[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 66 KB, 2040x1110, chailninksavior.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5118225 No.5118225 [Reply] [Original]

>be sergey, typcial run of the mill quasi-sjw upper east west jew
>work for four years on smartcontract.com and decide to have an ico to democratize (a very small portion of) the wealth (his words about icos) even though he could get funding from VCs and angel investors easily
>suddenly 4chan is the place where 95% of the chatter about the coin online is taking place, it's a literal who coin at reddit and bitcointalk
>if he succeeds he's going to make a lot of people at a place he probably reviles very wealthy

How do you think he feels about this? Why did this happen? It's true I was checking out some of the lists of top alt coins and forums posts for 2018: Chainlink makes it into none of them and gets mentioned in the comments by like literally one nobody. Can /biz/ be so wrong on this one?

>> No.5118245 [DELETED] 

buy mco, dcorp, and snm that's what our Relational Branding Coordinator said.

>> No.5118266

>>5118225
>how can /biz/ be so wrong on this one
When was /biz/ ever right ?
/biz/ told me LTC was shit, that Ripple was shit, that IOTA was shit, etc etc.

90% of the stuff you read here is garbage, learn to tell apart the good info from the bad info.

>> No.5118285

Dunno man, either we're smart money or we're the only ones stupid enough to talk about this before it takes off

Or, you know, decentralization is a meme and people have no problem trusting others with their money

>> No.5118296

VCs wouldn't give him 32 million.

>> No.5118310

>>5118266
They also say Link is shit

I think people here fud the good projects to accumulate off weak hands

>> No.5118344

>>5118266
>/biz/ told me LTC was shit, that Ripple was shit, that IOTA was shit,

And they aren't wrong. Dumb money can pump shit coins just as much as good ones. It's all about the future technological value of the coin in question.

Litecoin in the future will likely provide nothing of value if the lightning network for BTC happens, for example. Dumb money on coinbase does not understand marketcaps and saw "cheap" $100 coins and thought they would buy in before litecoin hits 20k like BTC.

/biz/ was 100% right about BTC and ETH though.

>> No.5118418

>>5118266
Are you ready for GNT to be shit? ;)

>> No.5118622

>>5118225
He isn't Jewish.

>> No.5118684

>>5118296
Source?

>> No.5118738

Since when is Sergey a quasi-sjw? Maybe a left leaning Libertarian at best?

>> No.5118770

The whole thing with ICOs is that literally none of these projects would get a red dime from venture capitalists EXCEPT those who already did, and for whom the ICO is a means to recoup at leat their initial investment.
Just watch 1 shark tank episode on youtube, to see the minimum a startup has to bring to the table to get an investment from professional investors, and realize even then the majority of deals falls through aftrr due dilligence.

>> No.5118852

>>5118622

He sure as fuck sounds like it and has the mannerisms and was wearing a kippah in the devcon presentation. Obviously his name isn't but his mother must be. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't