[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 96 KB, 1080x1027, zuck_cuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53770272 No.53770272 [Reply] [Original]

Most of my “extra income” is just spent on fast food. I never buy groceries because I don’t have my own kitchen, I live in a room in someones home. I’m welcome to use the kitchen but I don’t always feel comfortable making meals and I never know when someone else will be using the kitchen. The thought of buying groceries and cooking my own food honestly scares me, I’ve gotten into a really bad habit of eating out and idk how to break it. Especially now with everyone talking about the rising grocery costs. Any advice/encouragement? I’m currently in about $10,000 CC debt that I’m trying to knock out within the year.

>> No.53770280

nigger you could get a lot of fucking food at the grocery store for the price of 1 big mac

>> No.53770298

>>53770272
Fast food daily will eventually destroy your health. Most of that shit is poison. Buy potato’s, chicken breast and vegetables form farmers market it’s all cheap. Boil the chicken breast at the beginning of the weak and eat it all week. Mix with veggies white rice or potato. Oatmeal/banana in the morning. Simple as.

>> No.53770340

>>53770272
at this point it unironically comes down to if the groceries are cooked at night. during the day cooking for yourself is about the same price or slightly more than fast food but mostly because electricity prices are literally out of control.

>> No.53770371

I save money doing carnivore diet

>> No.53770385
File: 97 KB, 650x433, Spaghetti-al-pomodoro_650x433_wm[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

French fries and especially soda are expensive at fast foods.
If you buy a bag of potatoes you could cook a shitload of french fries, tho.
But honestly buying bun, meat, salad, tomatoes, cheddar, sauces etc, cooking, cleaning etc. isn't worth. I'd rather just buy a Big Mac or a Whopper.
You could still eat well and spend relatively cheap buying groceries, there's not always black and white, fast foods or expensive groceries.
Today for dinner I spent probably less than a dollar for a serving of pasta, tomatoes, oil, electricity, soap and water to clean the pan.
But I'm Italian, maybe you're not used to eat pasta quite often.

>> No.53770392

If I were to eat fast food it would be $8 $10 breakfast at dunkin donuts
Then $10 $15 each fast food meal for lunch and then dinner
Ofc you're going to get some snacks or more dunkins or soda spending another $10

Where as carnivore it's $7 for like 8 chicken thighs boned
Or a steak is $10-15 or 3 lb beef is like $8 lot of this stuff lasts the next day

There's literally no comparison
If you weren't doing carnivore you'd save even more buying rice pasta or potatoes lasts literal weeks. Big bag of frozen broccoli lasts for fucking ever.

>> No.53770415

>carbs
Big sacks of rice and lentils. $200 or so will give you enough carbs for an entire year and then some. Potatoes are also great
>fats
Big bottles of extra virgin olive oil. Decent fats and $50-100 will last you a year depending on usage
>protein
Eggs and cottage cheese. For more complete meals you can wait for discounts and buy fowl, fish or meat.
>healthy extra stuff
Carrots, onions and garlic. Multi-vitamins

If you buy basic stuff like this and do OMAD you'll eat like a king for cheap, it's really only the protein that costs anything and you can dial that down to a minimum (like 2 eggs a day and nothing else) if you want to save money.

>> No.53770417

>>53770272
poo cum

>> No.53770420

>>53770272
you sound like my faggot roommate who also happens to be in 10000 debt cause he cant stop buying makeup.

If you're really reclusive about cooking in someone elses kitchen then have a camping stove and pot in the back of your car and cook out in a park or something. Have a cooler and a toolbox of spices, the whole 9 yards.

>> No.53770841

>>53770272
OP, there is really no excuse for you not to be cooking in this day and age. Especially with the tech that we available to us today. You don't even have to use the kitchen; you could use an airfryer, a crockpot, a multicooker, a mini-hotplate, etc., and cook right in your room. The corpos did a good job then if you believe eating fast food / convenience food everyday is the best option.

>> No.53772891

>>53770340
what kind of third worlder isn’t paying a fixed rate per kWh

>> No.53772943
File: 130 KB, 360x360, annoy pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53770272
>The thought of buying groceries and cooking my own food honestly scares me,
why are zoomers scared the most banal things

>> No.53772973

Rice, bro. And get ground beef

>> No.53772975

>>53770272
The money you save by eating mostly vegetables and meat is going to be allot in medical bills. For $100 I eat like a norse god for two weeks. I cant imagine how shitty I would feel in two days if I only ate fast food.

>> No.53773009

>>53770415
Honestly great advice on all points. If you dont buy meat you save a lot of money, but you can get protein and fat from eggs just fine

>> No.53773036

>>53770272
>Convince me that groceries
Stopped reading there. You're on "Business & Finance" and can't put together your own CA? Give it up bro

>> No.53773048

>Convince me that groceries are actually cheaper than eating fast food for a single person.
No. You get what you fucking deserve.

>> No.53773073

>Eats out for every meal instead of grocery shopping
>$10k credit card debt
>1pbtid
If you don't post again I'm convinced this is just a psyop thread
sage