[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 91 KB, 585x323, cropped-cadelllast_24600221320536_small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
26114125 No.26114125 [Reply] [Original]

The way to make money isn't to jump on existing hype waves, it is to scope out the future some years ahead. We need to start asking ourselves "what are we overvaluing now and what will be valued more in the future?" Most millennials and zoomers today immediately say "crypto", not just the autists but even the most mainstream plebs think this. In fact surveys reveal that millennials and zoomers would rather put money into crypto than into the stock market. That to me is a major signal to be planned around.

My prediction is this: the crypto market will grow over the next 5 years, but it will reach a point of overvaluation which will leave the stock market in a state of undervaluation. The reason for this will be due to the arrival of AI. Consider the case of DeepMind's success with AlphaFold; essentially automating in seconds what used to take entire teams of PhDs weeks or months to do the same work. This pattern of extreme new efficiencies will spread to many other areas of research and the biggest place to be will likely be biotech (IBB/XBI). My prediction is that this area will end up growing more than any crypto, and the stock market, particularly the IT/biotech sectors will absolutely trash crypto returns. Whereas there is always a rough cap on the amount of wealth that crypto can capture, AI driven productivity into biotech is essentially infinite; the market will simply become more and more powerful until humans are transformed into posthumanity. Would you dump your entire net worth into becoming ageless and immune to cancer, heart disease, stroke and nerve disorders? Yes. And so will most other people. It makes financial sense to do that because you would then give yourself hundreds more years of investment time.

The time isn't quite now to take advantage of this as I'm sure crypto will outperform at least over the next couple of years and the stock markets could crash in the event of an ascendant dollar. But...time this wisely.

>> No.26114235

>biotech
about 4 years late but still early
its still innovation phase

>> No.26114335

>>26114125
Good thinking

>> No.26114435

>buy crypto
>sell everything
>invest in stocks and real estate

Thats the way OP

>> No.26114563

>>26114125
You think that crypto is overplayed because you're in an environment where that's all people are talking about. in reality, not many people are in crypto and the stock market is still thousands of times larger.