[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 374 KB, 1200x721, chainlink.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
27981211 No.27981211 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone give me the simplest explanation as to why the value of Link would go up? I get the gist of what it does and it seems really interesting but I'm trying to figure out how that would lead to the token being worth a lot?

>> No.27981267

>>27981211
It honestly should always equal the price of a small cup of coffee. Says so right in the white paper

>> No.27981294

>>27981211
>world governments want to adopt cryptocurrency as a world currency
>governments invest in infrastructure of cryptocurrency
>LINK gets pumped into the heavens
>LINKies get rich
Just kidding. LINKies eat the dirt with Sergey dumps. haha

>> No.27981305

Link holders are absolutely delusional.

Link is the perfect normie coin. It's got a cool logo, it's $20/coin, and "muh oracles" is just technically sophisticated enough for normies to understand but too sophisticated for normies to dive deep enough to realize Link just isn't needed.

If smart contracts actually start being used in the real world (no, making ERC-20 scamcoins doesn't count) then some will require Oracles. But an Oracle is just a JSON parser with some voting mechanisms baked in. It's not something you need BILLIONS of dollars and YEARS to develop. It's not something you need "partnerships" for. You sit down, write the code, and you're done. Chainlink isn't in the Oracle business. They're a branding machine. Their sole objective is pumping the price of their asset, Link. An asset, by the way, they own 60% of. Yes, 60%.

When the time comes Oracles will be written on the native platform (probably Ethereum) and they'll use the native token (Ether). No one is going to need Link, no one is going to buy Link. Nobody will care. This project, along with all the other fad-projects will fade into obscurity. I won't speculate on price, this entire market is an irrational frenzy. Perhaps there is still room to grow, more money to be made. Just know you stand on 0 fundamentals and in the end fundamentals will prevail.

>> No.27981335

Because I'm nice: explicit staking.

>> No.27981359

>>27981267
>hyperinflation makes the price of cup of coffee skyrocket
Sir gay knew this would happen

>> No.27981390

>Imagine the ideal protocol. It would have the most trustworthy third party imaginable – a diety who is on everybody's side. All the parties would send their inputs to God. God would reliably determine the results and return the outputs. God being the ultimate in confessional discretion, no party would learn anything more about the other parties' inputs than they could learn from their own inputs and the output.
>Alas, in the our temporal world we deal with humans rather than deities. Yet, too often we are forced to treat people in a nearly theological manner, because our infrastructure lacks the security needed to protect ourselves.

>> No.27981398

>>27981267
>sirgay is dumping 1m/wk to quietly corner the global coffee hegemony without alerting the SEC
it’s already too late
Colombia falls 2/16