[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 41 KB, 641x530, 78e392bebb1c2cb4d567855e3fe9381b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53784626 No.53784626 [Reply] [Original]

I was not the one who deposited it. Checking transaction history says it came from "Mexc.com" ... I vaguely recall trying to use this MEXC exchange one time to either buy or sell some random shitcoin, but after checking my tax records see that I didn't actually make a trade on there... its possible I signed up for an account but never actually deposited and abandoned the account due to regional/KYC restrictions because I'm in the USA... The Kucoin deposit address does not have any previous transactions from MEXC, so I do not see how even IF theoretically I had abandoned funds on MEXC they would have been capable of tracking down my Kucoin deposit address... The only possible scenario I can envision is I somehow abandoned funds at MEXC, (possibly from airdrops?) Kucoin then acquired MEXC and shared my deposit address because the email address associated with the accounts is the same? Has anyone else had funds from MEXC randomly show up in their account/wallet? I don't know what is going on here bizbros... when I got the email this morning saying $1300 was deposited to your kucoin account I thought it was a phishing attempt... until I logged into kucoin and it was ACTUALLY there... WTF is going on?

>> No.53784674

>>53784626
Maybe someone put in a wrong address? Maybe reach out to mexc and see if someone did a oops.

>> No.53784678

Mexc just sent out 30 million dollars to all verified accounts but if yours was unverified I don’t know why you received any.

>> No.53784686

why ask questions anon, just tx anything you have left on kucoin to your own wallet and close the account.

>> No.53784730

>>53784678
Can I get a source/explanation as to why? Maybe I verified the account, I honestly don't remember and searching my emails for "MEXC" is turning up nothing... still doesn't explain why it showed up in an unlinked Kucoin account

>> No.53785145

It was me, enjoy it anon;)

>> No.53785155

>>53784626
I sent that to you OP, it was a late Christmas gift I forgot to send in December! Merry Christmas :)

>> No.53786265

>>53784674
I emailed MEXC asking about it about an hour ago, we'll see if they even reply.
>>53784686
$1300 doesn't just randomly appear out of nowhere without reason, this amount of money is not even a big deal for me to fall into... its the lack of an explanation and the fact its coming from an exchange based in singapore to one in seychelles.... what I'm worried about is either A: someone that stole a large amount of crypto in the millions and is attempting to launder the money and obscure their identity by using my kucoin deposit address to do it ... or some type of CIA type agency trying to set me up as a patsy for a crime that I did not commit by them creating a fake paper trail of sending me money that is not mine.
Yes, I am paranoid.