[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 208 KB, 396x385, 1628641.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
357552 No.357552 [Reply] [Original]

I don't like working.
I don't care for money.
I don't have any interests besides typical stuff like getting laid, booze, eating food, watching movies, surfing and playing soccer.
What do?

>> No.357554

Work for a short time and make lots of money.

Retire young.

>> No.357562

>>357552
You probably need money to pursue those interests, so you need to work or add value to people's lives in exchange for money to finance them.

>> No.357563

>>357554
Only if it was THAT easy...

>> No.357564

>>357562
> so you need to work or add value to people's lives
I don't care for other people's values. They don't care for mine.

>> No.357580

>>357564
3edgy5me

>> No.357587

welfare/ social assistance/ prison

>> No.358452

>>357552
Kill yourself

>> No.358956

>>357564
I cut myself on that edge

>> No.358979

>>357552
Congratulations OP, you are a pleb. Now make my expensive morning coffee to my exact specifications, by the way, I don't tip.

I'm sure one of the baristas will have low enough standards to drink booze and have sex with you.

>> No.360559

>>357580
>>358956
How in the fuck is that edgy?

>> No.360575

>>360559
Nihilism is for bored teenagers, not rational thinking adults who actually understand the concept of responsibilities and social and cultural participation.

>> No.360577

>>360575
Don't you feel superior...

>> No.360589

>>360577
He should. Nihilism is stupid. Its logical conclusion is suicide if you're unhappy in your current situation.

>> No.360756

>>357552
I'm in a similar position, OP, only that I don't really care for any of those interests you have. This life a shit.

>> No.360764

>>360589
nihilism isn't about suicide you retard

plus do you even understand philosophy?

what about absurdism?
what about primitivism?

oh yeah, I'm on biz

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

>> No.360781

>>360764
I never said it was. I said when looked at through an objective lens, suicide is the logical solution to the ennui brought about by OP's state. The world doesn't conform to what brings him happiness; why not just end it? There's literally no reason not to.

My understanding of philosophy isn't comprehensive; it's cursory at best. I always thought absurdism was neat; never really read into it much. No clue about primitivism.

Don't assume people are idiots because they're dismissive of certain schools of thought, slappy.

>> No.360790

>>360781
I consider myself an absurdist since I don't follow ideas just because

read more into it, suicide is the logical solution but at the same time it isn't

read "the myth of sysiphus" read the whole thing before you kill yourself

but OP is a fag tho

>> No.360799

>>357552
leave /biz/ and stop attention whoring?

>> No.360803

>>360790
Do you mean the myth of Sisyphus, or an actual piece called "The Myth of Sisyphus."

I'm familiar with the former. It really doesn't have much bearing on OP. Although it's a nihilistic wet dream.

>> No.360829

>>357552
>What do?

get over yourself

>> No.360869

your best bet is to get social security disability

hire a lawyer that specializes in that

>> No.360871
File: 1.52 MB, 200x200, 1368969215237.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Doesnt like working
>Doesnt care about money
>Has no interests related to those things

Why are you here? Fuck off, this is the business section of the 4chan newspaper. Not the advice column.

There are enough shitty threads here. If you have an actual question even loosely relating to the subject of this board you will be welcomed but this does not meet those requirements.

>> No.360872

well, fact is that you somehow need money in order to survive in current times. so either get a 20h part-job or rob senile citizens. i myself decided for a job.

or just have a smart idea in your young age and try your luck with a startup company.

>> No.360874

>>357552

Why do you want to live? You don't want to actually do anything that contributes to the human race / your nation / your town / your family so why should you even live?

Personally I would have people like you either forced to work or kille

>> No.360876

>>360803
there's an actual book based on the myth

it basically explains the idea behind the myth

it's a 101 on absurdism which it could be taken as a form of nihilism

>> No.360979

>>360874

not him, but what if the thing I want to do (be a politician, make laws rationally, without bias, and focus on creating the best society I can) is something completely impossible?

>> No.361269

>>360979

you're having an existential crisis

the world is fuck
no matter what you do you always fuck something or someone up in the process
there is no good and bad we just define what we consider good or bad and laws aren't there for the people but for the interests of the goverment and other businesses

(see marihuana legalization and how less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco is and still illegal in most places)

>> No.361292
File: 82 KB, 548x349, 1393728240302.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>358979

>tipping baristas

AHAHAHA please tell me that people don't actually do this

>heres your coffee, gib money pls

>> No.361296

>>360876
I just started The Brothers Karamazov; then I'm reading through Hemingway's catalog, so I'm pretty "booked" for the foreseeable future.

I guess I'll add it to my list, though.

>> No.361299

>>361292
Well, they're the kind of people who are dumb enough to spend a meaningful amount of money on coffee in the first place.

It's basically free if you're not stupid about where you buy it.

>> No.361407

>>361299
>coffee
>free
HAHAHHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING FILTHY NIGGER FUCK

Drink some real coffee, maybe some quality expresso, drink a fucking latte for fuck sake

I own my own expresso machine so I don't do starbucks

>> No.362029

>>361269
>there is no good and bad we just define what we consider good or bad and laws aren't there for the people but for the interests of the goverment and other businesses

But what if I'm also a Kantian and therefore believe that good and bad do exist?

>> No.362074

>>361407

what are some good beans that aren't $30/ 12oz?

