[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 60 KB, 600x382, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
347835 No.347835 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw I apply for funding through three enterprise schemes.
>tfw I get declined each time
>tfw mediocrely talented girl on my Facebook applies once for arts grant
>tfw life on easy mode, is grill, pretty, full of charm or pussy or whatever shit
>tfw she gets accepted instantly
>tfw I guarantee my business would be more lucrative than whatever whimsical shit she is doing

Anyone else having a shit time getting their huge idea off the ground?
It's got so bad I'm considering crowd funding.
I got nothing, can only just pay bills and then today a storm killed my tv and router somehow so I can't even start to make savings or progress without replacing stuff etc etc.
Shitty. What can I do biz?
Any way to get funding without having to meet demands of an investor?
I am in uk.

>> No.347842

>any way to get funding without meeting investor demands
You could take out a business loan instead.

>> No.347867

>>347842
Yea I thought that too.
Sadly, two of those enterprise schemes were exactly that.
Declined from a local council ran one because I've been registered self employed for several years and will still be acting as a sole trader.
The other didn't like my lack of financial forecast.
I'm an animator, have been for 10 years, and my business will be entirely revenue based.
While I will still take commissions to get by, the venture I want funding for is separate and I need serious new equipment to achieve the level in shooting for.

>> No.347872

Maybe you should stop having a shitty idea fagget.

>> No.347900

>>347872
>K thx for halp biz case closed.

If someone would actually let me pitch the idea they would see I'm not just some kid with a pipe dream.

I guess crowd funding might be my only option. Where would be the best one to raise around £6000 for a web series? Kickstarter seems more like it's for real products and I would be ignored outright.

>> No.347911

>>347900

Well tell us your idea.

>> No.347940

Get a job, save your money, and after a few years self finance your business. Starting a business off on debt means you're ALREADY starting off in the negative.... think about it...

Plus, if it's YOUR hard earned money you're spending, you're more likely to make wiser choices because you know the blood and sweat that went in to earning that money. Not that I'm singling you out OP, it's just human nature, and most businessmen who self-finance are more motivated and make wiser decisions.

>> No.347941

It's an animated web series.
Including website and comic etc.

It's not going to be trashy meme pollution but will deal with controversial and often offensive issues. It's very non-PC and probably why no government scheme wants anything to do with it.

I've got interest from some well known web voice artists and will be working with the team that built functionality for the BBC news website.

>> No.347954

Getting investors doesn't involve having a good idea, it involves having a plan. I sure hope you didn't tell them that your idea is more than lucrative than hers. That's amateur shit.

>> No.347957

>>347941
How do you plan on making money off some Newgrounds shit?

>> No.347977

>>347940
I can appreciate that but seriously I've tried. By the time I save and then find enough time to work, my equipment is outdated or something is going wrong. Other problems or things occupying my time, usually because of my job..etc. it is sound advice for anyone who hasn't dedicated their whole life to something..

I recently had to leave my job and at this point in time I have so much time and energy to sink into this that I figured it will be best to go all or nothing. Either way it will happen. If I'm going to work elsewhere and save, I'd be best off just building the website myself and buying equipment as and when I can afford it. That's always a backup but why waste this opportunity.

My entire life as an animator is nothing but blood sweat and tears. For once I just want a chance to prove my worth.

>> No.347984
File: 17 KB, 370x370, 1383274394657.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's already hundreds of websites like that. Just do it yourself and try to get lucky with views on youtube like cyanide and happines.

>> No.347995

>>347954
lol no I just saw her post earlier.
With the day I've had it was not welcome news.

>>347957
I only need to earn enough to survive. It's really not hard and I don't struggle with that as it is. It's just this initial hurdle stopping me reaching my true potential. I'm wanting to buy a cintiq tablet and some real professional hardware. This is at least youtube-tier "shit"

>> No.348001

>>347984

And also, you're a typical shit tier entrepreneur who is in love and delusional with his idea and can't look at it from an objective perspective and analyze the market for it. You just indulge in mental masturbation about its imaginary success in your mind.

That girl's idea was probably more realistic for those investors than some faggot trying to make a shitty animation about his own opinions.

>> No.348026

>>348001
Yes.

>> No.349126

>>347941
Whats your email I may be able to help you in like four - eight months. So if you give it don't expect an email from me till then.