[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 27 KB, 422x437, 1621790804883.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54032276 No.54032276 [Reply] [Original]

Can some biztard explain why the bank run matters?

I use paypal.
If I need to buy something I use amazon.
I pay all my bills online.
Even my taxes, my fucking taxes, are done digitally.

I have not touched cash in years.

So why the fuck would a "bank run" matter if all the numbers are on the screen?

I personally think you are guys are just coping and hoping for a crash because you're a bunch of fat retarded neets who got rich off peepee coin.

I work hard at my engineering job for my house, my gf, and our daughter.
So tell me why you are all so happy about a bank run that will literally do fucking nothing to me or anyone actually successful.

>> No.54032391

>>54032276
You work as an engineer and you don’t even ask whether some jew can replace your name on the balance of his sql database with his name?

Nice larp kys

>> No.54032402

>>54032391
What are you even talking about?

>> No.54032409

What good is all the numbers on your screen if you get an error message when you try to use those numbers on the screen, cause the bank doesn't have any more numbers on the screen to give out?

>> No.54032492

>>54032409
Why would I get an error message if the entire world is on digital cash?

>> No.54032530

>>54032492
Banks lend out more money than they actually have. If everyone tries to withdraw all at once they don't issue more currency, they just run out.

>> No.54032531

>>54032492
Cause Mr. Cohen/Goldberg/Shekelstein went in and turned everyone's numbers off since there are no more numbers. In fact, he's on the first plane to Zion.

>> No.54032584

>>54032276
A bank can collapse when it becomes insolvent, meaning that its liabilities exceed its assets. This can happen for a number of reasons, including:

Bad loans: If a bank makes too many bad loans, it can suffer significant losses that erode its capital and make it insolvent.

Liquidity problems: Banks need to have enough cash and liquid assets to meet depositors' demands for withdrawals. If a bank experiences a sudden surge in withdrawals or cannot access funding in the money markets, it may run out of cash and be unable to meet its obligations.

Mismanagement: Poor management practices, such as risky investments or inadequate risk management, can lead to significant losses that undermine a bank's financial stability.

Economic downturns: Economic recessions or crises can cause a bank's assets to decline in value and its borrowers to default on loans, leading to losses that can push the bank into insolvency.

When a bank becomes insolvent, it may be seized by the government or its regulators and placed under receivership or liquidation. Depositors may lose some or all of their deposits, depending on the country's deposit insurance scheme and the size of the bank's losses. The collapse of a bank can also have broader economic impacts, as it can lead to a contraction in lending and a loss of confidence in the financial system.

>> No.54032630
File: 102 KB, 422x408, redpepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54032276
>So tell me why you are all so happy about a bank run that will literally do fucking nothing to me or anyone actually successful.
Because I want you all to die

>> No.54032803

>>54032530
They aren't running out of digital numbers anytime soon.
See I'll just type up a billion