[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 166 KB, 1280x720, edm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
29701949 No.29701949 [Reply] [Original]

Last year I was working 30 hours a week at 17/hr doing low stress but menial work. When I got promoted to a full time job working for 20/hr with health insurance and all that doing less bitchy work, I thought I hit the jackpot. I was so excited to finally be decent financially. I would have done anything they wanted me to.

Now I couldn't give less of a shit. I see how much easier it is to make money investing. Every second I waste catering to my low iq overlords I could spend looking for value stocks and crypto. At least working on myself and developing high value skills. I hate selling my time for such a menial amount.

It doesn't help that shit's been hectic lately because we're short staffed and most of the work I do is just fixing other people's mistakes from years ago. We're short staffed because everyone with an iq over 100 who works here yeets out in a year or less because they realize how much it sucks.

I want to find a new job, and I can actually get promoted here to a position that's more prestigious and would open me up to a better one down the road. But it's so tiresome. I think this board ruined me, I can't get excited about wage cucking anymore

>> No.29702174

>>29701949
>how much easier it is to make money investing
are you sure? just because you've got lucky a few times doesn't mean your luck is going to run out unless you really know what you're doing

>> No.29702867

>>29702174
Perhaps I did get lucky, but there's just so much shit I can be doing besides this work. So much shit that would probably do me more good in the long run.

It's mostly I just hate my boss. This is it for her. She puts in 120% of the effort I do but all she does is catch my mistakes and gives me more work to do. She has absolutely 0 skills that are actually helpful, and it kills me that she's my boss. Most of the time I just waste time answering her stupid questions and fixing her misconceptions. She gets confused super easily. And she has this always sunny disposition because this is it for her. This is literally the best thing she can be doing with her time. It's fucking aggravating.

>> No.29702915

>>29701949
Tough it out until the end of the year and dump every dollar you make into crypto. Think of your wages as the amount your work gives you multiplied by your investing positions.

>> No.29703754

I already handed in my resignation starting from april OP.

It's the best feeling ever.

Never going back to being a wagie, EVER.

WAGMI BOYS.

>> No.29704961

deal with it until you make it
imagine if you quit and the market gets hit a bear run and you gotta be like those poor fuckers that had to BEG to get their job back

soul destroying

>> No.29705697

>>29702915
What's going to happen at the end of the year/
>>29703754
Did you make it
>>29704961
Yeah you're probably right