man born in hell cannot rise through the ranks like a man born to privilege.

>> No.54515391

>>54515372
A man born in hell can only rise, but the one born in priveledge can fall.

>> No.54515530

>>54515242
>his "when I make it" fantasy is holding his money over his children's heads well into their adult lives
>complete with arbitrarily assigned dollar amounts

It doesn't even occur to you how bizarre this is, does it?

>> No.54515566

>>54515530
Seething because you weren't allowed to be a spoiled brat growing up?
boohoo

>> No.54515622

>>54514364
>exclusive to USA boomers
It's more widespread than that, boomers here in NZ often have the same attitude. Definitely one of the great satan's cultural exports though. Fucking kikes

>> No.54515755

>>54515566
No. Not at all. Your weird fantasy of using money you don't have to control children you don't have by rewarding and punishing them with it is genuinely a fucking problem. Your highest ambition with regard to your family is being a petty tyrant over your children for their entire lives.

>> No.54515888

>>54515755
>use my wealth to raise them with the best things they can get to develop a good mind body and spirit, a priveledge 90% of kids wouldn't have
>make them earn an inheritance, a priveledge 90% of children wouldn't even have, rather than give it to them
>petty tyrant, and punishment
holy fucking shit that's some projection right there. Look kid, I'm not your boomer dad, go take your frustrations out on him, though I think he was right, spoiled little brat you are.

>> No.54515902
File: 957 KB, 770x5634, 1630285995775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54513869
>Be me Jackie Chan's son
>Get busted for dealing drugs
>Dad uninheates me and says I need to make my own money
>fug
>Go to Hollywood find an agent who agrees to work with me on the spot since I'm a famous actor's kid
>Get's me a part in some new capeshit movie Captain American Chinese Civil War or somn
>Play Communist Chinese Captain America copy who is movie antagonist
>Directors make me "sympathetic" by having me monologue about how evil the nationalists are and how the commies are fighting for the people or whatever
>Movie is huge in China and makes a bingchillion dollars
>I take my money and buy drugs rinse and repeat till OD

Yeah you sure showed him, Jackie.

>> No.54515988

>>54515888
>make my kids earn x amount of money to inherit x amount of money

What happens when one kid has a more lucrative career than the others? What if one kid has a calling to do something that they find very fulfilling but isn't particularly lucrative? What about the one who wants to start a small business but doesn't have the funds initially? What about the one who isn't quite as successful as the other one who is seething because he's many years away from being able to show you, his father, his bank account with 500k in it but his more successful sibling already got that 500k and used that million to buy a house in cash while he bleeds money to renting?

In thirty seconds of sitting here and thinking "is this a bad idea" I can come up with a hundred different ways why this will poison your children's lives. It's fairly obvious that the reason that you want to do it is for control over your adult children.

>> No.54516088

>What happens when one kid has a more lucrative career than the others?
He would have a more lucrative career than the others. Like in normal everyday life.
>What if one kid has a calling to do something that they find very fulfilling but isn't particularly lucrative?
Then he can live his life enjoying his calling, like in normal everyday life.
>What about the one who wants to start a small business but doesn't have the funds initially?
He will do what every other person who wanted to start a small business without the initial funds did. Like in normal everyday life.
>What about the one who isn't quite as successful as the other one who is seething because he's many years away from being able to show you, his father, his bank account with 500k in it but his more successful sibling already got that 500k and used that million to buy a house in cash while he bleeds money to renting?
He will keep trying and do better. Continuously failing until finally succeeding, like everyone else who has ever succeeded in everything.

Jesus fucking christ are you retarded? They're already going to be FAR more well off than anybody around them, they would already have more baseline support than anyone around them. They're just not gonna get a large sum of cash for doing nothing, they have to earn it. This is somehow the greatest evil one can commit to you? The majority of the world, for the majority of history was only functional and happy by being given massive inheritances? Are you a child or a woman?
>control
They have the freedom to do whatever they want. They just need to earn their money. Only a spoiled little shithead like you will extrapolate that into "you must be evil and want to control me". Get fucking real.

>> No.54516103

>>54516088
meant to reply to >>54515988

>> No.54516392

>>54516088
>>54516103
>I would use wealth create an incentive structure to make my children jump through specific hoops in their adult lives
>anyone who points out that there is something weird and perverse about doing that is just projecting

Well, it's a good thing you'll never make it.

>> No.54516431

>>54516392
>I would use wealth create an incentive structure to make my children jump through specific hoops in their adult lives
>specific hoops
>you get a better upbringing than most people ever would in their lives
>just make a certain amount of money on your own so you can be competent and learn the value of hardwork and money and I'll match it
>in almost every other circumstance, you wouldn't even get this chance, it's 100% a priveledge, if I weren't rich, you'd just have to work hard on your own with no support, and no chance of earning any inheritance
You're insane to not see how simple this is and how the kids are still ridiculously lucky. You've gotta be projecting some frustration because you think and have the entitlement of a child or a woman.

>> No.54516510

>>54514039
This.
But Jackie chan was to busy to raise his son. And his mother spoil him.

>> No.54516524

>>54513869
because that is the meaning of life.

>> No.54516595

>>54515622
NZ is run by a women so no one gives a fuck about you cucks kys

>> No.54516596

>>54514256
Anon how old are you?

>> No.54516618

>>54513869
it's because he prefers to keep his image than his family, it's not that weird, many famous people do the same before they die
i keep waiting for hami to keep giving me good rewards to leave some good inheritance to my future kids (i hate kids, i'm going to leave after the creampie)