[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 68 KB, 1022x731, It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50892045 No.50892045 [Reply] [Original]

Does everyone really believe that it's only up from here? The only thing I know about capital markets is that it's a dog eat dog world and it's all about extracting capital.
One of two things,
Whales and the like are unironically ready to pump the price and there's no going back from here
or
This is a bull trap for another leg down

I'm leaning toward option #2 because everything just seems so easy at this point. Every dip is eaten. Price action is literally linearly increasing. An actual y=mx+b pump. At this point I'm hypothesizing exchanges have come to the conclusion they have enough reserve capital to eat every dip and run their buys along a linear trend. There's no evidence of retail buying. Consumer credit is the highest its ever been. Housing prices are going down (I bought my house in 2016 but my Zestimate is down 5% in the last month, which when it comes to housing this is dramatic), and as we've seen tech is starting layoffs, earnings are neutral to poor across the board.

Other than "lmao get fucked!" or any other generic edgy replies, does anyone agree with me with unique insight that this trend upwards is weird? Rate hikes, CPI, PPI, Russia, and everything else is priced in yet the merge is not and neither is BTC to $1,000,000. Selectively bullish narratives across the board makes me think we're going to have another leg down next week. Thanks for reading.

>> No.50892123

>>50892045
always impossible to tell, until it happens

>> No.50892142

it's a doggy dog world anon

>> No.50892168

>>50892045
Only talking about eth here, but I've seen a lot of unofficial polls on my tl like this the last week suggesting the majority of crypto participants got absolutely caught off guard by this august giga pump. Everyone wants to take the merge trade but nobody wants to take it after a +100% totally irrational up-only pump with zero relief dips. It may really just be that the may/june lows were much more of a black swan than anyone really understood, and this latest recovery is just the market healing from massive cascading forced liquidations. Everyone is eyeballing everyone else wondering if they just need to get the fuck in now and hold on tight, as the merge is in 35 days and nobody can bear to wait any longer for a better entry.

For stocks, yeah, it's fucked, the S&P over the last six months is a more smooth, vertical dildo than even the 2020 recovery pump at this point. It definitely feels unnatural. I am basically one of the sidelined money people who was waiting for $700 eth, SPY 3k, etc to get into the markets, but I am close to just giving up and yoloing my nw in eth and hoping the triple halvening meme plays out. Ultimately eth could octuple from here and still be worth less than apple, and it's about to become the world's de facto distributed decentralized computing system with ESG compliance and new staking lockup ponzinomics. I've decided it's a good enough bet to override any concerns I have with the macro environment, because when I look at macro I don't want to invest in anything but this attitude has had a massive opportunity cost the past six weeks and I'm sick of missing out.

>> No.50892181
File: 14 KB, 596x320, sideline.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50892168
fucking image fuck

>> No.50892259

>>50892123
True, and anyone that bought last year during the run would likely be in the red right now.
>>50892142
Was debating using this correct version instead of the incorrect one I typed, nice catch
>>50892168
>and I'm sick of missing out
That's why I'm feeling so weird about this. It seems when I don't want to sell and I'm a genius that's when to sell. When I'm ready to fomo that's when I shouldn't be buying.
I wouldn't be surprised if we drop like a rock in the coming weeks but I also wouldn't be surprised if I lose out on another opportunity.
>>50892181
What does this even mean?