[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 186 KB, 1920x1246, dex.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
52728035 No.52728035 [Reply] [Original]

Top 3 upcoming trends in DeFi.

• Aggregators
• Cross-chain
• User-friendly UX/UI

Solid mention for ORN.

>> No.52728041

>>52728035
THOR or 1INCH

>> No.52728074

Aggregators

Liquidity is a vital component of DeFi and constrains the big players.
Aggregators obtain liquidity from multiple DEXs. Users can use only one platform for trading. It's suitable and more liquid.

>> No.52728082

Another way to increase liquidity is CEX/DEX Aggregators.

CEXs have great liquidity, more than DEX. Combining DEX/CEX pools significantly increases overall market liquidity and makes DeFi more attractive for large players.

An example of these projects is Orion protocol.

>> No.52728088

Cross-chain

Too many DEXs are one problem; another problem is that these DEXs exist across different chains.
The cryptocurrency landscape is becoming increasingly complex and fragmented. EVM, Not-EVM, L2 solutions, ZK rollup. Crypto is becoming very difficult for users.

>> No.52728099

Doesnt thorchain solve this by using rune as base currency for every pair? I don't own any yet.

>> No.52728100

User-friendly UX/UI

It's essential for DeFi mass adoption. Many crypto projects today look like beta testing applications for geeks. For the average fiat user, the current dApps interface is incomprehensible.

>> No.52728110

>>52728099
Yes.

>> No.52728115

Aggregators, Cross-chain and User-friendly UX/UI trends are very closely related. They can collect DeFi together, like puzzles, and make DeFi more friendly.

ORN imo is the best protocol out there.

>> No.52728130

>>52728115
Yre you saying that ORN is capable of doing all this?

>> No.52728134

>>52728130
ORN was built for this. I'm not making it up

>> No.52728704

>>52728035
You missed out on privacy, jeet.

>> No.52729119
File: 957 KB, 1764x1924, sad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>52728035
>aggregators
so 2021
>Cross-chain
can't wait
>User-friendly UX/UI
I think it was pretty solid since Uniswap v2. Maybe even Bancor v1. In fact it influenced CEX UX, that's how good it was. Compared to just a few years ago (remember etherdelta forkdelta and idex? lmao).
I'm looking into some of the cross-chain solutions at the moment, they look buggy af but that's definitely the direction.
Not gonna put a lot of money in them though. I'm even getting money out of classic DeFi atm, yields have gone to shit, stables yield 15 at best.
Last week I had choice of 15 different pools on Yield Samurai with 40% APY and only good stables (DAI USDC PAX BUSD). Now it's 15% for ones that might be $0 tomorrow fuck that

>> No.52729125

>>52728130

>> No.52729178
File: 103 KB, 915x744, 1670078415548029.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

interesting topic. chainlink ccip will be core solution for any cross bridge. otherwise no one can provide security aspects as pro as the chainlink team. it will enable low fees.
and i am not sure about how to monetize cross-chain data. i do like grt idea but i dont like token economics behind it. chainlink have different services and adding new ones. because there is a market for offchain computation. whereas grt is just doing one thing and only value proposition is protocols need to pay to have a data dashboard. it can be maintained by protocol developers as well, why would I need a grt token?
aggregators have an interesting business too. chainlink job is hard because it contains a lot of cs knowledge. whereas aggregators are simpler and the main engineering happening as on-chain computation. so if you are already known and have a working algorithm, you are the winner already.
i think thorchain-like multi-chain dex will be a winner of our situation. cex's failed to provide trust, on-chain dex's are fine but they are not working with raw assets/blockchains. uniswap is only works with renBTC/WBTC like bridged protocols. whereas thorchain directly works with raw blockchain.
I am not sure how can we invest anything with ui/ux. but thanks anon, interesting points.

>> No.52729851

>>52728035
You should make this 4 and add zkKYC. It seems you're thinking about increased adoption of crypto, but not really gonna happen unless there are clearer regulations.
>Aggregators
>User-friendly UX/UI
Redpill me on this. What are some projects I should look at?
>Cross-chain
On a semi-related note what happened to zkBridges? There was that paper that showed how to implement a specific case with certain blockchain types but is there a project to invest in that has bridges between a lot of different cryptocurrencies or atleast some of the popular ones?