[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 59 KB, 221x238, ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETT.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4099745 No.4099745 [Reply] [Original]

If this man were your grand dad would you defy ol' pops?

>> No.4099763
File: 266 KB, 980x742, 1507516699034.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4099745
probs desu I hate authority

>> No.4099772

We'll see what happens to the stock market in a few months ya old faggit

>> No.4099794

>>4099745
Yes. But that's because my objectives are different to his:
He's after companies that will still be around in 40 years, Bitcoin may continue to rise but what supersedes it, what splits for the chain happen in the next 40 years are debatable.

He didn't invest in IBM till like 6 years ago because he "didn't understand technology" and he considers Facebook too risky for his liking.

He also doesn't like Bitcoin for the same reason he doesn't like cash - it is passive. Bonds earn you money, shares earn you money. Cash and Bitcoin don't. The only reason he holds onto billions of dollars in cash (and I'm pretty sure that's more in bonds than actual cash) is for liquidity.

He doesn't do FX - so he woudln't do Crypto.

Having said that, I'm not looking for a portfolio weighted towards 40 year investments, I need that money in the next few years to invest in other things - so for me, yes, I would defy him

>> No.4099893
File: 75 KB, 960x724, 1505228590309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4099745
definitely. This is our timeline and inevitability as a species:

>humans stop being majority Nomads because younger gen are tired of walking around aimlessly instead of working the land, older gen regardless of status hated the shit out of it and said it would fail
>new agricultural methods are developed by new, younger and bolder innovators, older gen regardless of status hated the shit out of them and said it would fail
>mass book production created by younger gen, older gen regardless of status hated the shit out of them and said it would fail
>moving pictures and animations created by younger gen, older gen regardless of status hated the shit out of it and said it would fail
>digital age emerges increasing efficiencies and no longer needing mechaincal "real" systems, older gen regardless of status hated the shit out of it and said it would fail
>video games becomes a thing and makes hollywood its bitch financially, older gen regardless of status hated the shit out of them and said it would fail
>humanity starts relying on tech for vital services,older gen regardless of status hated the shit out of it and even created Y2K panic over nothing, attempting to MAKE the system fail

Blockchain emerges as a solution to failing and pathetic fiat system, can you guess what the majority older gen, regardless of status, thinks of it?

Asking warren for his opinion on bitcoin is equivalent to asking an african tribesman what he thinks of the locomotive, or a communist what he thinks about capitalism