[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 19 KB, 420x420, 2b528f5b8b1cad7fbe5476d68b5f96d6--posts-memes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50131471 No.50131471 [Reply] [Original]

were between 2010 and 2021
its actually fucking over isn't it
michael berries was right
we left 2008 just leveraging even more debt to avoid a crash, but now we're gonna actually crash aren't we
tell me why we WILL NOT crash

>> No.50131504

>>50131471
It’s over anon. You summed up the why well

>> No.50131523

How high are you right now, OP?

>> No.50131558

>>50131523
2008 was companies levering themselves representing a risk
federal borrowing rates have been near zero since 2008. the federal government basically just took on that risk and while we created legislation such that we wouldn't overleverage, it seems we somehow did
>i will not ever use 10x leverage, 2x leverage is fine
>months later
>10x is honestly manageable, 100x is just stupid tho
~ US gov

>> No.50131593

>>50131471
yeah, we're basically fucked. the thing is that we might never really know the reality of how badly fucked we are because it's in the best interest of those in power to lie about it

>> No.50131696
File: 126 KB, 937x1024, 1655035208388.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50131593
i think this timeline is funny,
>4th of july bbq now 17c lower than last year
>try alternative meats
>inflation is transitory
>ok inflation is here but it's not that bad
>putin did inflation
>a recession probably isn't gonna happen
>ok so a recession is probably on the docket
you are here
>i wouldn't call it a depression
>things will get better, just keep your head up
>war is possible
>war is the only thing that stands between the free world and happiness
>a lot of people died, better build back the world we used to have
>ok things are good now, but remember the problems of the past
>life is better than it ever was
>you have smart phones in your brain, life is good
>4th of july virtual bbq is now 17x faster than last year
>try alternative servers

i do not believe the world economy is going to crash-crash great depression style. it will be bad, but i dont think its going to be some world imploding event. there will be concentration of wealth. there will be some own nothing and be happy. but overall we're at a wonderful tipping point to ask ourselves what we want our future to look like and i think this is ultimately going to lead to the dissolution of the traditional stock market as we know it.

stocks, in the future, will strictly be associated with dividends ONLY. you own 1 share, you own a part of the company and you're paid out via profits straight up. stocks that pay dividends are unironically like utility tokens. stocks that are voting rights are unironically like governance tokens (no one except like 10 people ever have the weight in order to vote anyway, ie the board of directors). then the worst class of stocks, like tesla, unironically do nothing. stock not needed.

i think after this crash there will be a ban on governance stocks, and stock not needed. a return to true dividend stocks and currency trading is the only sensical capital market i can think of. the rest of it is simply meme loopholes in money markets.