[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 203 KB, 500x500, 3o5suf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
26395451 No.26395451 [Reply] [Original]

Spoonfed me /biz/, I just bought my first house and now would like to start getting into investing since I'm not diverting all my free cash to savings.
I'm honestly just looking for confirmation that my picks and my spread aren't retard-tier
>20% - ETF's & Indexes
-QQQ
-SPY
-BETZ
-ICLN
-ARKK
-UFO
Gonna set-and-forget regular contributions to each and let them grow, potentially using them as savings acct's to easily fund more lucrative stock investments as opportunities arise. Hoping for 5%-8% returns here.

>50% - Individual Stocks
- TSM
- FCEL
- CRBP
- SRAC
- NOK
- TSLA (after it corrects)
- CGC
- UAL
- SPCE
I'll likely be buying each in $1000 increments instead of doing multiple, even smaller transactions. I want to avoid FAGMAN stocks since QQQ and SPY are basically just FAGMAN funds I'm aiming for a moderately aggressive individual portfolio, focusing on finding small-medium sized companies and riding them up. Aiming for 10%-20% here.

>30% - Crypto
- ETH
- GRT
- LINK
- ADA
- AVAX
- whatever /biz/ shills as the next xINF coin
I want to regularly buy into some of the more established coins and hold. Occasionally dropping $1000 on a Saturn V hoping it x20's. Since crypto seems like the kind of market poorfags like me have a good chance to aquire decent stake for not a lot of money.

Obviously I'm starting out and have no real buying power, so my I need to build it up over the next two years so I can start putting bigger puts on things to make real money. My goal for now is to have a networth of 60k by EOY 2022. AIGMI?

>> No.26395551

>>26395451
All in on Rubic

>> No.26395593
File: 114 KB, 568x700, 20201216_032748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

u should buy bonded.finance sir lol

>> No.26395692

Man you are spread so thin, and there is a lot of overlap. For example, why buy both QQQ and SPY? Why have both ARKK and TSLA? your plan isn't bad, and I do like that it's heavy crypto, but honestly I'd just stick with top 10 by marketcap for crypto.

if you care at all about what I do.. I regularly buy QQQ / ARKG / ARKK every month (yes I know I'm tech heavy).. and will hunt on /biz/ for decent long term plays, e.g. PLTR.

>> No.26395708

>>26395451
TL:dr nobody cares, kys

>> No.26395763
File: 562 KB, 513x513, 1607568036872.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>26395551
The last time I checked, the gas was $1300 lmao. I've already accepted that I'm going to miss rubic if it's a big winner.
There will be others and I will be in on those.

>> No.26396215

>>26395692
I'm always interested to hear anything not related to crypto in /biz/. I'm also of the mind that tech will do nothing but expand and will be betting on that.
Yeah, i dont know how many stocks and funds I should be buying in to, maybe cut down to like 4 funds and 4-6 individuals?? I should take a closer look at redundancy in my funds/individuals too.
I do plan to semi-regularly buy like 3-4 of the top coins and then gamble on the moonshots to satisfy my gambling urges so I I'm not tempted to do anything squirrely with my long puts

>> No.26396403

>>26396215
lets be clear here.. this money you are talking about is money that is NOT RELATED to your 401k/Roth/etc right? Because I view it as such: I do put money in a 401k (whatever the max the company matches), and I do put my max into a Roth. This is retirement money, assuming I live that long. everything else is in a non-tax-deferred account and consists of what I mentioned about, some ETFs, some stocks, some crypto, some risk plays, etc. This account I have isn't totally "low risk low reward"..see that is what my 401k & Roth are for.. this fund is a bit between that and just throwing all your money at GME and seeing what happens. I hope this puts things into perspective for you. regardless, I will say this, pick some things you like and that you are bullish on for the long term (Tech is a fantastic example) and just buy some ETFs and stocks related to that. try not to think about it and look at it every day like I do. that is a fools errand, and will only harm you more spiritually and mentally in the long run. PICK SOME THINGS, COMMIT TO THEM, PUT MONEY IN THEM MONTHLY, AND LIVE YOUR LIFE.

>> No.26396513

>he's not all in on DeFi shitcoins

gonna miss out on a lot of 10x's

>> No.26397089

>>26396403
Yeah, this is not including my 401k, I view the ETF's as pretty safe too. I am also planning to build a rental real-estate portfolio as well, which is already accounted for in my spare money. This is just another avenue of investment I want to be good at. Thanks for the input anon

>>26396513
I already live a decent life, I'm not so green-eyed that I'm gonna go all-in on every single schizo-coin that pops up