[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 351 KB, 500x500, 1563154174965.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53476555 No.53476555 [Reply] [Original]

Is it impossible to become ultra rich without being a psychopath?

>> No.53476741

>>53476555
Daily reminder that finance and economics are pseudoscientific make believe garbage and capitalism is inherently unstable, exploitative and unsustainable with a built in expiration date. Ever escalating recessions, poverty, debt, wealth inequality, monopolies, disease, pollution, exploitation, slavery, conflict and wars are fundamental, necessary and intended principles of it, NOT glitches. Greed, selfishness, lying, cheating, stealing, competition, conflict, slavery and war are behaviors highly encouraged and incentivized under capitalism. It is LITERALLY cancer and i dont mean it metaphorically, i mean it literally, it shares the exact same functions and principles as a cancer cell.

So no. If you are rich you have bathed in blood. There is absolutely no way to become rich without evilmaxxing and becoming literally a demon in physical form(except maybe if you are a child and your rich parent died and you inherited the money)

>> No.53476768

>>53476555
You're not understanding the dynamics in play at all.
Try to get a job where you can see how high net worth people operate and evaluate them without preconceptions and you'll understand.
They're not psychopaths. People with personality disorders can be moderately successful but they'll always be held back by their disorders, psychopaths included.
HNW individuals usually have greater empathy than the average person.
Empathy is a requirement for making good decisions in most roles that involve a lot of money being thrown around. If you don't understand people and relate to them you're going to struggle badly to network and build relationships.
People mistake HNW individuals behaviour for "psychopathy" because they're not used to seeing people with a high level of personal discipline and self control make decisions.
They think that empathising with others and understanding their feelings means you have to be a slave to those emotions. So they assume that when the HNW individual makes cold or calculating decisions it's because they don't feel anything.
In reality they do feel, they just don't let those feelings sway then away from making good decisions or achieving their goals.

>> No.53476889

depends how you define ultra rich

>> No.53476909

>>53476555
Yes. Life is easier when you have no conscience

>> No.53476910

>>53476555
its not about psychopathy. successful entrepreneurs understand a bit of history, what machiavelli actually wrote about (not some gay shit about alphas), and as a result they have to be ruthless because the largest threat is always internal

>> No.53477331

You have to be mentally tough, sometimes I think anyone could do what I do, but the. I’ll see someone fail at something really basic and throw a tantrum, or loose it under the smallest amount of pressure

>> No.53478809

>>53476555
If you think you aren't ultra rich when you've made it to 7 figures then no, you will never reach your goals and not be a psychopath at the same time, because you already are one.

>> No.53478828

>>53478809
7 figures is nothing

>> No.53478832

>>53478828
Exactly psycho, exactly.

>> No.53478843

Yes. Take the Stuart Wilde pill