[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 3 KB, 300x168, images.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
27080201 No.27080201 [Reply] [Original]

Give me your best FUD. Why wouldn't this work?

>> No.27080320

>>27080201
overvalued to the point of absurdity

>> No.27080423

>>27080201
>>27046690

>> No.27080517

>>27080320
I'm talking about the short squeeze. Of course it is worthless otherwise.

>> No.27081446

>>27080201
It already worked, but this isn't a game that lasts forever.
Short squeezes are temporary high volatility events. The longer it lasts the more time shorts have to reposition themselves (like yesterday when they orchestrated a sell off). The millions of normies who bought into this will run out of money, get distracted and won't be able to keep playing. Those with huge profits will take them. Stock goes down again. The actual Gamestop business probably avoids bankruptcy and makes a come back, but there will be a trail of tears when the dust has settled.

>> No.27081577

>>27080201
>The actual Gamestop business probably avoids bankruptcy and makes a come back
kek

>> No.27081644

There is something fishy about this. reddit is part of the establishment, so why would they ever allow this to take place on their site if it damages the establishment?

>> No.27081647

why can't the CEO come in public to say anything about the company?

>> No.27081816

>>27080201
Short interest is declining. Buy-side was fucked today due to broker collusion and other bullshit, I guarantee you most of buy-side today was shorts closing out.

>> No.27082023

>>27080201
The most probable reason is that the original short is already covered. I don't think these guys who are on the business for decades will simple sit on their asses while their fund crumbles around them. The proof of this, of course, is that no "squeeze" happened today.
They took great losses, nonetheless, and are certainly looking after recovering them. That's why they have shorted $GME again. They and a whole lot of other players, since it's basically a sure bet that $GME will crash at some point. They won't advertise their shorts to the world again, of course, as they see you as locusts now.
So you have this scenario: lots of people owning $GME stock in overvaluated positions. Some whales have shorted it, probably at a more reasonable rate than Melvin originally did. One could assume that these shorts will be recovered at will, when the price drops throughout next week.
What will not happen, however, is a squeeze that might send the price to the roof. The price will remain at this level as long as some retards remain with the stock, but will devaluate naturally thoughout the week, as the short positions are continuously being closed.
Since the lot of you are badly coordinated, severely suspicious of each other and simply out to make a buck, it is very probable that a panic sell occurs at some point in the near future. This will leave a lot of people holding the bag, naturally, but that's the game.
Another complication on your side is the limitations on buying from Robinhood (the leader of retailers) and other such apps, along with several other possible complications involving NASDAQ itself and government regulators.. This means that a price crash won't likely be recovered by retailers themselves, but will quite possibly be beneficial for the hedge funds that shorted the stocks, as they have a truly free access to the market.
By the way, I don't believe that Robinhood is screwing you up on purpose. I think they're just covering their asses from govt.

>> No.27082119

>>27080320
wrong. gamestop will be the next steam. normies dont even know what steam is while gamestop is a household name. gamestop will take over the digital gaming platform with name recognition alone.

>> No.27082517

>>27081644
once this blows over I'd expect them to contrive a reason to ban the sub for problematic content which the moderators "unfortunately failed to address"... It would be too conspicuous to do it now... That is if they tried to shoah it at all. They just have to make liberal use of the word "toxic" and of vague "threats".

>> No.27082681

>>27081816
>I guarantee you most of buy-side today was shorts closing out.

Winner winner chicken dinner.