[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 106 KB, 900x831, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
51519216 No.51519216 [Reply] [Original]

Binance now requires EEA users to re-verify (!) their account until October 12th, otherwise their account will be set to "withdraw only".
It will presumably be possible to comply at a later date and regain full access to all services (just like in the past).
The new directive in question is the Sixth Money Laundering Directive (6AMLD):
>6AMLD provides EU member states with clarification on emerging money laundering threats, defining the regulatory requirements introduced in 5AMLD in greater detail.

Harmonization: 6AMLD provides a harmonized definition of money laundering across all EU countries in order to close loopholes in domestic legislation. That harmonization includes an expanded list of 22 money laundering predicate offenses, including cybercrime, environmental crime, tax crime, and human trafficking and smuggling.
Harmonization is EU law-speak for: the law is the same across all member states. (Denmark might have opted-out, not sure though).

Previous AMLDs were already targetting "tax crime" but they turned out to be nothingburgers for the average Binance user.
There is no indication that Binance is required to report users to their national tax agencies (they would if they were legally required to, duh) but I will personally wait out how the implementation of this AMDL will work out it practice before going through any new KYC.

You can read the text (in English, available in all EU member states' languages) here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:52021PC0420&from=EN

Check out Article 18
>Identification and verification of the customer’s identity:
(....)obliged entities shall obtain at least the following information in order to identify the customer and the person acting on their behalf:

place of residence, tax ID number, occupation, national ID number etc etc
TL;DR:
set up an account on another exchange and slowly but surely move your funds there
Even if you dont comply with KYC, you'll be able to withdraw.

>> No.51519653

>>51519216
Me on the left.

Also
>EU
top kek

>> No.51521797
File: 164 KB, 750x750, 1663524404329869.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>51519216
ok, so what are the alternatives that do not require KYC , but also let me buy shit with my debit card? anyone have any decent non-faggot advice?

>> No.51521971

>>51519216
Source?
The moment they want my tax number i have a problem since i became a nomad in the meantime
Fuck i should get a residence in so shithole at least on paper

>> No.51522013

>>51519216
I think they just asked me for another picture of my id and a selfie. Based on how quickly i got verified after sending the pic and the fact that i have a third world paper ID which doesnt even have my name in latin characters , makes me believe they don’t check them too thoroughly

>> No.51522056

>>51522013
Funniest thing is, cant look into the details once you uploaded them

Btw
Would it make sense to just get some crypto debit cards for my granddad which i could use as emergency backup?