[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 27 KB, 800x450, e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53204321 No.53204321 [Reply] [Original]

Financially speaking, I and my gf both live at our parents home's and have been saving money to eventually get a house. My gf has been going on about getting an apartment together sometime this year but I'm just too comfy at home just working and saving money while continuing to DCA into bitcoin. Is it worth getting an apartment together when we can both just continue saving money living at our family's homes? I've tried to tell her that once interests rates come down and the bull market comes back well be in a better position to buy a house but she's insistent on getting an apartment. What would you do bros?

>> No.53204344

>>53204321
>DCA into bitcoin
You don’t have a girlfriend

>> No.53204380

>>53204321
First of all, never buy something with a woman. But since you're a cuck and already past that point - owning is better in every way.

>I do what I want in my.home (renos, loud music, guests, etc)
>I pay my mortgage at the end of the month, not at the beginning like a rentcuck
>I will not get evicted, I will not have my rent increased, I will not have any landlord pajeet bug me every year
>if the economy goes to shit - I don't care. I will always have a place to live.
>If I decide to move, I can sell my place.

>> No.53204409

>>53204321
Hey man. Let me be honest with you as a 35yo married male with a son. Never, and I mean fucking -never- let your spouse pressure you into any financial decision. not now, not when she has her mouth on your cock, not when youre 65 and grilling burgers for your grandkids. The reasons are twofold. 1) in my experience women make almost every decision subjectively and not objectively, meaning she is only concerned with her current situation and not -the- situation as a whole. 2) the decision is emotional. You buy crypto so you know the king of all bad decisions is FOMO. Thats all shes doing is trying to fomo into an apartment because one of her friends has one and she saw it on pinterest or some shit. Not her fault, its how they are and God bless em. but thats not how we are, and never let them pressure into doing it their way. I can prove it. Have her explain to you her reasoning and look for emotional keywords. Shes using them. Good luck and God speed and keep doing what youre doing. One more thing. For fucks sake buy the house in your name only with your money, dont let her put one fucking cent into the down payment or put her name on the mortgage.

>> No.53204431

>>53204409
following up on my own post because fuck it youre worth it. If she bitches about the house, tell her youll take care of the down payment and she can furnish the place. Shell want to pick out everything anyway so fuck it make her pay for it and keep your deed in your name.

>> No.53204462

>>53204409
Listen to this guy

>> No.53204469

>>53204409
Pretty good advice. I understand wanting to move in together as we've been together 4 years but my rationale is why rush into getting an apartment when we can just stay with our parents and save money for another year or so and get a house. I don't like feeling pushed into a financial situation I don't have to be in although in her eyes it's not taking the relationship to the next step.

>> No.53204495

>>53204431
Based advice. Thanks anon

>> No.53205186

>>53204321
I don't know how much you make and which part of USA do you live, but in my country housing (vs flats/apartments) can have some major disadvantages that will eat your money and or time.
Heating system (buying the fuel, cleaning all the shit before the late autumn and heating season and so on), plumbing system, lawn, shoveling snow, garden work (if you have any) all can take away a lot of time and or money.
If anything sometimes it feels better to live in a big flat and then just go to some small country villa if you want to get away from the urban landscape.

>> No.53205237

>>53204409
Inshallah

>> No.53205915

Late, but anon are right.
Buying beats renting.
I move a lot because of work and just bought my first house recently.
Before this job, you rent, you move and that money goes towards somebody else.
Now that I own, and because of the housing market, I can actually make money when I move.
No dealing with neighbors across the hall/up/down.
Can do what you want.
If you have the money, housing is a good investment

>> No.53206656

She is correct, you need to live together for a time before you marry and purchase a house you gigantic moron
the only way to test the waters with cohabitation is to rent an inexpensive apartment for a while
jfc imagine holding up someone's entire life script by telling her you're waiting on jpow to pivot

>> No.53206878

>>53206656
That's the debate. Waiting to buy a house and saving more money by OP continuing to stay with family or getting an apartment with OP's GF and eventually getting a house but wasting money being a rent cuck.

>> No.53206892

>>53206878
that is not a debate
not trying to cohabitate with the girl before putting a ring on it is what dipshit bible thumping goyim do and then act surprised when she divorces them and takes half
btw that's a lot more expensive than a couple years rent