[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 830 KB, 264x256, 1670143601845537.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53253746 No.53253746 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone runs a supplement biz? How to start one.
Alternatively does anyone promote their product on tiktok share your tips.

>> No.53255512

>>53253746
Read "Zero to a Million in One Year" book.

It talks about how you find suppliers in Alibaba and you can negotiate with them to sell supplements.

Supplements are not profitable unless you sell them to a market, such as "supplement for old men with gray hair". Of course, you have to be less obvious, but all ads and such must be like that.

I want to release a shampoo but I cannot get a supplier.

>> No.53255586

>>53255512
I very much doubt they are not profitable, just look at the amazon products for vitamin supplements, nootropic stacks, caffeine etc.

I actually thought about creating a caffeine based supplement that i often take but not always is on stock, but you need bigish start capital i guess and you need a local producer, none is buying pills from china

>> No.53255738

>>53255586
If you can compete with those sellers that have negotiated cheap prices with suppliers for years, sure, you can compete with them. If you are just starting, it is unlikely you will make a significant profit, although you will get some money. People are buying pills from China anyway because the seller's country is not the same as that of the supplier. But don't worry, most suppliers are well regulated and would not risk losing the license to sell to the West by fucking it up.

You may also create your own pills somehow, which is even more expensive and requires lots of licenses that your suppliers would already have anyway.

However, you shall focus on a brand rather than a product. A brand has a public, a purpose. A product can be copied or replaced by another, but a brand is legally protected, people choose it and pic one of many products, and you can sell it for literal millions.

>> No.53255852

>>53255586
BTW, nothing is stopping you from creating a logo using AI, a cheap site, and contacting an Alibaba supplier to sell a generic vitamin, with no marketing and no specific public.

You can buy them, IDK, 100 items with your logo and label on them. Try to sell them on Amazon and see how it goes. Even if you lose some money, you will probably learn a lot, maybe you are lucky.