[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 39 KB, 657x527, 1510040275286.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4829584 No.4829584 [Reply] [Original]

DO you guys have a minimum buy/sale trade value? What do you buy for a minimum amount in a small coin? 20? 50? more?

>> No.4829894

>>4829584
Count doesn’t matter it’s about the value relative to the currency it settles in.
I buy however many I can until costs exceed the amount I want to risk. So if a coin is worth .01 bitcoin, and I want to risk one bitcoin, I buy 100 of said coin.
Unless the objective is to accumulate the target coin, at which point I suppose count is more important but if you’re just trading to get more of a different currency you ought to think in terms of that base currency.

>> No.4829954

>>4829894
>Count doesn’t matter it’s about the value relative to the currency it settles in.

dont the fees eat at the money going back and forth? What are the fees for buying and selling altcoins?

I'm thinking of just using the MCAD and RSI to buy and sell here and there, see if I can roll some bc into an altcoin, then get out when I see its overbought.

>> No.4830166

>>4829954
Fees differ between exchanges and for that I use a percentage. My example will be the stock market because they have cash fees (unlike crypto which is a % of the purchased coin).

Say I want to buy $500 worth of a stock. For that I get 20 shares. It costs me $20 round trip to buy and sell the stock.
$20 is 4% of $500, which means in order to profit from the trade I need to make 4%.

Generally, the more you buy the less % needs to be made to cover fees.

If I wanted to buy the same stock with only $100 I need to make a whopping 20% gain in order to be in profit (because I’m spending $20 to make the trade).

By the way trading on RSI is a bit risky because, on one hand it often does work. But on the other hand it’s very obvious to serious players who will eat up your position.
If you choose to use them, long term is better.

>> No.4830286

Whether crypto or stocks, I look for a three month period of average stability and flat line or upward trend + consistent rising trade volume. The actual value of the thing doesn't matter as much.

>> No.4830925

>>4830166
>obvious to serious players

I dont think anyoen is going to be looking at buy orders at 100 or 200 and deciding I'm buying on an RSI position....right?

>> No.4831019

when you sell bitcoin for a profit, do you shift it into ether or some other thing? or do you pull it into cash, and then rebuy?

>> No.4831105

why is the bitscreener and cryptowatch price different for BTC?

>> No.4831308

bump