[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 4 KB, 225x225, 1508680282656.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4237021 No.4237021 [Reply] [Original]

CTO from IBM blockchain financial services is doing an AMA on Reddit.

Q:"Is the partnership with Stellar temporary or long term? Will the network be integrated with IBMs cross border payments permanently?"
A: "This partnership is not just long term - it’s tight. Stellar joined the Hyperledger Foundation in addition to partnering on this project.
There are many upcoming projects coming up this year about to be announced. Stay tuned :)"

Q: "Hi! When does IBM plan to start using Lumens for transactions?"
A: "Immediately. The week of the announcement, we transacted with a few tightly monitored real-world value transfers. Through this year, you’ll see that traffic increasing gradually as more transactions are allowed to move through without tight monitoring.
Basically: this is real money, affecting real people. There is zero room for error, so we’re making damn sure the system is built for scale."

Q: "What role XLM will perform in your project?"
A: "XLM (Lumens) will be used as the settlement asset for cleared transactions. It will work something like this:
Person A, who has USD, wants to pay a farmer (Person B) in Fiji, who wants FijiDollars. Person A tells their institution to execute that transfer of value. The institution debits their USD account based on the quote from USD -> XLM -> FJD, and sends XLM to the recipient institution, who then chooses to hold their XLM for other transactions or immediately sell them to a market marker.
This is the first step to creating a world where excess capital - in whatever denomination - can be used to invest in any other jurisdiction.
My blog post - I swear, it’s coming soon :) - will go into a lot more detail on this."

A: "There is a (long awaited) blog post coming this week to answer this more directly.
Long and short: XLM is used as the institutional settlement mechanism for cleared transactions. This system is in production and actively used to settle transactions today."

>> No.4237032

More here : https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellar/comments/7bfbuj/hi_im_michael_dowling_group_cto_and_chief/

>> No.4237096

Q: "I go here to see how many transactions on the stellar network. https://dashboard.stellar.org/ It looks like about 5K per day now. Will IBM intiated transaction volume be on the Stellar network within six months? if so, what will the numbers look like on that dashboard?"
A: "I cannot divulge too much information about volume, for a few reasons. Mainly though, as you can imagine, clients of participants on the network do not want too much information about their activities public.
I would guesstimate that traffic will greatly increase after 4Q2017/1Q2018 as more participants and market makers join the network, and as other assets (other than XLM) are issued and used as settlement channels."

Q: "Hi Michael and welcome here!
When do you think IBM will deploy the solution?"
A: "It’s active now."

Q: "Greetings! Is the current payment solution active and what are the plans to scale?":
A: "It is active, and plans to scale include:
Adding additional assets, from other traditional currency issuers :), onto the Stellar network. This will facilitate even more settlement channels for participants on the network
Adding additional participants, both traditional financial institutions and non-traditional institutions.
The creation of a self-governing body of participants to manage the operating rules (next year, most likely)
The additional of existing, traditional network operators to the new network to advise on the creation of those operating rules"

>> No.4237349

just bought 100k

>> No.4237419
File: 3.52 MB, 1668x1525, IBM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh fuck I'm jacked to the tits

>> No.4237429
File: 129 KB, 1928x380, use this.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4237441

Ledger wallet when?

I'm waiting for Stellar ledger wallet support since April.

>> No.4237472

Get in boys, we're mooning!

>> No.4237496

if it moons it wont be for a few weeks

>> No.4237511
File: 18 KB, 180x165, 180px_Wario.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

priced in

>> No.4237526

he's full of shit with his blatant shilling

>> No.4237740

>>4237429
>filename
this is either the dumbest shill or the sublest fudder in existence

>> No.4237775

>i bought the top of the pump and dump please buy my bags

>> No.4237790

>>4237740
zozzle

>> No.4237965
File: 99 KB, 1213x506, Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 4.01.41 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4237775
do some TA, find a good place to cut losses and then find a good place to buy back in.
that big diagonal upward line at the bottom of my chart looks like the overall trend line for the bottoms.
it's a daily chart btw
we've started another solid uptrend so it may be worth it to bite the bullet, sell and then wait patiently for the next time it touches that bottom line to buy your position back