[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 807 KB, 320x320, 1672604469643642.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53368913 No.53368913 [Reply] [Original]

Where is the global financial collapse? I'm fucking waiting.

>> No.53368930

uhh what do you call the last year and a half

>> No.53368968

>>53368913
the top of the stock market in 1929 was when shoeshine boys were talking about stocks. At which point there were no more buyers and the market collapsed.
So what does it mean when the modern shoeshine boy equivalent is certain there will be a huge dumb and recession?

>> No.53369006

It already happened in 08, when everyone realized the dollar wasn’t wearing any clothes. Now you’re in the long period of mass psychosis where society refuses to accept it’s already collapsed, and desperately tries to pretend there is a future anywhere, like it’s other peoples problem that society is dying and they are the only ones keeping it alive. But it’s all of us, we are all feasting on the corpse of a dead world

>> No.53369060

>>53369006
It really is this. Absolutely everyone, from the powerful to the common, is propping up the system even though they know in their hearts it's rotted.
I've always thought Idiocracy is actually a tragedy because the proper thing for Not Sure to do would have been to let the retard civilization collapse so that the law of natural selection would inevitably reassert itself.
Those who see how broken our economic and monetary system is and how much it hurts people get frustrated because the same normgroids who get screwed by it also don't want to lose the bread and circuses they get from it. So there's denial.

>> No.53369070

>>53368968
I would bet that the majority of people are in complete denial of the nosediving macroeconomic trends. Ask a boomer about their pension and there's no concern. Zoomers have no money, so why would they give any thought to stocks when they're distracted by tiktok thots?

>> No.53369084

>>53368968
there was no shoeshine boy, it was made up

>> No.53369205

>>53369084
Version I've heard is that Joe Kennedy was getting his shoes shined and when the kid doing it started spouting about some stock tip, Kennedy realized that speculation had gotten completely out of control. He went back to his office and sold everything and that supposedly prompted a cascade that led to the crash.
I think the modern equivalent was in late 2021 when anons mentioned that taxi drivers were shilling crypto tokens to them.

>> No.53369285

>>53369006
>>53369060
ive often wondered how long it would take a society to understand that it is dead. sheer inertia would keep it twitching for years

>> No.53369319

>>53369060
I'm not
I'm 100% neet, not propping up shit

>> No.53369345

>>53369319
if youre getting neetbux (or spending it) you are not only propping up cash velocity and paying taxes on your purchases but youre also legitimizing the beast through participation

>> No.53369352

>>53369070
Arrr you be speaking in rhyme again. Gimme your arm lad.

>> No.53369357

>>53369205
>the modern equivalent was in late 2021 when anons mentioned that taxi drivers were shilling crypto tokens to them
it's funny how history moves in spirals
it came full circle, but one step up
but yes, it was around then, a bit earlier as the markets were already crashing in late 2019 with the repo market crisis, and then the liquidity crisis in early 2020, and of course that's when a magical scam hoax fraud plandemic suddenly came out of nowhere, very curious

>> No.53369395

>>53369345
I'm not getting any neetbux
I just told you: I'm not propping up shit
when I say that I mean it, and you better believe it, I know very well how all of this global financial scam works
also, hypothetically speaking, if I were getting neetbux but didn't spend it I wouldn't be propping up shit either, because that wouldn't contribute to any velocity at all
but again, I'm not getting any neetbux
also, your notion that paying taxes on purchases means propping up the system is pretty delusional, because you have to buy some things, there's literally no way around buying e.g. food (which happens to be the only thing I buy, I literally haven't bought a single thing other than food for the past 3 years)

>> No.53369403

>>53368913
There's already collapse zombie normies don't care. They'll just run up credit cards until they die broke slaves. There's no fixing this there Is no escape. All you can do is hope you aren't on the wrong side of the slave society when they wake up to the bars all around them.

>> No.53369416
File: 1.64 MB, 576x1024, 1673061831952601 (1).webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53368913
It's never gonna happen

>> No.53369431

>>53369395
>your notion that paying taxes on purchases means propping up the system is pretty delusional, because you have to buy some things, there's literally no way around buying e.g. food (which happens to be the only thing I buy, I literally haven't bought a single thing other than food for the past 3 years)
you seem kind of based but you are the delusional one if you think being reliant on society for your food supply doesnt prop it up in some way

>> No.53369449

>>53369357

>> No.53369478

>>53369431
no, you're the delusional one if you think there's any way to be 100% self-reliant when it comes to food these days
even farmers rely on a ton of technology that is produced through society
I remember watching a clip of this Australian woman who was supposedly going to live totally off-grid and moving around constantly, like a "hunter-gatherer" (humans are really not naturally hunters at all, something this story makes pretty clear), but she was literally using a big modern hunting rifle to hunt with, and still were forced to buy groceries
in the natural human environment one could arguably indeed return to a 100% self-reliant lifestyle in some places, living like bonobos essentially, which is actually to a certain extent what I advocate for, but other than that there's absolutely zero way to be completely self-reliant
thus your idea that being reliant on society for food supply inherently props up the system is wrong, because there are parts of social interchange of goods that would occur even in the absence of that system, and exchanges for food would undoubtedly be among them

>> No.53369632

>>53368913
You know the answer
Say the line
Two

>> No.53369699

>>53369478
the fact is that the food trade directly and fundamentally props up the beast. your or my inability to feed ourselves without it is only relevant in so far as you are forced to prop it up. they have us by the balls, just like the next society will, and the one before did as well until it died

>> No.53369709
File: 1.74 MB, 1834x1516, 2834202.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

DOXX, HUNT DOWN, AND MURDER ALL THE "MODS"
>DOXX, HUNT DOWN, AND MURDER ALL THE "MODS"

>> No.53369713

>>53369285
Yeah, without an external catalyst bringing them down, there's almost no limit to how long it can go on. We say that the Western Roman Empire "fell" in 476, but the truth is that I don't think anyone living in Italy really gave a shit at that point.

>> No.53369716

>>53368913
You have the wrong mindset and will never make it.

>> No.53370065

>>53369319
You are. Your choices and actions as a human being legitimizes other peoples actions and choices. Some could say, and would likely be right in their own way, that your choice not to participate in society directly contributes to its downfall. At a base level, choosing not to be a part of society means you choose not to participate in a system that decides where to dispose of and source things like weapons and nuclear waste, which can effect your own environment wether or not you consider yourself a part of society.

We through our cumulative choices as a species have decided to self destruct through the extreme expansion in our systems complexity to tackle our collective problems. We as humans tend to evolve complexity in our systems to combat issues, which brings more complex problems as well, as we do not know when to simplify and reduce complexity in systems. We are all feasting on the corpse of society, millennia in the making, not in the sense of /pol/ where society was functional 100 years ago without the fed, but in the sense that our societies are fundamentally flawed and build unsustainable complex systems as a base trait.

>> No.53370104

>>53369416
Fake and based.