[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 466 KB, 744x719, 1614957470953.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54469916 No.54469916 [Reply] [Original]

This may sound like a sperg question, but how do i start thinking in words?

I've been in a very profitable industry the last few years, and because of my poor social skills, i feel i could have much more leverage right now to start my own business or have an even better job if i was simply likable. Anywhere I'm placed, I'm a very prolific, top performer and this has helped my career very much. However, I understand that this is basically a bug mentality.

People don't really care whether you're a "great worker", they care whether you're enjoyable to be around, hell, that you're at least not repulsive and have some semblance of personality. The issue is, I've spent too much of adulthood alone (prior to getting my shit together) that i have no inner monologue, basically a collection of observations, intensely concentration, and all visual memory/ abstract thinking. This has made me, a 28 year old male, socially dysfunctional.

I'm way behind in terms of social skills, in a group of similarly aged men, i struggle to keep up with the banter and social nuances, coming off robotic and somewhat of a social parasite. I feel like a brain less practiced in verbal thinking lacks understanding of opinion or any basic communication with other human beings.

Is there any way to "break out of my shell " at this point? I simply have nothing to talk about or say with other people and I'm pretty sure it's also painfully obvious that I'm aware of it. I tend to blurt things out, sperg autistically on facts of the matter or annoying observations. People tire of my overly nice, always tepid presence but I have zero social life to build a personality from or test different social habits.

130k/year, one of the lowest cost of living cities in the country, disposable income for hobbies but i fear it's already too late

>> No.54469974

>>54469916
Read "the master and hi emissary" so you at least understand how your brain works. Beyond that I'm not sure how to help you, changing your brain is tough

>> No.54470020

>>54469916
Most normie small chat is talking about family, friends, hobbies or experiences. Initially ask questions and listen. Most people are happy to talk about themselves and it puts them on their heels to show they aren’t the sad social outcast. When put on the spot have some canned responses on things you enjoy that have broader appeal. Nothing niche or weird. Keep up on local sports scores, be aware of mass media being consumed (tv/movies) etc.

Being a normie is a bit of a performance for everyone, not just autists

>> No.54470021

>>54469916
try lsd

>> No.54470087

>>54469916
how did you write that post w/ out thinking in words?
what do you think "in"?

>> No.54470107

>>54469916
HEY 4CHAN IT’S ME JOE BIDEN

>> No.54470651

>>54470107
>YOUR RETARDED NIGGERLOVING PRESIDENT

>> No.54470894

>>54469916
Literally read any book written in first person, that's it

>> No.54471334

>>54469974
Imagine reading the words of a kike and believing it.