[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 73 KB, 645x729, 1517429337730.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54435046 No.54435046 [Reply] [Original]

Everyone has heard all the classic financial advice
"Oh put x% of your paycheck away every week"
"Use credit cards aggressively and pay off the balance in full every month"
"Pay off your debt before you start investing"

What about for impulsive retards like me? I'm addicted to takeout, weed, and other bad money sucks because I was emotionally neglected as a kid and chose some shitty coping mechanisms. It seems like every credit card and debit card will let you hook up to Venmo or a million other backdoors to let you impulsively spend on grubhub

Here's something I've started doing that works for me lately:
>Budget expenses and & income on a spread sheet
>The moment I have income that cannot be allocated to an expense thats due today, I send that money to a Schwab account
>Schwab are slow pokes and will take multiple days to send your money back to you
>Money is safe from impulsive urges

Any other tricks to fool the monkeybrain?

>> No.54435456

>>54435046
Perhaps not a trick and requires a small amount of forethought but just eat breakfast. Lots of bad eating habits come from unintentionally letting your blood sugar get too low, and unhealthy food gives you a rush but it drops down quickly. Good breakfast consisting of slow release carbohydrates, alongside other nutrients, will reduce your impulse to urgently consume unhealthy and costly shit food

>> No.54437368

>>54435456
I like chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese unironically