[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 64 KB, 410x442, 1676333386679672.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54195962 No.54195962 [Reply] [Original]

I have a story for you /biz/

My parents leveraged heavily during the 2008 financial crisis into real estate. Acquired massive loans owned multiple homes then got caught at the top of the market and couldnt sell. My dad decided that leverage trading would be the solution and went into even more debt to gamble on the stonks. Needless to say he lost everything and we ended up homeless for a while. Fast forward a few years... family is somewhat stable and we have housing. Sometime around when i started college, Dad comes across large sum of money and guess what he does? He puts it all into a leveraged trading account, gets me involved in it and i develop a tendency for gambling money. After a few months of trading I quit, realizing the futility. Father goes on trading, once again everything is lost. Come to the conclusion that my dad is retarded. Deeply resent father for this. Hardly speak to him now. Wondering if any anons had parents like this.

>> No.54195997
File: 785 KB, 720x691, 1678898593692961.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54195962
Kys.

>> No.54196035

>Come to the conclusion that my dad is retarded. Deeply resent father for this
at least your dad had some sort of plan to include you in a family legacy, even if hes stupid. lots of stupid dads just have kids and expect them to start from nothing and make it on their own while they blow through retirement money and die broke. i hate my dad for having no plan for his family more than the fact thats he's stupid

>> No.54196097

he just isn't financially wise, no need to destroy a relationship over that.

having a relationship with a dad is a privilege many never get the opportunity to take advantage of. enjoy things other than finances with him if possible

>> No.54196113
File: 198 KB, 500x462, 1678904462115587.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

meh
I'm pretty confident that 99% of 4chan users had either no father figure or a terrible father figure

haven't talked to nor seen mine in almost 20 years
he was on track to become a millionaire (in the 90s, when it meant something)
instead he took up binge drinking for no reason, couldn't hold his liquor, lost everything
ruined his marriage/family
ruined his career and was banned from the profession for life
ruined his SECOND marriage too eventually
ended up driving trucks for whoever would hire him

I'm completely and totally unimpressed with every boomer male I've ever met
my mom eventually remarried and her new husband is unequivocally the biggest fucking loser I've ever met