[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 30 KB, 480x480, 1500029544566.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3619827 No.3619827 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /biz/, let's talk a bit about politics, campaign funding, and cryptocurrency for a second.

What do you think the role of crypto will play in the future of politics. Specifically, what role with crypto have to do with the future of campaign funding?

Let's say for example either Monero, or Verge's Wraith Protocol is actually successful and we'll reach a future where it is extremely difficult if not impossible to track where money comes from. How will politics handle that? Will there be a public outcry?

I can imagine privacy crypto being essentially SuperPAC funding on steroids. The new Dark Money.

What do you think? It's a subject I do not see discussed ever.

>> No.3620248
File: 97 KB, 436x638, meme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>crypto will make campaign funding corrupt

fucking neet: thinking people in washington are not already/been corrupt

>> No.3621055

>>3619827
I have a different set of concerns when it comes to privacy coins. I'm trying to figure out what the market situation will be when crypto gets serious legislation passed against it.
When the IRS and SEC actually start coming after people making money from bitcoin and altcoins, or even requiring taxes to be paid on public transactions, there will be a mass exodus to privacy coins. This isn't something that can be stopped but it doesn't mean they won't try. I believe strict government controls are inevitable and it will be a disaster when it finally happens.

I'm concerned about the security and stability of privacy coins. Bitcoin, everything is public and it gives people confidence. On the other hand, a private decentralized coin could get exploited and nobody would know (Think back to the bitcoin transaction in 2010 that created almost 100 billion coins and required a hard fork to correct). These coins are the future, and these problems will have to be addressed.

>> No.3621175

>>3619827
To address your concerns about crypto in politics:
Yes there will be public outcry, but it will be irrelevant.
My reasoning here is that invisible transactions won't change anything.
A huge amount of money in politics is already contributed illegally or in ways that bypass the law entirely, such as overpaying politicians for services such as speeches or consultation.
Even if this money can be tracked, there is rarely any prosecution. Because oftentimes, no law is technically being violated.
The only thing that changes is, what little of a paper trail there is, will disappear. This personally does not concern me. Politics is already pretty dark

>> No.3621305

>>3619827
I think the bigger issue will be moving money out of the countries, not within them for political reasons.

>> No.3621322

>>3619827
The problem with politics isn't that there's too much corporate money going to politicians it's that politicians have too much monopoly power over markets.

Once governments lose control of their monopoly over currencies and have to compete with decentralized currencies which are not deprecating, than their ability to enforce their cartelizing regulations goes with it.

At this point there is no reason to bribe bureaucrats because they become impotent and unimportant.

Anyways look how much more money Clinton spent than Trump. Sometimes that shit doesn't matter.

And do you think the Clintons needed stealth coins to becom filthy rich? Niga please.

>> No.3621335
File: 631 KB, 1242x2208, IMG_4886.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3619827
We already live in ZOG. If anything, these privacy currencies will help our societies

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/paax7z/this-twitter-bot-tracks-neo-nazi-bitcoin-transactions