>> No.362269

>>362074
buy mexican gourmet coffee it's really good

sometimes it's not on the price but on the quality

>> No.362698

>>362029
You are permitted to practice your beliefs so long as they don't infringe on other people's rights or beliefs. I'm talking about stealings, killings, violence not drugs. You have the right to report bad behavior and there's a path to dealing with evil that doesn't involve violence.

>> No.362776

>>357552
>surfing and playing soccer.
Mostly free if you don't bother with the latest and greatest.

>Getting laid
Free if you're not stupid.

>Booze
Can't really speak to this one. I'd imagine it's expensive but I don't really drink at all.

>Eating food
wat

>watching movies
Pirate like everyone else

TL;DR: Rent a shack by the ocean with a bunch of your stoner friends and live there till you're old.

>> No.362833

>I want to enjoy society's benefits without actually contributing anything
Good luck with that
>>361299
I go to coffee shops for the convenience and for dates. Spending $2 to spend a while in a place with nice atmosphere is worth it to me.
Then again, I live in Seattle.

>> No.363335

>>362776
>this

your needs are fucking easy as shit to sustain.

I live in a texas college town, so the cost of living is stupid cheap. My duplex is 500hundred a month for example(wood floors, 3bed, big backyard.

I know so many stoner pothead losers who are near their 30s and have worked easy part time jobs all their lives and have partied the years alway. Pretty much the kids that never leave this town.
Its stupid fucking easy OP, you just need roomates.

>> No.363344

>>362833
I was stationed at fort Lewis when I was in the Army. I honestly love Washington state. I love the weather, the scenery, lax gun laws.
Lots of nice places I wouldn't mind living.
but fuck Seattle, that place is a hippy hellhole. Ya, its probably one of the nicest metropolitan areas in the country, but fuck the smug people who live their.

Im from Texas

>> No.363355

>>360764
Yeah money, you need money man, lol grow up, you need money to get booze, eating food, watching movies, going to surf, % on getting laid, even if your parents give it to you, you need the fucking MONEY, and there is absolutely nothing that you can do it about it, if you try to take it by force you will get caught by the law, because thats how the world works. Edgy teenager.

>> No.363867

>>357554
This is actually the best advice on the board.

Have you googled "mr money moustache" or read the book "early retirement extreme"?

All excellent examples of what to do in your case.

>> No.365272

>>357552
>I don't care for money.
>starts to list things that require money.

News flash fagget; unless you wanna 'live off the land' off in some remote woodland area, you WILL need money, therefore you DO CARE about money.

Watching movies? Pirate them? Is free? Top lel, who's paying for the comp? Who's paying for the internet connection?

Playing soccer and surfing? For free? Although it might seem "free" on the surface but what about afterwards?v what about the replenishment of lost energy? Your water/drinks? Food? Etc

Booze? Free? Top lel

Getting laid? Ya it's possible but much much harder without spending money. What you gonna do? Try grab chicks to fuck with unwashed hippy clothes?

Where are you gonna live? Who's paying the rent/mortgage/taxes???

Everything is money. Grow up kid.

>> No.365610

>>363867
>mr money moustache

Thanks for turning me onto this. I'm definitely going to be reading this much more in-depth.

>> No.365734

>>360575
Social and cultural participation is voluntary you retard.

Besides, he`s hardly a nihlist just because he doesn`t care for others. You throw that word around like you know shit about philosophy.

>> No.365759

>>360589
>Nihilism is stupid. Its logical conclusion is suicide if you're unhappy in your current situation.
What? Killing yourself because you're unhappy implies that killing yourself is the only meaningful action in the situation, when the existential nihilism denies any inherit meaning. Killing yourself is just as meaningless as not killing yourself.

>> No.365775

>>360781
>I said when looked at through an objective lens, suicide is the logical solution to the ennui brought about by OP's state.
This 'objective lense' is based on reasoning through axioms which produce inherent meaning. This is not nihilism in the philosophical sense of the term, you are still guided by an objective truth that produces inherent meaning, which existential nihilism denies.

If all actions in life are inherently meaningless, then why does this give me justification for killing myself? The act of killing would be equally as meaningless as the act of living?

>> No.365787

Ethical egoism should be the /biz/ philosophy.

>> No.365810

>>360874
Not him, but... how the fuck do you go from not wanting to contribute to the society to killing yourself, smart-ass. You don't make any fucking sense.

>> No.365888

>>365610
No problem. His ideas are a little crazy and take some discipline as well as a high-paying career, but it can work.

Financially, it's not the best advice in the long-term, though. Realize that before you go into it.

>> No.365899

>>365787
>Ethical egoism
Why not loose the 'ethical' part and just have egoism. I think amoralism would be a better philosophy for /biz/. Morality seems to be a secondary consideration in the pursuit of profit, I'd rather not sugger coat the idea by adding 'ethical' at the beginning.

>> No.365907

>>357552
Im a bit like you, except I care about money but have no fucking clue where to start (trying to make it decent online and live freeee)

>> No.365911

>>357552
I'm like OP, except that I'm not even interested in getting laid, booze, or playing soccer (done all those things before and got bored of them)

I still like food though, and watching movies (kinda; though 99% of them suck so it's hard to find anything good)

I spend most of my time reading books about philosophy. I'm practically useless. The only good thing you can say about me is that I don't do anything bad, since I don't do anything at all.

>> No.365922

>>357552
buy dogecoin

wait a few years

>> No.367305

Working minimum wage is easy living as long as you don't own a house that requires tax or any mortgage shit

I've worked at a supermarket all my life
I have no care to retire because my job is easy and I can forget about it during the day